CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Lob Wedge Morgan585 is on a distinguished road
    Any course conditions updates for Emerald Links? and Loch March? Marshes? Thanks!

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played Smiths Falls today. While there were quite a few wet spots, overall the fairways were ok. What I liked about the management was that they REALLY MARKED OFF the areas Carts were allowed, so I expect the fairways will recover much faster with only the "rough" getting packed down due to carts. A small price for me to pay in order to enjoy a nicer course next month!! The greens were good, a few spots near the edges on some greens, but overall quite good. The tee boxes were ok. Suffering from a bit of wear and tear. Given the fantastic weather today, it was a great outing at Smiths Falls !!
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

4 Iron Gangrel is on a distinguished road
    Played Sorcier on Wednesday. Water wise, the fairways et al were pretty good. There were areas staked off that looked wet, but I don't know if any of us hit into any of them. Fairways were brown in some spots, but overall I'd say they were pretty good. I should preface by saying it's my first round of the year, so I have no idea how it compares to other spots.
    Still some rough greens, some with winterkill, some with punchmarks. There were a few greens that looked pretty good.

But for the price, I'd say it was a good day of golf. We teed off at 2 and I think it was around $45 including the cart.

For a lot of us it was the first time there, and all of us have said we would love to go back later in the summer once things have grown back as it's a very nice track to play with lots of gorgeous holes.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played a quick 9 at Canadian east today, overall decent shape , greens are soso.

Canadian are noting a temp green on hole #4, actually they are doing a major reno on that hole and putting in a new green, I believe it will play as a par 4 in the future.... I suspect it will be 'temp green' all season. They are also planning on moving tee boxes back on 5 to make it a par 5.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Played eQuinelle today...superb conditions. A few spots on the greens, but did not impact play.

Lob Wedge Scorpion43 is on a distinguished road
    Played Cloverdale and it was in TERRIBLE shape. Greens and fairways. Anyone play Casselview?

Pitching Wedge GMoch is on a distinguished road
    Folks, treat yourselves and play Renfrew golf club. Conditions are superb and the customer service 2nd to none. Surprising considering the terrible winter and they do get bad winters in the Valley. I know as I grew up there. Also surprising considering their maintenance budget is a fraction of some of the bigger budget private and public courses here in Ottawa. Sort of makes you go hmmm. Also played Calabogie this past Friday and their greens are very good. Fairways are good as well except for a few soft spots on the 16th hole.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Does anyone know what Eagle Creek conditions are like?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shivas Irons View Post
    Does anyone know what Eagle Creek conditions are like?
    As of couple of weeks ago there were 4 holes closed due to water issues. Not sure what it's like now but you definitely want to check.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Anyone played Nation lately, I heard that they lost all their greens? Any truth to this?
    scrollerpete

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    I played 2 weeks ago--it was playable. It was not worth the price they were charging but I would not say they LOST all their greens. Some were in bad shape. Played Renfrew the following week and it was super.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Thanks for the info, guess what will be in Renfrew Next Monday.
    scrollerpete

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Played Black Bear a few days ago in Belleville and conditions are incredible. Trillium Woods good conditions compared to Ottawa courses but not yet 100% and a little wet and soft in areas. Bring your bug spray.

Putter Harpfire is on a distinguished road
    Does anyone have an update on course conditions at Emerald Links. Thanks

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    played a quick 9 at Canadian east today, overall decent shape , greens are soso.

Canadian are noting a temp green on hole #4, actually they are doing a major reno on that hole and putting in a new green, I believe it will play as a par 4 in the future.... I suspect it will be 'temp green' all season. They are also planning on moving tee boxes back on 5 to make it a par 5.
    No! Say it ain't so. No 5 east is my favourite hole on that entire property. A great par 4. I love that little 5 green and 6 corner.

Anyone played Upper Canada? Cheers.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    Anyone played Upper Canada? Cheers.
    Played Upper Canada this past weekend...it is in pretty good shape...fairways were dry with minimal winter kill. The greens all in all were good. They had some issues with #5 green which has remnants of damage, but still pretty good. They did a great job in locating the pins away from any bad spots so the putts rolled true. not as fast as normal, but they still had some good speed. It is worth the drive....you won't be disappointed.

Thanks Koko72....heading down there on Monday

9 Iron Sparks is on a distinguished road Sparks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion43 View Post
    Played Cloverdale and it was in TERRIBLE shape. Greens and fairways. Anyone play Casselview?
    Almost unplayable - greens were atrocious. Most of them just bare sand, a few patchy blades of grass, and covered in old grass seed and fertilizer that doesn't seem to be sprouting. So sad, I've always thought of them as consistently some of the best in the region. Hope they can get it together.
    "I used to relax on the weekends... then I started playing golf."

Anybody played the Meadows lately, did not find any comments so far.
    scrollerpete

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    Anybody played the Meadows lately, did not find any comments so far.
    Several times. Greens are rough, like plinko. Fairways not much better. Lots of bare patches.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played the Marshes today...Fairways and tee boxes are in fantastic condition...albeit wet with all the rain we have had lately. Can't say the same for the greens. a lot of winter kill present with a lot of bare spots with no grass on them at all...where the grass is growing in it is very bumpy as it is growing in unevenly. Greens were slightly better on the back nine.

Love playing the Marshes, but I can't see myself going back for a while as it is frustrating trying to putt on bumpy greens. Hope they recover quickly.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Played the Marshes today...Fairways and tee boxes are in fantastic condition...albeit wet with all the rain we have had lately. Can't say the same for the greens. a lot of winter kill present with a lot of bare spots with no grass on them at all...where the grass is growing in it is very bumpy as it is growing in unevenly. Greens were slightly better on the back nine.

Love playing the Marshes, but I can't see myself going back for a while as it is frustrating trying to putt on bumpy greens. Hope they recover quickly.
    Wow...I almost booked a tee time there for today. For the price they are charging ($69+tax), you would think the conditions were reasonable.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Upper Canada was in fine shape, nice greens and fairways.Always a treat for us to go up there.

Putter Cartwright is on a distinguished road
    Any updates on Rockland? I heard they came out of winter quite well. However I heard recently that their superintendent has quit.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    They will have a replacement soon & the crew can handle the maintenance of the course at the moment. Course is in very good condition except for a few greens that have a few spots here and there. The worst is 9 west which is the one that we finish at the patio. 90 degree cart rules except when rain is an issue and they have carts path only. They have top dress the south and west course last week so greens should be better next week.

Lob Wedge Morgan585 is on a distinguished road
    I played ANDERSON links yesterday (Sunday, June 16) and it is beaten up, bare fairways and patchy greens, and at $60 full weekend greenfees, it simply isn't reasonable for such conditions, compared to others like Greensmere who are in way better shape have continued to offer discounts.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Buckingham will be aerating the front nine tomorow. The back was done a month ago and is just in great shape. Just a heads up.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Are Champlain and Chateau Cartier ok?

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    STITTSVILLE (Glen MAR..old)

The worst we have played this year. Gave only 3 greens an OK, not even a good. Many patchy winter killed areas in tee-boxes & fairways.

SIGH

Thread Information