Hello everyone.
I got fitted for a new set of irons today, and it went very well. It was fascinating... I am certainly not uninformed about golf and its components, but there were things I had no idea about (though many of you would).
Things like MOI adjustments are being made, swing weight adjustments, swing speed readings were taken, height of my hands in relation to the ground, there was a small device on the end of a shaft (no club head) that moves a little weight adjustment (I have no idea what that one was for, but it was neat that Tiger's swing would produce one reading on it, and John Daly's would be at the other end of the spectrum.... difficult to comprehend), grip thickness adjustments, loft & lie adjustments, FLO (Flat Line Oscillation) adjustments, and so on...
All this to produce a perfectly set up and balanced set of clubs. And if there is anything I don't like about them after, the craftsman who fit me guarantees his work completely.
I would certainly recommend Al Bezanson, of Al's Clubhouse, in addition to being a gentlemen 'par' excellence, Al is an accredited Professional Clubmaker.
Cheers.
P.S. I get the new irons tomorrow... I will let you know what they are, and how they perform as the long weekend of golf progresses.