CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iron fitting

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road

iron fitting

Went to meet Downhillslider for the first time for a iron fitting. Great guy & a lot of knowledge about fitting. I was mostly concern about lengths, weight & swingweight for my new shafts.What would be the best fit for myself. Les gave me all the info that I should need to make my decision a bit easier.

thanks, slash

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Now, in the famous words of the wise, "...if you so choose, spread the word of the virtues of a true custom fit. Not just for him but for the other devoted fitters/clubmakers."

I should have added that the reason for not going the full iron fitting is that I bought some Miura heads that I install in different shafts. These are the iron heads that will be in my bag this year. So impossible to have someone in this area to have a full Miura fitting cart. Amen to your post MarcArt

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I have been to see Les every year to "tweak" my clubs, great guy and super knowledgeable and will not drain you of your cash like the box store or a big corporate Tech fitter. His son is a very accomplished junior golfer and show the benefits of having Les provide the best tools for his swing.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Also Les (Downhillslider) measured , hands size, floor to wrist, lie angle, hitting the center of the club, bottom of the club for lie angle, and then went to the screen to hit shots to measure all other info. For myself that was the only things that I needed to be check, since I assemble my own irons with shafts. A full true fitting was not what I ask for or needed at this time. Like I said in my previous post unless going to a Miura dealer who has the full fitting Miura carts so that I could try 10/20 shafts with some cavity back it is pointless to have a full fitting with OEM irons when going with my own Miura iron heads. Might be missing something here but I don`t think so. If I choose to give preps to Downhillslider and not others who I have never met this is also my choice. I am sure all fitters around this area are more than qualify and would encourage whoever is buying new irons to get a fitting instead of buying of the rack.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    You are not missing something at all, the clubs that come from OEMs often have such large tolerances for fitting that they are way off. You need a fitter like Les to know that your clubs will fit your swing and you. I had a set from the top OEM in irons and the specs were all over the map and Les fixed it all so that I could hit them the best of my ability which is all I can ask for
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information