100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road

I like the golf stories

One thing I like best on this forum is the recounting of "great moments in golf". Whether a beginner or not, what moments got you hooked? What moments made you feel like a pro? Whats your favourite part about golf?

No stories?

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    ...well just like my golf game, it's gonna take a lifetime before it gets better
    Not to sound too wussy, my golf is a reflection of my life... you are the ball, and you want to have some control of it most of the time.
    Before I go further off topic, I'll I can say is when I'm teeing off, it feels like I'm about to ride a roller coaster with an unknow destination...and I can't wait to get back on it again..

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I play with a good friend. He is a former collegiate athlete and time and football have taken some of his abilities away not to mention countless surgeries. I am a better golfer than he and one day on the 11th hole at the Gatineau he ended up in front of the water. he asked me what how he should play it. Having my ego stroked I went into detail on how it was not good course management for him to try and fly over the water to narrow landing area in front of the green since he had no chance of making the green. He did not take my adice and quickly topped his ball into the water. I was sitting a few yards in front of him and I could reach the green. I set-up and promptly topped mine into the water. My buddy burst out laughing at my not taking my own advice and I could not help but laugh as well, it was a classic.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

jhazelton

Careful...

I was out golfing with my Dad and brother a few years back. We were playing the final hole of one of the Quarry nine at Quarry Oaks outside of Winnipeg.

http://www.golfquarry.com/playguide/quarry9.htm

Well, he hit his tee shot left and it came to rest on the downslope about 4 feet from the water just before the turn.

Being the righty that he is, he proceed to take his stance with his back to the water and getting his balance on a fairly steep slope. He is planning to play a nice draw around the corner trying to come up about 100 yards in front.

Well, I am making my way over to my ball while my brother is keepign an eye on his shot. While I regret not getting to see it happen, I turned around in response to the profanities to only see his hat floating in the lake followed by him coming up for air after being completely submerged.

After about 10 minutes of hysterics, my brother tells me that he never stood a chance. As soon as he took he backswing, he was off balance and was going for a swim no matter what he did.

I have to say, it was the funniest thing I had ever seen on a golf course.

Im glad I prompted. These are all good. I like the "golf is my life" thing.

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    A few years ago when my brother first started golfing we were on the 9th hole West at the Canadian. A guy we were playing with decided that it would be a good idea to walk 50 yards ahead of my brother and get ready to play his shot.

The guy was a big boy. When I say big I mean 300+. Anyways my brother skulled a 2 iron and it started off as a high velocity worm burner. Well it hit this guy right in the ankle and he fell like a sack of potatoes.

Goes to show, good or bad, play in order!!

Thread Information