CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabster View Post
    From the past 4 days.

eQuinelle. Excellent shape. A few spots on a few greens still need to fill in, but no impact to game. Just great shape.

Stonebridge. Again. Excellent. Greens rolling great, good fairways. (but I think some green punching is happening now or soon)

Pineview. Firm and hard. Lots of roll. Need to move the ball around the fairways to find decent grass. Greens roll good but slow.

Sorcier. Yikes. Very dry. Lots of dead areas in fairways. Greens were rough. Everything around greens rock hard. Balls will bounce and fly off. I don't find it worth the money or drive from Ottawa.
    Agreed with Pineview. Worst condition I have ever seen on this course over year. The course was packed though and it was slow yesterday. 2 person round starting at 2pm still took 4:45h is a bit too long.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Canadian West course today and was amazed at how the greens had improved since last month. Albeit a bit slow they have filled in beautifully. a couple of greens still were bumpy but overall in great shape. Kudos to the maintenance staff at Canadian...must have taken a lot of hard work to get them back from the terrible shape they were at the beginning of the season.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Sorcier yesterday---the course is coming, albeit slowly---at least they have the common sense to adjust their prices A brutal year for golf courses.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Equinelle is just pristine !!!

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Wondering if anybody tried Timber Run lately?
    scrollerpete

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    Wondering if anybody tried Timber Run lately?
    Earlier in the thread it was not even passable---enjoyed the course in previous years but the last two leave a lot to be desired.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Has anyone played Kingsway Park this year ? Wonder about the green condition.
    Easy course with beautiful view and thinking about getting out there next week.

Thanks

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played Marshes yesterday, wet day, teed off just as it started to rain. For the most part the course held up ok drainage wise.
    They must have had a tournament either earlier in the day or the day before, I have never seen so many un-repaired ball marks on greens. A few of the par 3 tee boxes were brutalized, huge divots. On the 15th green someone had written something on the green by using the spikes on their golf shoes and to top it off some knob who had played in front of us thought it was ok to spit sunflower seeds in the tee box and worse on the friggin' greens. Not a marshall in site all day. This course has really taken a step backwards the past couple of years from a 'golf experience' perspective.

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Besides the ball marks, how were the greens at Marshes?

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Loch March yesterday in excellent condition. Probably best conditions I have played this year except for Black Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Besides the ball marks, how were the greens at Marshes?
    they were on the slow side but hard to give a decent eval of the greens since it had rained quit a bit.

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    Played Cedarhill couple of days ago. The greens have recovered and most greens are very good and rolling well now. Fairways are still a big rough on some spots but it's pretty close to normal.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    played Kingsway last week,some fairways still patchy brown,greens I would say very nice a couple were slightly patchy..overall 8/10...but for some reason each time I play there you get backed up on # 8 and then back 9 is always slower for some reason

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played LeSorcier yesterday and the course is in decent shape .
    Still a few patchy fairways and tee boxes , but greens were pretty good and it's still a fun track to play
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    played Kingsway last week,some fairways still patchy brown,greens I would say very nice a couple were slightly patchy..overall 8/10...but for some reason each time I play there you get backed up on # 8 and then back 9 is always slower for some reason
    Thanks

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    played Marshes yesterday, I have never seen so many un-repaired ball marks on greens. A few of the par 3 tee boxes were brutalized, huge divots. On the 15th green someone had written something on the green by using the spikes on their golf shoes and to top it off some knob who had played in front of us thought it was ok to spit sunflower seeds in the tee box and worse on the friggin' greens. Not a marshall in site all day. This course has really taken a step backwards the past couple of years from a 'golf experience' perspective.
    Played Marshes on the Saturday the 17th as well and commented to my playing partner about the insane number of un-repaired ball marks on pretty much every single green. And like you, I also noticed the chewed-up and spit-out sunflower seed shells on almost every tee box. They were hosting a wedding that same day so perhaps that has something to do with it, perhaps not, but regardless - certainly not what I expect at the Marshes.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    This course has really taken a step backwards the past couple of years from a 'golf experience' perspective.
    Played Marshes on the Saturday the 17th as well and commented to my playing partner about the insane number of un-repaired ball marks on pretty much every single green
    I have to agree with some of the latest comments concerning the overall decline of the "golf experience" at the Marshes. This course used to be the best of the best of high end public golf in the Nation's Capital. Everything from the first class service, the pristine imported white sand in the traps the unrivaled condition of the greens and fairways, unlimited range access, state of the art GPS system on the carts...etc. A lot has changed since then. Aside from this past brutal winter, I personally have noticed a steady decline in conditioning and service at this course over the years and by some of the comments I am not the only one. Does any one have any have any comments as to why this is? Is it the general decline of rounds played? The fact that they have dropped the price in the afternoons which makes the course more affordable but to the detriment of the conditions? I love this course but I am finding I am booking elsewhere more often because of the reasons above.

Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    I have to agree with some of the latest comments concerning the overall decline of the "golf experience" at the Marshes. This course used to be the best of the best of high end public golf in the Nation's Capital. Everything from the first class service, the pristine imported white sand in the traps the unrivaled condition of the greens and fairways, unlimited range access, state of the art GPS system on the carts...etc. A lot has changed since then. Aside from this past brutal winter, I personally have noticed a steady decline in conditioning and service at this course over the years and by some of the comments I am not the only one. Does any one have any have any comments as to why this is? Is it the general decline of rounds played? The fact that they have dropped the price in the afternoons which makes the course more affordable but to the detriment of the conditions? I love this course but I am finding I am booking elsewhere more often because of the reasons above.
    I guess only the course can provide that insight, re: why the decline.

I live 10 minutes from the course it is convenient. challenging, I like the 'all in' concept - green fee, cart , range. The past 4-5 years I have played ~50% of my rounds here. Think I am going to stray to Loch March for the rest of the year.
    One thing I have noticed , almost all of the players I have played with @ Marshes are discount program players. Not as many green fee players as there used to be so the $ intake has got to be lower than it was. Then again most of the discount programs have to buy memberships pre season.
    They are also making good bucks with weddings and kids camps. Which are constant on the weekends in July and August.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Meadows - great shape , greens rolling nice
    Oaks of Cobden - not great , course is as dry as a popcorn f@rt , they need water badly
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

played Loch March today, very nice shape tee to green, only condition issues that I saw was #12 front apron and 15 green (left side), which was were the pin was located today. Not sure why a greens keeper would place a pin on the dead part of a green? Zero bugs which was awesome compared to the last couple of times I played there this year.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Kanata Lakes was in fantastic shape, greens were super fast...

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Played Legacy at Greensmere today, excellent condition, fastest green that we played on this year.
    scrollerpete

Team Match Play Champ 2012 sebber is on a distinguished road sebber's Avatar
    For those willing to Drive, Hawkesbury Golf and Curling is in GREAT shape right now!
    Captain of the Back to Back Ryder Cup Champs 12-13!

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Kanata Lakes was in fantastic shape, greens were super fast...
    Good to hear that they have bounced back. I found conditions there last year to be subpar. Greens were not quick or true and the overall conditions were average to poor by private club standards.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    GlenMar...fairways and tee boxes were horrible. Greens rolled nice, but it would be nice if people fixed their ball marks. First time playing there in 20 years...maybe I will go back in 20 years.

Putter Don@Stitts is on a distinguished road

Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    GlenMar...fairways and tee boxes were horrible. Greens rolled nice, but it would be nice if people fixed their ball marks. First time playing there in 20 years...maybe I will go back in 20 years.
    Sorry to hear of your experience at Stittsville. After suffering through a tough winter and an unseasonably wet spring we have endeavoured to get the course back in the great shape Stittsville has become known for. Greens were reseeded twice and are now much improved. We will now be reseeding those fairways that are in need of some attention. The drought like conditions we experienced this summer have prevented reseeding earlier. It does take some time though and as I am sure you are aware we are not the only course in this position. Hopefully we can get you back and I'd be glad to give you a tour of the course and show you the work being done.

Best

Don at Stittsville Golf Course

Anyone played the Marshes lately ? How the greens now ?....Thanks

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Nation...last Saturday morning.
    Just wow!...Wow! Superb conditions.
    Why did I wait so long to go back there. With green fee rates as low as $25. It was well worth the drive from Barrhaven.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Anybody been to Cloverdale lately ? Wondering what the conditions are like after a tough winter and dry summer.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Hawksberry in fine condition. Never get tired of playing there

Thread Information