CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar

Czechs mop up in CHL Import Draft

Well, we must be producing some good yonug hockey players in my homeland... The CHL held their import draft, and 4 of the top 5 players were Czech! 6 of the top 10!!! Could have been better, but our phenom (Czech Crosby) Micheal Frolik dropped to 38th because he isn't likely to leave the Czech Extraliga where he has been playing pro hockey since age 15 or 16.

Ottawa could have had Frolik, which would have been awesome, but Jakub Vojta is an excellent defenceman with great offensive upside.

Some damn Swede was picked at #2, ruining our perfect top 5.

Cheers,
    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=broken27]Well, we must be producing some good yonug hockey players in my homeland... The CHL held their import draft, and 4 of the top 5 players were Czech! 6 of the top 10!!! Could have been better, but our phenom (Czech Crosby) Micheal Frolik dropped to 38th because he isn't likely to leave the Czech Extraliga where he has been playing pro hockey since age 15 or 16.

Ottawa could have had Frolik, which would have been awesome, but Jakub Vojta is an excellent defenceman with great offensive upside.

Some damn Swede was picked at #2, ruining our perfect top 5.

Cheers,
    Dan[/QU Where do they place in the NHL draft?

Depends on the source. Since there obviously wasn't an NHL draft yet, we'll see if there is one. Vojta should go top 10, despite Bob MacKenzie's mock-draft.

I'll be doing my own mock draft (first round only), using only the regular season standings from the last NHL season. Full prospect analysis, team needs assessments etc. Should be posted on my site (in sig) by Friday of next week.

Frolik is projected as the top pick in the 2006 draft, assuming this year doesn't get bumped back.

Cheers
    Dan

Caddy powerlefty is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by broken27
    Depends on the source. Since there obviously wasn't an NHL draft yet, we'll see if there is one. Vojta should go top 10, despite Bob MacKenzie's mock-draft.

I'll be doing my own mock draft (first round only), using only the regular season standings from the last NHL season. Full prospect analysis, team needs assessments etc. Should be posted on my site (in sig) by Friday of next week.

Frolik is projected as the top pick in the 2006 draft, assuming this year doesn't get bumped back.

Cheers
    Dan
    I thought it was considered a toss up between him and American Andrew Kessel (?) as the consensus #1 next year and most of what I had read was touting Kessel as #1. Still a full season away of course and that could change.

Quote Originally Posted by powerlefty
    I thought it was considered a toss up between him and American Andrew Kessel (?) as the consensus #1 next year and most of what I had read was touting Kessel as #1. Still a full season away of course and that could change.
    Phil Kessel could go #1 as well, but I'm putting my money on Frolik. "Consensus" means nothing in scouting for a draft that is/was two years away. I'm looking at ISS, CSS and other scouting reports I get. They are both tremendous players. Frolik has been playing pro since age 15 or 16 though, which I believe will give him an edge over anyone in his draft class.

Cheers,
    Dan

Thread Information