CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

New handicap system?

Can anyone shed some light on the 'new' hadcp system? Just read that they are going back to the 'old' system we had a few years back. Max of double boggie on all. When does it come in effect?
    Thanks

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Start here. https://golfcanada.ca/handicapping/w...g-system-faqs/

One thing to note, it's not max double. It's max NET-double, so if you would get a stroke on a hole it's max triple.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Start here. https://golfcanada.ca/handicapping/w...g-system-faqs/

One thing to note, it's not max double. It's max NET-double, so if you would get a stroke on a hole it's max triple.
    So lets say that on a hole that i get a stroke on, what would be my max to inscribe in the system. I am bit confused and appreciate all the info.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    So lets say that on a hole that i get a stroke on, what would be my max to inscribe in the system. I am bit confused and appreciate all the info.
    Thanks
    For any hole where you get a stroke the max is triple, so 6 for a par 3, 7 for a par 4, and 8 for a par 5.

For any hole where you get a stroke the max is triple, so 6 for a par 3, 7 for a par 4, and 8 for a par 5.
    Okey, now i get it. Thank you for the explanation.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Last year at our own club with the index system anyone under a certain index could only put a double for index purpose and others were able to put up to a quadruple. Really was an issue since guys who were a 10 could put a 7 on a par 3. There index always stayed high in the season and was an issue when playing for $$$$

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Thanks
    You won't have to worry about it. You will simply enter your gross score and the system software will look after the rest.

The assumption there is that you are entering hole by hole scores which not everyone does.

The assumption there is that you are entering hole by hole scores which not everyone does.
    Under the WHS, I understand they will have to.

I had not heard that before.

With all the money that is being put into new software all round the world would you really expect players to continue to do their own net double bogey calculations by hand? Incidentally, I think that N America is the only place that doesn't require it now.

Nothing surprises me when the USGA is involved.

That said, I have not read anything about hole by hole entry being a requirement.

I'm supposed to be going to an R&A/England Golf WHS workshop soon. I'll check it out.

Putter Colin L is on a distinguished road
    I'd expect, as AAA does, that it will be a requirement to record the gross score for each holes. It's certainly what the software we already use here requires. I don 't have a definitive answer as yet.

I'll be at an R&A training workshop as well and I think mine is a bit sooner (15-16 April) than the one AAA will be going to. If I don't get back with an answer soon after that, someone can PM me and jog my memory.

Putter Colin L is on a distinguished road
    Sorry you'll have to wait a bit longer for an answer. The handicap rules are still in draft form and so in case there are any final changes we've been asked to keep them confidential for the moment.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Is there any free software that allows us to enter each hole score and keeps your H/C?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hi Lefty---try the Golf Talk thing I mentioned in another post---I think they have it but not sure.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Is there any free software that allows us to enter each hole score and keeps your H/C?
    I don't know about the RoW but England and Scotland certainly do and I suspect the US and by now Canada will.

Old post, but here in Canada to get an official handicap you need to be a member of Golf Canada, typically through a club or via one of the Public Player programs.

Once you are a member the Golf Canada app allows hole by hole score entry.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Old post, but here in Canada to get an official handicap you need to be a member of Golf Canada, typically through a club or via one of the Public Player programs.

Once you are a member the Golf Canada app allows hole by hole score entry.
    I agree with you, but I think the original question was more along the lines of how you could keep an accurate (though unofficial) handicap without being a member of Golf Canada.

I know that a long time ago (under previous ownership) this site actually tried to set up such a system (yes, I'm that old!). It was not easy and eventually abandoned, and I have no issues with either the previous or current management of this site with that decision. But I'm pretty sure that there are other sites out there offer this service in some form. Having been a member of a Golf Canada course for several years, I've have not kept up-to-date on this issue, but I'm sure that with a little internet research a suitable website can be found.

I doubt is any software company can provide an exact copy of WHS. There would probably be copyright issues but most significantly no one knows how the PCC calculation works.

Incidentally, England Golf has now introduced a scheme for non golf club members.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Just my humble opinion but everyone serious about golf should consider joining Golf Canada (even as a Public Player).
    You get an OFFICIAL handicap and access to the HC software, giving you access to competition should you wish; course info; equipment and liability insurance; free workshops on the rules; lots of great discounts on car rentals, hotels etc etc; AND you are supporting junior golf and team golf in Canada.
    $60 well spent in my book
    Last edited by goochy; 04-16-2022 at 07:52 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information