CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    8 Iron Bodey is on a distinguished road
    The Equinelle website says they opened today but also that they have temporary greens in play.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Apparently 3 temps as of today.

Lob Wedge DunnyC is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DunnyC View Post
    Did anyone play Pineview yesterday? Wondering about conditions. It looks nice and green when driving by but that doesn't tell the whole story
    Played this afternoon. It's in pretty rough shape but playable at a medium amount of frustration. The thing that they really did right is charge people only $25, which some places are NOT doing. The course might not be perfect right now but good job on giving a good deal.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Hunt Club opens 9 holes (south) on Thursday. A second nine (west) opens on Saturday. No date yet for all 27 (North). Range opened last weekend and one chipping green is now in play.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Canadian was in good shape today, worth the trip.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbotti View Post
    Equinelle?

Has Anyone heard any reports on Equinelle? They are further South than in city courses....
    It may be touch and go---they take care of the course pretty well.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Greensmere is opening Premiere on Saturday. Legacy on Tuesday.

Finally, spring is here!

https://www.greensmere.com/en/
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone played Nation or Stittville yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by SecondChance View Post
    I met a fellow at the barber shop yesterday and he said it was surprisingly OK. He did say that the club is thinking of doing a major reno on the 18th green ??????

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Thanks Big Mac, the course is built largely on sand so not too surprising that it is in good shape. 18th green reno is odd since it is a nice finishing hole but were you were talking about Nation or Stittsville?
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Did anybody play the Marshes on opening day? Just wondering what shape it is in. A friend walked a few holes the other day and mentioned he noticed a lot of winter kill on the greens.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Thanks Big Mac, the course is built largely on sand so not too surprising that it is in good shape. 18th green reno is odd since it is a nice finishing hole but were you were talking about Nation or Stittsville?
    He was definitely talking the Nation.

Lob Wedge celtic28 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Did anybody play the Marshes on opening day? Just wondering what shape it is in. A friend walked a few holes the other day and mentioned he noticed a lot of winter kill on the greens.
    Played Marshes today (Sunday May 5th). Fairways were in decent shape but a bit wet. Greens were bad. 7 temporary greens and lots of winter kill but I think many courses in the area are in the same boat. Greens on 16 and 17 were decent given the context. Range, practice area and putting green were all closed. They may open next week but I would call ahead to make sure you don’t show up early for nothing.

Thanks for the update Celtic28....7 Temps...wow....I guess it will be a while until its back to normal "Marshes shape"

Played Black Bear Ridge on Saturday May 4 19. a bit of a drive from Ottawa but what a difference in conditioning. Greens still had small punch marks but it did not affect the roll in the least bit. Fairways were mid summer shape and carts were allowed on fairways at 90 degrees. Zero winter kill anywhere.

Seaway courses are at least a month ahead of Ottawa as Smugglers Glen was in about the same same last week as well. Definitely worth the extra drive to play courses that are in fantastic shape.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Just got back from Renfrew , course is in good shape , not wet at all , lots of leaves around tho , which made finding golf balls a right pain in the arsenal.
    Greens aren't bad , not a lot of winter kill , but a few patches on some of the greens , $38 with a cart is well worth the drive.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Gap Wedge Maximus67 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondChance View Post
    Played Stittsville today. The greens are completely gone. It's sad to see but pretty much all 18 greens had between 50-90% freeze-burnt grass covering the green. Putting was essentially a wash once you got your ball on the green.

The fairways were also very burnt but not too soggy except in low spots. The only holes that played unpleasantly wet were the first few on the back 9 (10-12 plus random spots on 15 and 17). Played lift-clean-replace golf, and also moving your ball on to actual grass instead of hitting off matted down dead grass which took up about 50% of every fairway.

The most frustrating part was that they charged $35 for 18 holes and $25 for 9. No deals for the garbage conditions that we played on.
    Screen Shot 2019-05-05 at 8.03.41 PM__1557101372_174.112.215.27.jpg

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Any word on Pine View conditions? I’m assuming not good given other city courses but curious.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Anderson Links - May 5th
    For the amount they charged, we were very pleased. Both my son (Junior) and I played for $27 for 18 holes.
    A few wet spots, greens were "ok". But, the price they were charging was very reasonable for the conditions.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Played Nation Saturday, fairly dry but greens have been punched and serrated with lots of greenish fertiliser on them. It will be a few weeks before they are decent but they are it and the price is right.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus67 View Post
    Played Stittsville today. The greens are completely gone. It's sad to see but pretty much all 18 greens had between 50-90% freeze-burnt grass covering the green. Putting was essentially a wash once you got your ball on the green.

The fairways were also very burnt but not too soggy except in low spots. The only holes that played unpleasantly wet were the first few on the back 9 (10-12 plus random spots on 15 and 17). Played lift-clean-replace golf, and also moving your ball on to actual grass instead of hitting off matted down dead grass which took up about 50% of every fairway.

The most frustrating part was that they charged $35 for 18 holes and $25 for 9. No deals for the garbage conditions that we played on.
    Attachment 60997

Thanks. Probably will wait for a couple more weeks

Hawkesbury is claiming their greens are in perfect condition, a worthwhile drive to say the least.
    Lefty Lucas

Putter Don@Stitts is on a distinguished road
    Hi Maximus,

Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience at Stittsville the other day. Often Spring conditions are less than ideal and this past winter was a tough one. We have been open less than a week and are now just getting mowing equipment on the course. While the greens are recovering, most our members tell us greens are putting quite well and they will only continue to improve. All courses are anxious for the warmer weather to arrive and with that conditions will steadily improve.

Also, we did charge less for golf than our posted rates. 18 holes was $30 before 1:00 and $25 after. Please bring in your receipt for the appropriate refund should have been charged another amount.

Best

Don at Stittsville

Putter jfraser is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Any word on Pine View conditions? I’m assuming not good given other city courses but curious.

I played Pine View on Saturday. The fairways were very wet and on some of them it was very hard to find a place to drop your ball and to avoid hitting out of mush. The rough was a lot drier. The greens were still showing the aeration holes, but in reasonable shape.

I am going to give it some time before going back.

Lob Wedge HackerTim is on a distinguished road HackerTim's Avatar
    Played Pakenham yesterday, the Lake course, greens in terrible shape for the most part, lots of winter kill and most fairways with extensive soggy spots.

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    The fairways were soaked at Cloverdale yesterday, a lot of plugged shots off the tee. The greens were decent & playable though.
    "Be happy, but never satisfied." – Bruce Lee

The usual suspects that do not drain well should be avoided to avoid disappointment. Hawkesbury is on my radar right now as their greens are being described as perfect, cannot wait to hear about Casselviews greens.
    Lefty Lucas

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Makes it tough to get in a round after work when everything in decent shape is 1+ hour away.

Was going to check out Manderly with the discounted price but I assume the conditions will be bad.

Anyone find anything within 'city limits' in decent enough shape to be worth it? And by decent, I'm mostly talking about fairways that aren't super soggy and greens that are at least somewhat respectable to putt on.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Buckingham greens are in really good condition all around. fairways are dry for the most part with a few wet spots.

3 Iron Gray1512 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Makes it tough to get in a round after work when everything in decent shape is 1+ hour away.

Was going to check out Manderly with the discounted price but I assume the conditions will be bad.

Anyone find anything within 'city limits' in decent enough shape to be worth it? And by decent, I'm mostly talking about fairways that aren't super soggy and greens that are at least somewhat respectable to putt on.
    The Meadows had their "worst winter" for winter kill according to the head pro, but it wasn't too wet and was perfectly playable and decent value at the spring rate. It'll take a while to get back to top condition, but I'm happy to be out playing and happy to support local courses.

Thread Information