Long time reader first time poster here on ottawagolf and golfsimulator forum. Looking at building a simulator in my garage. Its a 2 car 22' x 26' x 12' walls. Still use it as a garage so I am going to build a bit of sub floor that i can fold up against the wall and take up minimal space. So I can go decent size for hitting area and screen. All of those details I have pretty much decided on minus some small things.

I am still deciding what simulator to use. Deciding factors are:
1. LH/RH play, probably 50/50 among friends
2. Completely against a mat sensor system for a number of reasons
3. Budget - pretty variable, rather not buy a 20k LM but if there is no other option
4. Software - I am not impartial to E6, TGC, JNPG (really like JNPG)
5. I've mostly just done research on the LM's like Skytrak, GC2, Flightscope, TM
6. Accuracy is of high importance obviously.
I am a golf geek and will be doing range work on my own and simulation is a get together with the boys type of operation.

My thoughts, I like the idea of GC2 in terms of price/accuracy and as of now, there is workarounds to get basically whatever you would like for software. Don't like the thought of moving it back and forth. Maybe some type of homemade track or alignment pins in the turf to get the GC2 in the same spot and easily. Still pondering all of this. I maybe have the room for the "lazy susan" idea.
I like the Flightscope/TM systems. If i had a LM I would definitely spend time in the summer on the range with it. TM bought PP so JNPG would be good. Am I just talking myself into saying I need a Trackman and that's the end of that haha.
Don't like that there is no putting or short chips on Flightscope. Is it a deal breaker.. probably not for me. I heard there was a beta for JNPG for Flightscope systems don't know if it still exists or where that stands. E6 is ok the local simulator runs it. The chips and putting among friends is probably not the biggest deal, except when there is money on the line then it is the biggest dea hahal. Maybe I get an Xi+ and resell it if need be. Or get a GC2 and figure out a way to play RH/LH easier. I am not sure. Or is there another system thats affordable I should consider? Keeping in mind the TM is basically out of budget unless I got one used and saved an extra year.