+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Lob Wedge PJ1 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    its a customer service problem when all the dust settles in this thread .
    Let’s not be so quick to blame this all on customer service at Stonebridge….after all, if the guy would have talked to the pro shop before his round this thread wouldn’t exist.

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    This portion of PJ1's post is most indicative of the perspective offered on the circumstances of the player's encounters that day...

"...What you failed to mention in your post though is that you aggressively approached us on the #8 green. You proceeded to tell us we 'got you kicked off the course' and we should 'shut our mouths and mind our own business'."

With only one post to their credit so far, the original poster seems to have adopted their own advice about proceeding in the quietude they required of PJ1's group.
    Last edited by MarcArt; 06-07-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Putter leef is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Millergolfco View Post
    My wife and I just had a really bad experience at Stonebridge today. The cart rule is drive in the rough and on #6 Janice hit her drive near the fairway bunker. She has a mobility problem and was hurting from walking most of #5 so I crossed the fairway to get her closer to her ball. In the group ahead was an off duty Marshall who complained to the Marshall that we were driving "all over the course". When I explained the situation he said that she should not be playing until she can drive on the fairway and told us we had to leave the course. We were so upset. I went to the pro Shop and explained the situation and they sided with the Marshall. Then, they would only give us a 9 hole rain check! We are really upset, even hours after the event.
    Marshalling at Stonebridge GC has been sketchy for a long time, but they are responsible for the reputation of the course. In my humble opinion, they deserve the financial difficulties they are experiencing. There is no doubt Mattamy Homes is going to plough it over and replace it with homes- too bad, and the only one responsible is the club pro. He sets the tone for how the club operates. Empowering a Marshall to tell a player with a mobility disability to leave the course is completely offside.
    Sorry to hear that. We quit playing at Stonebridge a couple years ago. The Marshall there always pushed us to play faster. We play all over Ottawa and this never happened in other clubs. Not in equinelle, not in Marshes, not in Loch March, not in Gatineau etc. We play reasonably fast considering 4 of us always walk. But sometimes the group ahead of with the cart would play faster, but that is entirely expected. Anyway we said good bye to Stonebridge after a few times of unpleasant experience.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    This may not be the appropriate thread to post this but in general there are a handful of local courses that understand there is a very limited market here and that they must do their utmost to get the most golfers at their venue and to make sure their experience is a very good one. I personally can say that I have had both good and bad experiences at SB with the bad still lingering on in my mind. I can say that when I do have a negative experience I certainly do not go there again, there are only a couple of those courses in Ottawa. I can also say that many times it is the players on the course that cause problems as well.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information