CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter HenryBraxton is on a distinguished road

Looking for a game improving 10.5 Driver.

Honestly I’ve done my research. There’s a ton. I’m not even sure which reviews to trust and there’s about 200 “top 10 drivers for high handicappers” lists. I just need real people to offer their opinions.

I’m a casual golfer but I’ve been getting into it more. I started last season about halfway through and got the bug. For Christmas I got a new iron set. Wilson Staff D-200 5-GW and I love them compared to the handmedowns I started with. I’ve been at the range 3-5 times a week working in my game and I’m feeling good besides my drive. I’m currently swinging what looks like a first gen big Bertha with a 9* loft and I’ve got a heavy draw. I feel like if I don’t hit it perfect it s me over so I’ve just been playing 5 iron off the tee. My budget is about $200 and I’m willing to go used or new.Nox VidMate Mobdro
    Last edited by HenryBraxton; 04-24-2019 at 02:41 PM.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    right or left handed

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    The last thing you need is real people’s opinions. You need to be properly fitted or you budget for a driver will go through the roof buying and trying on other people’s recommendations.

How do you know you need a 10.5 loft? Have you measured the actual loft on you currant driver ? What is the face angle ?Do you know what your swing speed is? Ball speed ?How about your angle of attack? Swing path, any idea? Where do you make contact on the face? Face open or closed at impact?

These are just a few of the fitting parameters that must be taken into consideration when getting properly fitted. If the fitter does not address these and others then you are simply being sold a golf club by someone who has no clue what they are doing.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I agree, no use in spending money on a club that is not in line with your swing, get fitted first then work on the swing. There are many errant balls that are blamed on the swing when in fact the swinger has the improper tool in his hands. Les (downhillslider) fit me for my first set and has been tweaking my newer clubs on a regular basis. It's a must or just keep throwing money away on the newest fad.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Something like a used Ping G30 would be well within your budget and a huge improvement over your current driver. In fact, just about anything worth over 50 bucks would be a huge improvement over your current driver. Golf Avenue or Global Golf both have a great online selection at pretty reasonable prices. If you have a decent idea of what shaft and loft you need they are good places to start even if you just use them to see what's out there and what the prices are like.
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Last edited by 1972Apex; 04-23-2019 at 06:31 PM.
    The opinions expressed in this post are mine and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of others on OG.

Thread Information