CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar

Rent a Guitar for the Holidays?

Hello all, perhaps someone can help me find a guitar and amplifier for my adult daughter... She is a musician and band member coming to visit me from the West coast for the holidays, and she'd like the use of a guitar and an amp. while she is here.
    Would anyone have something available to rent, or generously loan to us over the holidays? Her two-person band has just released their first EP.
    Below is a video produced featuring her music if anyone is interested.
    She just got a grant from TELUS to fund the production of a music video.
    Many thanks for considering this... best of the season!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a_4z0a...ature=youtu.be

Hi everyone,
    After looking at the rental costs from Long & McQuade, we will be opting for a rental from them, thank you for considering this.
    Seasons greetings to all.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Sent Marcos a PM. He plays in a 3 piece band . . . also a very good guy. He might be able to help you.
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Hello Chambokl,
    In my overly imbued state last night, I thought I had replied to you, but I am glad I didn't because I can reply now with at least a slightly clearer head... after all, tis the season, and we had a great evening that stretched into the wee hours!

Thank you for your kind note about contacting the venerable Marcos; whom I have never met, but whom I have experienced in his goodness on this Forum for years... Which brings up this thought...

Independent of my daughter's need for a guitar and amp, which she'll look after in a rental, aren't we lucky to have this Forum. I have said it before, and perhaps your gesture, exemplified by the indirect involvement of the wonderful Marcos (who is ubiquitous in his great posts with information and support of others people's posts as well) are a reflection of what is year round, a certain spirit of the kindness that can be found here.

Now I realize there can be contentious comments on this Forum, and why not when one is talking about things 'golf', when so much is at stake... like what is the art of the sport, which, like the idea of love, one can't define, hence any description or opinion can bring about contentions towards our attempts at a definition, and by their very nature, such comments can be thought of subjectively... But back to the matter of my response to you...

We are lucky here, and I just want to thank everyone who does contribute in the good spirit to this Forum, and similar to my comment about this Forum some time ago, where I thanked Dan and all the moderators for their good work when the threat of the Forum's collapse was present because of some catastrophic system glitch; this time, in this one little thread about a guitar, we again find the presence that is the spirit of Ottawa Golf in its membership...

(Can you tell that I am slightly hung over and feeling melancholic for golf...)

Cheers and thank you Chambokl, cheers Marcos, cheers Dan and Geoff and Gerry, and cheers to all on this a Forum.
    Have a safe and happy holiday.
    Marcart.
    Last edited by MarcArt; 12-21-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    A very Merry Christmas to all of you and all the best in the coming year gentleman.

Thread Information