CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter bijou is on a distinguished road

Question about booking online

Just wondering if anyone could shed any light for me - when you book online through golf now or directly through the course website and it only offers 1 or 2 golfers, I assume that means you will be added alongside someone else who already has that tee time booked (a twoball with two spare spaces for example)? If that's the case, how do people generally react if someone else comes along expecting to play alongside them at that time? Would it be extremely awkward or is that quite common over here? Coming form the UK I've never experienced it happening! I ask as I'm generally playing alone as I haven't really found any golf buddies yet here.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    It's very common here. At public courses, they want to fill as many spots as they can. Unless a twosome is paying for all four spots, you're likely to be playing with a couple of strangers. Especially at peak times. It's a great way to meet people though, and especially if you don't want to play as a single.

Thanks for the response, so you're unlikely to receive the cold shoulder if you turn up to play alongside strangers? It wouldn't be entirely unexpected for them?

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Absolutely not. I played this morning with a friend, we got paired up with another twosome, and it was great.

Sand Wedge Sudden_Death is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Absolutely not. I played this morning with a friend, we got paired up with another twosome, and it was great.
    I can't think of one bad experience while being paired with strangers. Everyone has been incredibly nice...and tolerant of my awful play. On the plus side, nobody plays bad golf faster than I do.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    In my 15 years of playing golf--only once have I had a bad experience with somebody joining us. Once out of 1000 plus rounds is pretty good in my book We Ottawa golfers are a different breed But, I think that can be said for any golfer
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    It is, as others have said, very common here and totally fine. If you book as a twosome you should expect another twosome or single will be joining you. The people you will get paired with, are random but we all love golf, so we have something in common straight away. I have met some awesome playing partners this way.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Thanks everyone. We played with two members at Cedarhill on Saturday and it was very enjoyable. You've given me the confidence to do it more often!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    In my 15 years of playing golf--only once have I had a bad experience with somebody joining us. Once out of 1000 plus rounds is pretty good in my book We Ottawa golfers are a different breed But, I think that can be said for any golfer
    I wasnt that nasty was i buddy.LOL. Seriously, Ottawa Valley people are great to play with, no issues for me neither.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Marcos, you and I must play someday soon. Perhaps your wife and Bijou can join us
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I wasnt that nasty was i buddy.LOL. Seriously, Ottawa Valley people are great to play with, no issues for me neither.
    Hey Marc---2 games we had 13 years ago---where does the time go ? I remember one at Ville Moulin and one at Emerald links with Bruce and the computer repair fellow. Yes my memory is also shorter We just have got to get out--playing golf on the forum is not that much fun Geeze---remember the days when we would all arrange a game---you never knew who would show up: and the yearly end of season "Forum Fun Days"
    By the way---has anyone seen Richard lately ?
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Hey Marc---2 games we had 13 years ago---where does the time go ? I remember one at Ville Moulin and one at Emerald links with Bruce and the computer repair fellow. Yes my memory is also shorter We just have got to get out--playing golf on the forum is not that much fun Geeze---remember the days when we would all arrange a game---you never knew who would show up: and the yearly end of season "Forum Fun Days"
    By the way---has anyone seen Richard lately ?
    I hear ya. Had some fun games with members on the forum.

Thread Information