100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canada Day

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road

Canada Day

O.K I know most of you are playing in the a.m on Canada Day, I work at a golf course and it's packed in the morning, but later on it's dead. So were are all the golfer's gonna be on Canada Day?? Downtown? Cottage?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    If it's anything like the last few years, we'll be dodging lightning bolts on Parliament Hill. That's where I'll probably be.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I just hope I get my game in before the lightning forecast for noon.

Quote Originally Posted by LobWedge
    If it's anything like the last few years, we'll be dodging lightning bolts on Parliament Hill. That's where I'll probably be.
    Hasn't the last 2 years been nice on July 1st? I know for sure 2 years ago it was and I think last year it rained kinda later in the night. Well we need the rain but I'll hold off I hope

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Getting absolutely hammered with my fellow Czechs at my brothers/parents' house. There's at least 20 of us, and we're likely to head downtown once it gets a bit dark. I've been finding it more and more boring lately, likely due to being 32 with wife and kids now, but I'll at least give 'er a shot this year.

Barbecue is my favourite part of the whole thing. I'm a meat-cookin' man, so it's my time to show off a little.

This year's menu:
    Louisiana-Thai chicken wings
    Pork Tenderloin in my special Jack Daniels' marinade
    Honey and Lemongrass chicken breasts
    Mango and crushed black pepper pork ribs
    and closing it out with some pork chops flavoured with a little of each of the other sauces.

Already hungry!

Have a safe and happy Canada Day all.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Getting absolutely hammered with my fellow Czechs at my brothers/parents' house. There's at least 20 of us, and we're likely to head downtown once it gets a bit dark. I've been finding it more and more boring lately, likely due to being 32 with wife and kids now, but I'll at least give 'er a shot this year.

Barbecue is my favourite part of the whole thing. I'm a meat-cookin' man, so it's my time to show off a little.

This year's menu:
    and closing it out with some pork chops flavoured with a little of each of the other sauces.

Already hungry!

Dan
    I'm gonna show up and eat that! Damn that sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by flagolfnut
    I'm gonna show up and eat that! Damn that sounds good.
    Next year I think I'm going to organize some kind of event. I really enjoy cooking, especially meat, and am a musician, so it could be a fun party. Might do it on Labour Day though, just because people tend to leave to go downtown on Canada Day.

I'll post any details in this forum when the time comes....

Dan

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Hasn't the last 2 years been nice on July 1st? I know for sure 2 years ago it was and I think last year it rained kinda later in the night. Well we need the rain but I'll hold off I hope
    Last year there was a wicked storm cell that blew through downtown at about 5pm. Lightning and monsoon type rains fell for about a 1/2 hour, then (only in Ottawa it seems) it got even more humid afterwards.
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Last year we got hammered with a flash storm, about the time the Czechs gave up the Silver Goal to the damn Greeks in Euro 2004.

Dan

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Canada Day

Teeing it up at 7AM on Canada Day. Then come home, have a nap and go to a party for the evening. Can't get juiced as I have a 7:30AM Saturday tee time
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    "Barbecue is my favourite part of the whole thing. I'm a meat-cookin' man, so it's my time to show off a little.

This year's menu:

Already hungry!

Have a safe and happy Canada Day all."

PUT THOSE LEFTOVERS IN THE FRIDGE FOR US FOR SUNDAY MORNING...YUMMY...

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar

This year's menu:

Already hungry!

Dan

How would Louisiana-Thai chicken wings prepared?

Hope this doesn't sound like an Italian person asking how would one prepare Hawaiian pizza

We had to moved our BBQ party into the garage with that 30 minutes thunder storm!!!
    Cheers..

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Dan
    Could you post a recipe for this? Sounds great!

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Im with you Dan about the whole down town exploring thing, after a while, when older, its a drag. Try dragging the whole family to BBQ in the park, like at Vincent Massey, and organize some sort of fun game that everyone can play (croquet, sounds boring but if you add crazy rules, its fun; frisbee golf; baseball, etc.)...its actually a fun way to spend canada day.

This year we did that, and I got an early round of golf in. Perfect. Even the rain didn't bother us (it was a good show from the cars).

Thread Information