+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron Hardcore is on a distinguished road

Top 3 easiest courses in the area

Hello everyone,

I took a newbie out for 9 on Friday night at Larrimac. Got me to thinking - what are your choices for easiest courses in the region? For me, I am pretty big fan of Anderson for my game as it's fairly open and flat. However, I am not sure if I'd characterize it as "easy" as some of the holes can be tricky. I'd be interested in hearing what some of the veterans here believe to be the easiest standard 18 championship courses (i.e. excluding Dunnderosa, White Sands, etc.)

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    have not played Mountain creek , White Lake , for a few years but it is forgiving. But be prepared to take cover on stray shots from other fairways. Greens are known to be very good.
    Irish Hills , Carp, also have not played here in a few years is straight forward, a couple of longer holes but pretty much flat. ok shape nothing spectacular.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Not sure about the top 3 easiest, but IMO Cloverdale is one of the easiest full length courses in the area.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Greensmere Premiere for me. Any time my confidence needs boosting, I head there for a "comfortable" round.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Cloverdale is for sure the easiest. Greensmere Premier is easy, but more the front than the back. 13-14-15 can be a tough stretch for an average player. Equinelle is also up there, pretty wide open except for 7-8-9.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Cloverdale Links - Flat with no trees and not a lot of water. Some fescue to deal with on some holes, but overall pretty comfortable to play.
    Pineview - Some of the par 4s are long, but very flat with almost no water and wide fairways. Can't think of a single hole that can beat you up.
    Kingsway - Another flat course that does have a creek meandering through several holes and a monster par 3, but still rather easy to play.

Honourable Mentions to Anderson Links (East 9 can be tough, but the West/South combo is wide open) and Champlain (some long holes, but WIDE fairways make for stress-free golf).

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Talon and greyhawk are easy courses and well maintained, if you want to buy a golflink membership.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Overall playability, I would agree with Cloverdale. No trees, very flat, bunkers are steep and not a lot of water comes into play. Also, newer players should choose their tee boxes wisely as this makes the difference as well.

4 Iron Hardcore is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the tips, guys. I don't really care for Cloverdale as I just find it uninteresting and generally poorly groomed but it's been a while since I have played Greensmere and Pineview so maybe I'll try those next when out with a rook.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Pineview is easy off the tee, fairly open, though a lot of the greens are slightly elevated and guarded by bunkers which makes for challenging approach shots.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Falcon Ridge is wide open..the front 9 anyway.. 10-11-12 are brutal but even for experienced players. After that it is wide open again. Flat and big greens.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Another vote for Cloverdale here. Have to disagree with both Falcon Ridge and Pineview. Both have been made easier over the years by shortening the distances on the white tees. However both still have long holes that are tough for the average player and Falcon as 10-11-12.

Thread Information