+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    9 Iron rutkay is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by manotick View Post
    I played Casselview late last week and lots of winter kill on fairways and greens. Dry. Worst course conditions I have seen on this course

I have played Mapleview three times. Course in good shape and dry. Fairways are green and greens are good.
    Of the courses that I have played, I thought that Casselview was actually one of the best. The greens rolled fairly well and were consistent in speed. No question about the amount of winter kill, but that seems ot be common everywhere.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Hawkesbury , greens are great with the exception of some aprons which are burnt. Tee boxes are good for the most part......fairways are in rough shape. Confident the fairways will come around, the main thing is they did an awesome job ensuring their greens survived.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played Sand Point today. Overall very good. Still some wet spots and restricted cart areas on the fairways, but quite acceptable. Greens in really good condition, just a bit slow as they are letting them really grow in .. which will make them even better in a couple of weeks.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

one more point re: Hawkesbury, they are charging summer rates now. Before noon, green fee with cart $65 is a bit much for the current conditions.

Gap Wedge bigdraws is on a distinguished road
    I've heard June 8th is now the set date for temps to be bak in play

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road

Pakenham

Played Pakenham yesterday (Lake/Island)

Same situation as a lot of courses; many greens had lots of winter kill and were almost unputtable; the low fairways had water and mud on them; our cart got stuck in mud on a couple of fairways; the rough was quite long and needs cutting, but the rain has prevented that. Hopefully in another week or two the course will be looking much better.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdraws View Post
    I've heard June 8th is now the set date for temps to be bak in play
    For which course?

9 Iron bbotti is on a distinguished road

Loch March Mosquito Conditions

Sounds like Loch March is in good shape. Does anyone have any input on the mosquito conditions?

rgds

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    The mosquitoes are in great shape, flying very well and in abundance and very hungry. Mostly in the woods as usual so stay in the fairway!~
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Mont-Cascades greens are awesome, no winter kill and rolls beautifully, impressive considering this winter, a little moisture in the fairways but very satisfied with the overall condition and... no tempo greens.
    Last edited by Kak; 05-29-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hey guys---get up to Renfrew 1 hr. 10 minutes from Montreal Rd and Queensway at 9:30 am. I am not going to say mid summer conditions but pretty close---a little bit of winter kill nothing to worry about. Everyone out cutting today---no wet spots to talk about. They are doing repair work on a few bunkers and tee boxes just fine and not too many flies 1 1/2 hour home, left at 3:00 --stayed in left lane all the way---piece of cake BTW---I hate 17 Simple little par 3---take 2 more clubs
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played Mountain Creek today. While the south part of Ottawa didn't get much rain yesterday, Arnprior did and there was standing water on the cart paths. Fairways were squishy for the most part. Lots of bare patches on the fairways, and lots of brown areas on most of the greens. They are doing their best, but it's going to be a long road to mid-summer conditions.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Played Mt Cascades today..was in very nice condition greens were excellent..always enjoy that course but a * of a road going in..

has anyone been out to Smiths Falls ? also would be interested in hearing updates on the Marshes greens

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Greens and fairways at The Canadian need some work especially fairways.

Lob Wedge Morgan585 is on a distinguished road
    Any update on course conditions at Aylmer courses: Champlain, Chateau Cartier and Gatineau?

Putter sthomp7 is on a distinguished road
    I played Smith Falls last week and it was in great shape, one temp on 1 but it's likely gone now.

thanks for the update on Smiths Falls , greens are normally very good shape

Pitching Wedge sweetblazer is on a distinguished road
    Mississippi is in really good shape. Rough is borderline unfair thick, and fairways and greens look the best I've seen this season so far. As was said Canadian greens are hit and miss and fairways are not in great shape in a lot of spots. Gatineau was a complete write off two weeks ago, can't comment on the conditions today, but was not worth half of the 65$ green fee.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan585 View Post
    Any update on course conditions at Aylmer courses: Champlain, Chateau Cartier and Gatineau?
    Gatineau greens need some time get back in shape. Another month or so with some sunshine (what am i saying) LOL and they should be back to normal.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan585 View Post
    I haven't played any of them, but I drive by Chateau Cartier a lot and I don't think the holes on the south side of the lower Aylmer Rd are open yet. They were under water during the flood.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar

Dragonfly

Dragonfly yesterday was in quite good condition. A few roped-off areas in soggy fairway portions, no cart restrictions & only one sand covered green (14).

Only Renfrew & Prescott have been this good this year.

Cheers all,

Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    I haven't played any of them, but I drive by Chateau Cartier a lot and I don't think the holes on the south side of the lower Aylmer Rd are open yet. They were under water during the flood.
    You are correct my friend. It says on the Golfxtra site that there only have 13 holes open for now

Has there been any update on Stonebridge----hard to get any factual info from them directly. I did call Equinelle. The young lady was very forthcoming. As of May 31--front 9 has been top dressed--no cart restrictions except for hole 2. The back nine is cart path only but that could change if the rain actually stops. I have no problem with an accurate report from the various courses. As I/we are playing a smaller number of games because of age, I have no problem playing the higher end courses for more money!!! But, when you are charged full pop for conditions that don't even come close to playable---that is a problem. Would not be a bit surprised to see a couple fold up shop this year. GOOD GRIEF, WHAT A YEAR.

Gap Wedge bigdraws is on a distinguished road
    eQuinelle is 100% all greens on the 8th

Lob Wedge Billythe3rd is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hey guys---get up to Renfrew 1 hr. 10 minutes from Montreal Rd and Queensway at 9:30 am. I am not going to say mid summer conditions but pretty close---a little bit of winter kill nothing to worry about. Everyone out cutting today---no wet spots to talk about. They are doing repair work on a few bunkers and tee boxes just fine and not too many flies 1 1/2 hour home, left at 3:00 --stayed in left lane all the way---piece of cake BTW---I hate 17 Simple little par 3---take 2 more clubs
    Haha ya 17 looks easy but you cant go short or you're going have a bad time. Played Renfrew 3 times and it has improved each time. Greens are rolling real nice and there are only a couple small wet spots on the whole course; very impressive.

Stonebridge says all greens open June 7th on the website but I don't know about overall conditions. They tend to be one of the most patient in the city.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Anyone played Sorcier lately, i know they had a really tough winter, just wondering if things had improved enough
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

9 Iron McLefty is on a distinguished road McLefty's Avatar
    Any recent updates on Stittsville?

Hybrid jimmyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by McLefty View Post
    Any recent updates on Stittsville?
    I am a member. The course is coming along but still showing many signs of winter kill. The greens are very difficult to play. Those that are starting to recover are slower. Those that are more damaged are unpredictable. That said, I still enjoy playing with zero temp greens. The week of 20+ coming should really help the greens get back to where they belong.

Equinelle--cart part only on back and a few temps still--hopefully sun will dry things out.

Thread Information