CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

Yupiteru Golf Swing Trainer - A Mini Trackman

Just been testing the Yupiteru golf swing trainer. I give it 2 thumbs up . It is truly a mini Trackman for the golf enthusiast and for those wanting to calibrate and tweak their sim. I have both the Yupiteru swing trainer as well as the Golf swing radar. For mini swing radars here are the options

1. Yupiteru Atlas http://translate.googleusercontent.c...TcP15XkCyKMdgg

2. PRGR Red Eyes http://www.tourspecgolf.com/product_...oducts_id=3457

3. Golf Swing Radar http://www.sportssensors.com/golf-swing-speed-radar/

4. Ernest Sports http://ernestsports.com/

There may be more and if so let me know.
    The most expensive is the Ernest Sports at $250. The Swing radar is about $100. The PRGR is roughly $180 and the the Atlas Yupiteru is roughly $150.

The Ernest measures ball speed and estimates distance. The Radar measures club speed and tempo (it can measure ball speedbut not both club and ball speed at same time- and no distance estimation). The PRGR Red eyes measure club and ball speed and calculates smash (actually represents smash as a percentage - so 100% is a smash of 1.5 and so on). It also estimates distance. the Yupiteru measures club and ball speed and gives smash as its true percentage 1.5 etc. It aslo estimates distance.

So here it is.

The Yupiteru worksout of the box. Uses 4 AA batteries. It is placed 3 to 4 feet behind the golfer. It measures all clubs. It measures club speed and immediate ball speed. From there it calculates the smash factor and will estimate distance. It can be used indoors and outdoors as it only needs a short ball flight distance. There are several different models GST4, GST 3GN, GST 3 A and GST 3B. The GST 3GN doubles as a course GPS unit and is more expensive. Not needed in my mind. The GST 4 is the latest update that has a few cool features such as headphone to tell the numbers you see, screen display that is brighter and micro sd data saving option that can be taken to a desktop program. The GST 3A is the advanced model from previous version that has the microsd card for desktop program display. The GST3B is the basic model. I have the GST 3 A.

I went with this Jupiteru over the PRGR because of the reviews in Japan favoured the yupiteru. The Yupiteri is as accurate. It has all the numbers displaed in an easy to see screen whereas the PRGR Red eyes you need to pick up the unit to display between club and ball speed. As well the numbers are displayed in the direction you are hitting whereas the PRGR they are the opposite way. No biggie but nice to just stay in your same stance, look over and see the numbers as opposed to seeing the numbers upside down. The downside for both are the instructions are in Japanese. Google translate helps and I have been able to get it that way. The other downside of the Yupiteru is that the display is in m/s however the yardage is in yards. Again no biggie but I am used to mph. Multiply by 2.2 and viola!! I do have a email into the company to see if we can change this.

CIMG0135.jpgCIMG0136.jpgCIMG0137.jpg

So in summary, I would recommend this unit over the others. Its cost is decent and accuracy much better. Downside is the display in m/s but no biggie. It also is only sold in Japan but one can get it from Ratuken http://global.rakuten.com/en/ (kinda like Japans Ebay) or from Japan http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/ I purchased the unit for 8000 yen and the base for 3000 Yen. Also it DOESN'T measure ball launch, azumuth or spin but who knows in the future.
    Last edited by bubba22; 03-10-2013 at 11:50 PM.

Hall of Fame ZMax is on a distinguished road
    Awesome review bubba22.

Ace wbealsd is on a distinguished road
    Thanks bubba22, terrific review!

No problem. Will add more once the I am able to take it to the range. Anyone planning on getting one pm me or ask here as I have some tricks on searching for it in Japan. I feel like I have learned the language quite well with all my searching.

This unit is nice! Highly recommended and truly a poor man's Trackman.

Anybody know Japanese and can translate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...VItWHVjVA&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esKQcem6ffM

She's has a great swing!

Lob Wedge sliceanddice is on a distinguished road
    Any updates on this or similar devices?

Had a chance to test on the range last few days. Awesome!!! Unit measures club speed and ball speed accurately. Great feedback. Smash factor is nice a well. Distance measurement seemed accurate to the flags I was hitting. I would recommend for sure!!

Lob Wedge gprince66 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks for the recommendation, very cool poor man's trackman. I seem to get no ball data when I flush a shot. I have unit 3.5' behind ball, do I need to adjust angle of unit with different clubs or do you keep angle constant?

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    Bubba..you had emailed the company to ask if the measurement can be adjusted to mph. Will you update us if you did or do hear back on this...so no fancy math is needed Thanks for the review!

Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road
    Interesting, there's one on ebay right now for even less...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/YUPITERU-Atla...item2c6e0fa8e1

Yes you need to angle it to pick up the ball. I bought the base attachment as well that allow one to angle it for the clubs. I keep the same angle for all clubs and have it about 3-4 feet behind the ball directly. The company said they don't have the conversion to mph in the model I have. No biggie as I am able to convert it quickly in my head now. Decent buy on that eBay link.

Thanks Bubba, I only wish there were more pictures in the manual.

We need a Japanese interpreter for the manual as well as someone to communicate with the company. I was able to download the manual online a PDF and used an online program to convert to English. It definitely is useful.

I was watching golf channel and they have the Taylormade Tech Center that shows club speed, ball speed and carry distance for the pros shot. 111mph - 162mph - 277yds for Ted Potter Driver. Announcer said this was about average for pga tour player. I'm going to have to eat more Wheaties.

Postaholic CPA is on a distinguished road
    269 carry is the ave reported by TM. Obviously this was before RBZ so add 10% lol.

Another thumbs up for the Atlas. Its very cool to get both ball speed and club speed at the same time along with smash factor. It shows my SS at 107 with ball speed of 150 mph. Smash factor of 1.40. I need to do a better job of finding the sweet spot of my RBZ.

5 Iron mcook is on a distinguished road
    Nice...thanks for the added review Zmax! I may have to get one of these at some point...reinforce my ProTee numbers and to be able to use outside.

No problem. Check out the Ebay link above. Great deal at that price.

I agree Z. I had it out today and it's great. Shot a 74 today and could have easily been even par. Used the Atlas on the range just before playing. I like the smash factor a well. Recommend it!!!

Great round bubba22. The short game is holding me back at the moment. Just haven't had time to practice it outside.

Pitching Wedge thenootz is on a distinguished road
    Guys, at your recommendation, I've decided and ordered this gadget from the ebay link.
    Could you give directions to some translated instructions, or tell me some usage tips?
    I know you both are protee owners so, I suppose you have tested this Atlas radar against the protee...how do you find it in terms of accuracy compared to it?
    Last edited by thenootz; 05-07-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Just 4 button. The button below the power is the mode button. Cycle thru until the black circle is at the bottom right.

Its consistent but seems to read 2-3 mph faster than Protee or GC2.

Pitching Wedge thenootz is on a distinguished road
    Thanks Z!

Anyone worked out the difference between gst3 and gst4 besides the ability to stick a metronome in your ear?

Do they display metric numbers?

Does the 3 have a swing history?

I just found a translated Japanese thread where many were complaining the ball speed is measured but club calculated or a bad measurement. Has anyone found this?

You have a link CPA? There might be a mode where you set the smash factor to a desired number and it will calculate SS or BS. Which I could read Japanese.

I am on my cell phone Z so cannot work out what this link is about ;

http://en.read2log.net/t/engawa/golf/1324511858/

The translations from JP to English all seem a bit grough.

I tried to read through that mumble jumbo but keep getting distracted by all those cool ads on the right...

I'll have to do some more testing. I do remember getting a few strange readings but that seems to happen with just about every device.

I have not found that a all CPA. I agree there is the odd off reading. Pay attention to th smash factor guys. It's invaluable. You can change the coefficient depending on the range balls to change the distance but I take the distance with a grain of salt. I lik the club, ball speed and smash factor. Thenootz I was able to get the Instructions downloaded as a PDF and convert it to English. Pm me your email and I can try to send you the PDF. You have that right Z?

Yes, I do. I will look for it.

Thread Information