CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Agreed. Played Monday and the conditions were horrendous.

2 temporary greens, almost every green in awful shape and 18 was basically the only hole that wasn’t completely soaked from tee to greeen. Many holes it was impossible to find a dry spot in the fairway.

$40 is a joke in those conditions and the round took nearly 5.5 hours.

Don’t play there often but I likely won’t be back.
    Just curious did you think about going into the office to complain,I would have in a nice way with the hope cedarhill would give a voucher for 18 later in the year

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Just curious did you think about going into the office to complain,I would have in a nice way with the hope cedarhill would give a voucher for 18 later in the year
    No, but I figure they know what they're doing. It's impossible to miss how terrible the conditions are yet they still charge $40.

I presume they saw no other city courses open yet and knew they could milk the market a bit (which they did by packing the course that day).

Really just tells me all I need to know about how management wants to run their business. And that's fine, they can do as they see fit, but I won't be giving them any more money.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Going to hit the links at Golf O Max this weekend , because the weather SUCKS
    #wherestheheat?
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    Renfrew Golf Club has just announced that they'll be open 1 May 2019.

Probably allowing power carts...

Played Prescott last Sunday and it was "okay"... no carts,range not open, fairways definitely on the damp side (although no plugged balls) and greens were not as well-conditioned as in previous springs.

Played Black Bear Ridge today... AWESOME conditions... power carts and not restricted to cart paths. If you haven't played this course, you owe it to yourself to do so. On a side note, greens have been punched but still, very putt-able. So nice to see some green grass on fairways, in the rough and on and around the greens. Black Bear Ridge looks as if it is 3-4 weeks ahead of anything in the Ottawa area. From the highway, its neighboring course, Trillium Woods looks plenty green as well (although TW does have some lower lying areas that are not visible on a drive by.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Played Manderley today. Course was wet but weather conditions were perfect and it was great to get out after a long winter. In a perfect world the course would have stayed closed until May to let the greens grow back as they were all punched and slow but for $30 bucks I was just happy to be swinging a stick.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Going to hit the links at Golf O Max this weekend , because the weather SUCKS
    #wherestheheat?
    what? Saturday looks like Irish summer?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Guys I think we may really be pushing it to play Ottawa for a couple of weeks---it is WAY too wet. I have a friend who has played 5 games in Barrie already--another in Newcastle 4 games. Blackbear is only 2 1/2 hrs.--make a day and enjoy. I would far rather pay and enjoy than lining the pockets of greedy course owner. I don't think we expect summer conditions in April---the definition of "playable" leaves a lot of wiggle room
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Agreed but not all can head out for an entire day to get some good golf in so since this is under local stuff then we should continue updating local conditions and hope for the best or get sick and take a day and drive to Black Bear
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Gap Wedge Kosmo is on a distinguished road Kosmo's Avatar
    We played Emerald Links, West/South courses on Apr 25...great shape. Greens had been sliced/aerated. There was some "damp" areas, #7 west was probably the worse hole, the only hole I had a ball plug in the fairway. Considering the weather we've had and are getting, it was nice to get out and play.

Lob Wedge campbellgolf is on a distinguished road

Canadian

Has anyone played Canadian yet?

Caddy paulfourputt is on a distinguished road

Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by campbellgolf View Post
    Has anyone played Canadian yet?
    Played Thursday. Very wet and lots of winter kill on greens.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfourputt View Post
    Played Thursday. Very wet and lots of winter kill on greens.
    You could copy and paste this review for almost every course in the city. You know it’s been a terribly long winter when some are referring to courses as damp or in great shape. Still a couple weeks away and that’s if the weather improves. The range opened at our course this weekend and I stopped by. Lasted about 10 minutes. Cold, windy and damp. Hopefully things turn warmer soon. Dying to play but better off waiting a couple more weeks yet

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Played Metcalfe 18-hole course today. Decent conditions for late-April. Cart-path only on holes 1-6 and 16-18 with some damp spots, but only saw casual water in play on 10 (pond overflow), 15 (left rough), 16 and 18. Bunkers were dry except the one I landed in on 16. A few greens (9 and 14 especially) were not very green, but the putts still rolled true. Will be heading out again tomorrow.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Emerald Links - April 28th
    West course - Greens had very little green grass, but fairways were playable.
    South Course - Greens were much better and fairways were very good.
    East Course - Still closed

Yes there were some wet spots, nothing too bad though and it is expected. We had a great day and I played one of my best rounds in a while.

Out of Bounds chipandput is on a distinguished road chipandput's Avatar
    Played Kingsway yesterday sunday 28th. Just one word: wet wet wet . Ball pluged and lots of lakes in fairways, as Celine Dion would say: Take a kayak!!!! lol! Bunkers .....forget about it. Greens are a mix of yellow..........and yellow Will take at least another 2 weeks to get decent conditions.
    Chip

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chipandput View Post
    Played Kingsway yesterday sunday 28th. Just one word: wet wet wet . Ball pluged and lots of lakes in fairways, as Celine Dion would say: Take a kayak!!!! lol! Bunkers .....forget about it. Greens are a mix of yellow..........and yellow Will take at least another 2 weeks to get decent conditions.
    Kingsway is never a good place to play after rainfalls. It does not drain, period.

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    After a false start on Friday, Pine View is officially open. Yes, it is wet in some spots but we have an opening week special on for $25. Hope to see you on the links soon.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine View View Post
    After a false start on Friday, Pine View is officially open. Yes, it is wet in some spots but we have an opening week special on for $25. Hope to see you on the links soon.
    Good on you for offering a special.

1 Iron BARGEGOLF is on a distinguished road BARGEGOLF's Avatar
    Some courses closer to Lake Ontario wintered better than others. This is sad news about Kawartha Golf and Country Club.

https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer....-peterborough/

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, my sister and her husband are members there, great course, the greens were always very nice and challenging, too bad but they have the correct approach to heal before they open up to play.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Sucks about Kawartha. Played it once a number of years back and thought it was a really nice course. Not sure if he’s still there but Marc Savard was a member at the time.

Lob Wedge bb119 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Played Metcalfe 18-hole course today. Decent conditions for late-April. Cart-path only on holes 1-6 and 16-18 with some damp spots, but only saw casual water in play on 10 (pond overflow), 15 (left rough), 16 and 18. Bunkers were dry except the one I landed in on 16. A few greens (9 and 14 especially) were not very green, but the putts still rolled true. Will be heading out again tomorrow.
    How was Metcalfe today? Is it worth the trip out? I can’t decide if I want to play nation or Metcalfe tomorrow. I played nation today and it was pretty decent conditions considering how the weather has been lately. It was mostly dry. Would you recommend Metcalfe after playing it the last few days?

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by bb119 View Post
    How was Metcalfe today? Is it worth the trip out? I can’t decide if I want to play nation or Metcalfe tomorrow. I played nation today and it was pretty decent conditions considering how the weather has been lately. It was mostly dry. Would you recommend Metcalfe after playing it the last few days?
    Today was definitely a good choice to go to Metcalfe. I forgot to mention that 3 has some casual water, but 10 and 15 were a little better today.

The problem is that we are supposed to get rain tonight, and then A LOT of rain tomorrow night. If we get a light rain tonight, then Metcalfe will be fine tomorrow - especially the newer holes (7 to 15). If we get a good soaking tonight, then you might want to choose Nation instead because it has sandy soil that tends absorb the water better. If we get a good soaking tomorrow AND Wednesday, then don't go to Metcalfe until the weekend.

Lob Wedge DunnyC is on a distinguished road
    Did anyone play Pineview yesterday? Wondering about conditions. It looks nice and green when driving by but that doesn't tell the whole story

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Meadows opens May 2, 2019.

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Mother Nature is not too nice for the golf course right now, does anybody knows courses that have their carts out all over the course, I phoned 4 courses so far and none had their carts out, except Prescott which is on or off depending on the rain situation.
    scrollerpete

Call Nation, it's built on sand and usually always has carts out
    Lefty Lucas

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    Mother Nature is not too nice for the golf course right now, does anybody knows courses that have their carts out all over the course, I phoned 4 courses so far and none had their carts out, except Prescott which is on or off depending on the rain situation.
    For carts on the fairways, definately call Mapleview near Perth... we used their power carts on their fairways as far back as April 14...

Mapleview had cart path only for power carts on Easter Sunday but that was after 3 days of pretty heavy rain, call and see is best
    Lefty Lucas

9 Iron bbotti is on a distinguished road
    Equinelle?

Has Anyone heard any reports on Equinelle? They are further South than in city courses....

Thread Information