100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Great News!! No Slice

I'm so happy!!!! It might be my new swing or it might be the 11.5 driver (probably a combination of both) but regardless I went to the range today and I honestly felt like it was the "TSN TURNING POINT"

This is what I did.

- Tee the ball up a little higher than usual so 1/2 the ball is over the top of the driver.
    - Stand farther away from the ball but bend more at the lower back to get closer
    - Bring my legs closer together so its about 9 inches wider than my shoulders (18' b4)
    - Try to make contact with the top of the toe isntead of the sweet spot to stop
    myself from going outside inside (but because of where I'm standing its still hitting the sweet spot)
    - have my hands way above my head at the top of the back swing rather than at the height of my neck and way behind my body..now my hands are above the head and maybe a few inches behind me...if any (need to see it on tape)
    -finally, pretend there is a ball an inch ahead of my actually ball and try to him that one square as well after I hit the first one...

How did it all start? went to glenmar with my friend who is an 8 handicap and and he gave me all these tips. I went on to shoot the worst round ever because I was trying to do everything he told me right there on the spot but when I got home I pulled out the driver and took about 100 swings in the backyard and did what he told me to and did the same thing this morning and then said... "I think I'm doing it, let me go to the range and check it out." Its such a good feeling, The worst part of my game is off the tee. I either lose about 6-7 storkes right away and when I do hit the right side of the fairway (when I'm aiming left) I lose so many yards that I'm still 2 shots away from the green on a par 4. My best scores are when I use an iron off the tee so I don't end up losing those 6-7 strokes and I'm still 2 shots away from the green but atleast its in the fairway. Im' so exceited to play tomorrow. I hope I hit the ball as well as I did today at the range!!!

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Piece of advice: You want tips? Pay for the lessons. Your friend may be a good golfer, but is he a good teacher? Normally these kinds of tips tend to pay off for one round or maybe even two, but because you're not learning from the ground up, you don't fully understand the foundations of WHY it works, and will fall back to your old habits.

At least, that's been my experience.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

"Richard"
    Hey dan, after I got my tax return I paid for 20 lessons at Golftown (I really like the CPGA pro there and the way he explains things) and wanted to get some lessons from him this week but he is on vacation. I don't understand why they would let him leave for vacation at this time? Anything before april or after september makes more sense to me

*edit* I live in toronto and lessons are to $$$ out there so I just got them out here since I'm here twice a month anyway for a weekend or something. 20 lessons should really make a huge difference and I'm not going to use them all up in one year. I'm hoping they will last a year or two

Thread Information