+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Loch March today..... just excellent

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Played The Marshes...
    I understand now why they were offering a discount. Greens were very spotty. It almost seemed like they placed the pins in the worst part of the green on most holes. Anyways, still had a great day with my son and it was our first time there.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Smugglers Glen today....greens and fairways are in excellent condition. Worth the drive.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road

rockland golf course

You can play Rockland on Monday after 12:00 for $49 + tax which includes golf/cart/supper. Mondays only

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slash View Post
    You can play Rockland on Monday after 12:00 for $49 + tax which includes golf/cart/supper. Mondays only
    Good value for sure. Thanks for posting.

Im a fixture here mathc38 is on a distinguished road mathc38's Avatar
    I would give Gatineau a 9/10...greens were wonderful...not bumpy at all and rolling true

I would give Stonebridge an 8.5/10...greens were perfect..no kill but not really cut or rolled so they were running slower than their normal pace

I would give Equinelle an 8/10...greens had some kill on them but ball was still rolling true. Fairways were perfect.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Mont Ste Marie,played today and the greens were just amazing,fairways pretty good,the sprinklers were in action so that was fun when the ball landed between 2 huge sprinklers but on a hot day it was refreshing...we are golf extra members so 30 with cart before noon is hard to beat..will be back asap

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Chateau Cartier is still on the rough side especially two holes along the river. White Sands is in real good shape except for maybe two greens that are not yet 100%. Great place to work on your game and a real challenge if played from the blues.

Pitching Wedge chucky is on a distinguished road chucky's Avatar
    Has anyone played Pineview in the last week any info on the conditions would be appreciated.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by S2H2Lover View Post
    Anybody been up to Montebello yet? Worth the drive? If not, how about Heritage?

Heritage today, very good conditions, some spots on some greens, but they are so big, it's not an issue, If you are with Golf Extra its a real deal at $34. tx incl. Recommended

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Played Nationview golf course last Tuesday, I must say they have one of the best Green that I have played on this year (7 different courses). Still a little bit of work to do on the sand traps but an employee had a hearth attack so things got out of whack. Any way all the golfers in my group (7) were impressed by the quality of the green.
    scrollerpete

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Renfrew yesterday in a cart and it was fine. Greens are nice, some fairways are starting to hurt a bit but overall very nice.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    Played Nationview golf course last Tuesday, I must say they have one of the best Green that I have played on this year (7 different courses). Still a little bit of work to do on the sand traps but an employee had a hearth attack so things got out of whack. Any way all the golfers in my group (7) were impressed by the quality of the green.
    Are you talking about the course south of Kemptville towards South Mountain?
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Yes that is the one.
    scrollerpete

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Loch March tee to green was very nice shape but the bugs were brutal yesterday. Hole 15 in particular, there was a swarm of deer fly's on the green. Love the course but the insect situation puts a damper on an otherwise excellent track. A couple of years back they dropped in some dragonfly's to help with the situation, they should consider doing this again.

Hawkesbury was just fantastic yesterday. Greens are really nice, some dry spots fairways but no problem.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Has Stittsville improved at all?

Tnx

Out of Bounds rancherJ is on a distinguished road rancherJ's Avatar
    Stittsville, (glen mar) fairways VERY spotty and believe it or not getting hard despite the fact i played the morning after major thunderstorms. greens suspect, many are poorly filled in
    Stonebridge, greens are slower than usual but filled in amazingly, next couple of cuts they will be back to 100%. fairways, pristine
    Marshes, the greens are a mess, they must be embarrassed. Not even close to being up to standard. Fairways are great
    Chateau Cartier, Pleasantly surprised, other than a couple of holes along the river, greens are shaping up beautifully. fairways decent
    Canadian, just about regular mid summer form which is usually quite nice
    Last edited by rancherJ; 07-08-2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: add detail

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    Loch March tee to green was very nice shape but the bugs were brutal yesterday. Hole 15 in particular, there was a swarm of deer fly's on the green. Love the course but the insect situation puts a damper on an otherwise excellent track. A couple of years back they dropped in some dragonfly's to help with the situation, they should consider doing this again.
    thats why I wait to play there till early september to late september,those bugs are killers

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Timber Run yesterday was so disappointing. Hard to find any positives.
    I understand they lost their feature bridge in the Spring flooding but still seeing portions of it spread quite a ways down the water was just sad. Only saw one mower doing the fringe on one green.
    Tee-boxes are chopped to pieces, most greens are very patchy, several fairways had acres of clover in full bloom.
    We declared all the bunkers as Ground Under-Repair; eroding away, lots of big stones, sand/clay baked dry.

Too bad as it can be an interesting layout. The ladies in the clubhouse were very cheerful!!
    Probably won't be back this season.

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road
    We played Timber Run about a month ago and it was still in okay condition. We nearly cried when we saw the bridge in broken pieces all the way down the river. What a beautiful structure. I wonder if they have the resources to build another.

We were thinking of playing it again soon but your comments really hit home. It is a gem that if it was closer to the city and well groomed would be difficult to get on. Every hole is different which is what I like in a course. You have to use every club in your bag. And lots of tricky blind shots to boot. I hope they can bring it back this year.

Thanks for the post.

Canadian today and its not up to its normal condition. Greens need some work still, fairways are a bit better. Playable but far from being in top shape.A shame cause i really like playing there

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Meadows greens have come a long way from the start of the season. Pretty good right now
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chucky View Post
    Has anyone played Pineview in the last week any info on the conditions would be appreciated.
    Played on Wednesday, fairways were green but rock hard...good for an extra 40yds in roll... bunkers were in good shape, I would say half of the greens were great, the other had patches of rough spots...

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Any updates on Hyland? How many temp greens do they have still? Thinking of playing a tourney there, but don't want to play if they still have temp greens or bad greens...

4 Iron Hardcore is on a distinguished road

Amberwood

Played there Wednesday night with a buddy. For $16, you can't go wrong and at least a few of the holes were just immaculate. Good little west end 9 where you can use every club in the bag.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

Champlain

Quote Originally Posted by Guzman View Post
    Play Champlain today conditions pretty good compare to everything else, I have played!
    Any news in Chateau Cartier??
    Played today and pleasantly surprised. The greens are very good, rolling great and consistent. Only a couple of blemishes on 1-2 greens other than it was as good as I have seen on this course. The fairway is also surprising dry even with the rain last night. Only with a couple of muddy areas on a few holes.

Overall it is very good for the price

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Cobden on Sunday---a bit of a drive---one hour from west end. 42.00 all in --great deal The locals are saying Whitetail and Wolf Ridge are also decent.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Seasoned Veteran donquijote is on a distinguished road donquijote's Avatar
    Played Montebello last Wednesday
    It was in good shape . Bunkers and greens in perfect shape
    But some fairways were a bit dry and in rough shape
    Played emerald links yesterday (south and east ) and it’s in great shape

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Cobden on Sunday---a bit of a drive---one hour from west end. 42.00 all in --great deal The locals are saying Whitetail and Wolf Ridge are also decent.
    Whitetail was in fantastic shape a few weeks ago , Cobden was starting to look really good couple of weeks ago too ,
    Great courses
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information