CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan585 View Post
    I played ANDERSON links yesterday (Sunday, June 16) and it is beaten up, bare fairways and patchy greens, and at $60 full weekend greenfees, it simply isn't reasonable for such conditions, compared to others like Greensmere who are in way better shape have continued to offer discounts.
    I played Anderson last Friday (West and South) and the conditions are as above. The South had much better greens than the West, I would even say they were decent.

Played Edelweiss the day before and conditions are tough on both the fairways and the greens. I think it's just that way at most places right now.

All that said, even if neither were in mint condition, you could tee off, hit the ball on to the green and then putt it. I'd rather be out playing golf than sitting around not playing golf.

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road
    Played Cobden last week. Fairways and tee boxes in very good condition. However the greens were not puttable. First time I had seen this so others may have some ideas but most had what looked like small round craters on them ringed in white. Made the greens unputtable so we used a two putt rule. Rest of the course was fine.

Played Rolling Green (formerly Lombard Glen) yesterday and it was in great shape. All but one green were perfect with a good roll. Fairways and tee boxes also in great shape. Had an enjoyable round on a perfect day (low 20s, light breeze, blue skies, and minimal mozzies.)

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    anyone with a report for Mt Ste Marie,overall conditions,thanks

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Skipped out of work yesterday with a colleague and headed down to the seaway to play 36...a fantastic day.

Played Iroquois first, what a friendly, picturesque and fun little course. Fairways a little rustic but greens were excellent. $15 for the round (2 for 1) and a great lunch in the restaurant after. Will absolutely return.

Then on to Upper Canada. Again, course was in great shape tee to green and well worth the drive....$25 for the round (2 for 1)

The greens on both these courses were much better than anything I've played in Ottawa so far this year...what a difference an hour or so south makes in terms of climate. Well worth the drive and both great deals.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Unbelievable---here we are almost the first day of summer and we are talking "spring conditions ?"
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    Play Champlain today conditions pretty good compare to everything else, I have played!
    Any news in Chateau Cartier??
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

Cartier holes along the water where the flooding was has dried out,still some debris that has to be cleaned up but still closed off.They had a tournament scheduled a week or so ago and could not accomodate so they had asked Champlain if they could take the tourney but were unable to.

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Anyone play dagonfly recently? What are the conditions like?

Dfly was in nice condition last week.Was wet a little on 9 for sure as usual, greens pretty good compared to other courses around Ottawa..

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Sand Point today was excellent. Entire course rounding into fine shape...No cart restrictions anywhere. Beer super cold!!

Putter kirk5i is on a distinguished road
    Best overall conditions we played were Loch March and Mapleview. Good fairways and very good greens on both. Equinelle had good fairways but need work on their greens as there are quite a few bad areas. Number 11 green is in bad shape. Dragon fly (1 bad green) and Renfrew were both very playable and were overall pretty good. Marshes has good tees and fairways but the greens that are open are poor (7 temporaries?). Canadian fairways are OK but there are some bad areas. Their greens were playable but as with most local courses they have some trouble spots which will need to grow in. Stittsville is in bad condition. Nation was very playable. Almost all of the courses have poor bunker conditions.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Mississippi today. fairways tee boxes and greens are in fantastic shape. Greens are rolling true and fast with minimal to no winter kill.

$42. with tax is well worth the price for the excellent conditions. Well Done Mississippi!

Lob Wedge Morgan585 is on a distinguished road

Emerald Links - course conditions

The fairways are pretty good but the greens are in bad shape, they have not improved over the month of June, and the tee boxes from the blues need some work, some better basic maintenance and evening out of the ground, and sadly this has been the same for several years now. Charging full rate in these conditions is not good marketing.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Played Mississippi today. fairways tee boxes and greens are in fantastic shape. Greens are rolling true and fast with minimal to no winter kill.

$42. with tax is well worth the price for the excellent conditions. Well Done Mississippi!
    I heard from a member that the greens were good, but the fairways were not so good. The bridge from 5 tee box to 5 green is still out and so you have to cross the 1st fairway twice (at your own risk) to get there.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kirk5i View Post
    Best overall conditions we played were Loch March and Mapleview. Good fairways and very good greens on both. Equinelle had good fairways but need work on their greens as there are quite a few bad areas. Number 11 green is in bad shape. Dragon fly (1 bad green) and Renfrew were both very playable and were overall pretty good. Marshes has good tees and fairways but the greens that are open are poor (7 temporaries?). Canadian fairways are OK but there are some bad areas. Their greens were playable but as with most local courses they have some trouble spots which will need to grow in. Stittsville is in bad condition. Nation was very playable. Almost all of the courses have poor bunker conditions.
    I played Stittsville and Sand Point this week and while Sand Point was pretty good (the odd green was patchy), it also had fairway patches of bare ground. Stittsville's greens were a bit worse, some ok, some were "tricky" putting, and also had fairway bad patches, but overall I would NOT rate it as BAD.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road
    Anyone play Prescott?

Played Canadian yesterday on a beautiful day for golf. Sunny with slight wind. Apart from the greens and fairway #1 (West), the place was in pretty good shape. A lot of the greens have bare patches so are not true for putting. It may take another two to four weeks for them to recover. Sand traps were fine (sad to say...)

Lob Wedge Morgan585 is on a distinguished road
    Anyone have updates on the conditions at Falcon Ridge? Loch March? Marshes? and Gatineau? Thanks!!!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan585 View Post
    Anyone have updates on the conditions at Falcon Ridge? Loch March? Marshes? and Gatineau? Thanks!!!
    Played Gatineau 2 weeks ago and the fairways are in great shape.. Need some cutting actually. Most greens are filling in and rolling ok except 14th..2/3 of the surface are dead . Overall it's very playable.

I should hope Gatineau is playable at 55 plus tax on weekends....update played yesterday and greens were mostly like concrete and 3 or 4 were actually good others with winter burn..another thing being a humid day and walking with gf,hardly any benches to sit down for a rest and cart girl gone by 2pm..we ran out of water..
    Last edited by justdoit; 06-25-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Are there any courses in the area still on temp greens or in the case of Eagle Creek are there still entire holes closed? Haven’t driven by Hylands lately. Hoping they are back up and running.

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Are there any courses in the area still on temp greens or in the case of Eagle Creek are there still entire holes closed? Haven’t driven by Hylands lately. Hoping they are back up and running.
    They have 12 out of 36 in play as of 2 days ago
    scrollerpete

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Whitetail was spectacular today
    On golfnow 18 holes with cart $33
    Unbelievable value on a top class track
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    They have 12 out of 36 in play as of 2 days ago
    16 on South

12 on North

Seasoned Veteran donquijote is on a distinguished road donquijote's Avatar
    Renfrew golf course is in amazing shape
    No winter kill at all and fairways in superb
    Condition
    Killer deal after 10 am on weekends
    $45 tax in 18 holes with cart free burger and a beer
    Worth the drive

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    played loch march yesterday...good shape all round especially the greens
    played cloverdale today...greens very patchy but $23

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donquijote View Post
    Renfrew golf course is in amazing shape
    No winter kill at all and fairways in superb
    Condition
    Killer deal after 10 am on weekends
    $45 tax in 18 holes with cart free burger and a beer
    Worth the drive
    Wow, now thats what i call taking care of business. More courses should fallow suit.

Wonder how many new members that Renfrew adds next year? Wonder how many bail on some local courses? Based on what I’m reading here Renfrew has been fantastic from opening day.

We got 7 new members from Camelot this year and I bet next year we get another 10 next year. People will drive and pay for quality and I think in some cases courses might be guilty of taking their membership for granted.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Johnyc to me that is crazy. If I had the chance and cash to play Camelot every day or Renfrew hands down Camelot and I have only played Camelot once Renfrew probably 40 times and I like both courses. Other thing is location that people live.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    Johnyc to me that is crazy. If I had the chance and cash to play Camelot every day or Renfrew hands down Camelot and I have only played Camelot once Renfrew probably 40 times and I like both courses. Other thing is location that people live.
    I’m a member at Hunt Club. I’m talking about the fact that we picked up 7 new members from Camelot who have come to Hunt club. And I bet we add more next year as the conditions at Camelot are inferior

As for Renfrew I bet they add members given the feedback I’ve read. But no my comment wasn’t meant to compare Camelot to renfrew

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Johnyc thanks for the info. Paying the money that these courses cost to play it is understandable that excellent conditions are demanded and expected. With less golfers every year it is getting tougher for all courses. To me courses like Hunt will always be ok but the ones trying to keep up will have difficulty.

Thread Information