CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar

I Was Fitted Today!

Hello everyone.
    I got fitted for a new set of irons today, and it went very well. It was fascinating... I am certainly not uninformed about golf and its components, but there were things I had no idea about (though many of you would).
    Things like MOI adjustments are being made, swing weight adjustments, swing speed readings were taken, height of my hands in relation to the ground, there was a small device on the end of a shaft (no club head) that moves a little weight adjustment (I have no idea what that one was for, but it was neat that Tiger's swing would produce one reading on it, and John Daly's would be at the other end of the spectrum.... difficult to comprehend), grip thickness adjustments, loft & lie adjustments, FLO (Flat Line Oscillation) adjustments, and so on...
    All this to produce a perfectly set up and balanced set of clubs. And if there is anything I don't like about them after, the craftsman who fit me guarantees his work completely.
    I would certainly recommend Al Bezanson, of Al's Clubhouse, in addition to being a gentlemen 'par' excellence, Al is an accredited Professional Clubmaker.
    Cheers.
    P.S. I get the new irons tomorrow... I will let you know what they are, and how they perform as the long weekend of golf progresses.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Congrats. More players should look into this.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Sounds like Al did a thorough job with you.One of the things that Al and I have in common is the fact that the fitting took place outdoors which is really important.

There are very few of us around here who have the proper accreditation to perform a true fitting and the fact that he educated you at the same time is part of the fitting process.

Now, if you so choose, spread the word of the virtues of a true custom fit. Not just for him but for the other devoted fitters/clubmakers.

Al, like myself is very passionate about what he does and that is the reason why we do this.

We have been around for 20+ years and know a thing or two about the process.
    Last edited by downhillslider; 09-01-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    Now it is up to you to be a disciple and spread the word of the virtues of a true custom fit. Not just for him but for the other devoted fitters/clubmakers.
    Sorry, but I think I have already being quite apostolic with my comments about Al Bezanson. And, I couldn't provide any further insight into the virtues of other Professionals because I have only had this one experience.

I have the irons now and they are truly a thing to behold; as mentioned, I will provide some further impressions after my weekend of play. Thanks Marcos... I do feel quite privileged to have had clubs made for me.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcArt View Post
    Sorry, but I think I have already being quite apostolic with my comments about Al Bezanson. And, I couldn't provide any further insight into the virtues of other Professionals because I have only had this one experience.

I have the irons now and they are truly a thing to behold; as mentioned, I will provide some further impressions after my weekend of play. Thanks Marcos... I do feel quite privileged to have had clubs made for me.
    It sounds as though I have offended you somehow. I apologize if that is the case

I have edited my first post. I hope it does not come across in the same manner.

Thanks for the apology downhillslider. When I decided to start this thread, my intention was already to share this worthwhile experience. In choosing to create this thread, the word gets spread... for the benefit of Clubmakers and players alike.

I had my first full round with my new irons today; they are Alpha V2-MBs (Muscle Backs).

https://www.alphagolfclubs.com/products/v2-mb-iron

They are a form-forged 304 stainless steel iron, with a chrome-plated satin finish, the tactile aesthetic is that of a simply designed iron, nothing superfluous, made for a single purpose. They are soft, quite forgiving and they cut through the turf quite well. I got the 4 to PW MBs, and a 56 degree Alpha PF-2C cast 304 SS wedge. The shafts are Swing Science 880 Series, with Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G Standard Black Grips.

Last night on the range when I first hit the irons I was a little fearful that I couldn't get anywhere near the distance, nor the feeling of a solid impact that I had with my old cavity back to irons. Today when Muddler and I played at Kanata Lakes (as an aside, Muddler had an impressive 10/14 FIR - well done mon ami), I was able to get good height in hitting these irons, and easily hit through the turf in producing very straight shots. I had enjoyed working the ball with my old irons, and I can already see that over time I will be able to work these irons even more, and that impression was felt having played just one round with them.

The great benefits of the fitting process, and any technical subtleties I am not capable of speaking about, was certainly felt! And the feeling in hitting these was of effortless possibility, the irons react to my swing, perhaps that is the essence of what is made in this most exciting adventure of my golf life. I can see from these very early results that there will be a new part of the game that will be opening up for me. I am about to enter it with the tools required to control my shots in the way I have always thought I could; but now, it won't be the club helping me, it will be me helping the club... I will add a little more after the long weekend. Play well everyone, and if you haven't already, please get fit!
    Last edited by MarcArt; 11-06-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Thread Information