CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road

WTB: a set of Cleveland Launcher HB irons or Hibore XLi

Curious to try out a set of Cleveland Launcher HB irons or the older Hibore XLi irons. Also interested in a Hibore XL/XLS driver and/or 3w.

LauncherHBirons.jpgClevelandLauncherHBirons.jpghibore-xli-irons.jpgcleveland_hibore_xl_driver_address.jpg

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    PM sent

Ain't nobody got some Hibore irons they can set me up with? There's a sweet, mint set of them on Kijiji for ~$130 but they're Lefties....

Driver Muddler is on a distinguished road
    Someone is selling a right-handed set on Kijiji for $115.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
    Someone is selling a right-handed set on Kijiji for $115.
    Thanks. I've been in touch with that fellow and it's the older hibores (not XLi) and the paint is quite chipped on the crowns which is always the issue with the hibores, like the earlier TM white putters that look like hell after a while.

Still a great deal though...
    Last edited by SnazzyD; 09-01-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    Thanks. I've been in touch with that fellow and it's the older hibores (not XLi) and the paint is quite chipped on the crowns which is always the issue wuth the hibores, like the earlier TM white putters that look like hell after a while.

Still a great deal though...
    I had XLIs and the paint was chipped to hell and honestly I never noticed when playing. With the unpainted topline, the ppainted backs are just kind of negative space that never really entered my awareness.

It sounds dumb, but it's the aesthetic of the hibores that I particularly like. I was after a set of PRGR Egg irons for a while and then realized the design was very similar (especially in their longer clubs) to the Cleveland hibores. Hence the renewed interest in them. I also used to have the CB3 irons which came out after the XLi line (even had headcovers for each club!) but stupidly sold them off to go to a better player's iron.

Then I noticed I have tons of tech in my driver(s) to help keep it straight and long....I have a goofy assortment of putters with every non-cheating angle known to golf engineered into them, and I've been playing with Cleveland niblicks/smart sole wedges for the past few years. So why play irons that break that pattern?

Anyway, I'm hoping to find a set of relatively mint XLi or later irons similar to the gorgeous set for lefties on Kijiji - doesn't look like the owner even LOOKED at them (which can cause scratches to the paint with these hibores, btw). I may also pick up some Hibore specific touch-up paint but the tiny bottles they sell won't go far given all the surface area to cover with these..."beauties"

Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    It sounds dumb, but it's the aesthetic of the hibores that I particularly like. I was after a set of PRGR Egg irons for a while and then realized the design was very similar (especially in their longer clubs) to the Cleveland hibores. Hence the renewed interest in them. I also used to have the CB3 irons which came out after the XLi line (even had headcovers for each club!) but stupidly sold them off to go to a better player's iron.

Then I noticed I have tons of tech in my driver(s) to help keep it straight and long....I have a goofy assortment of putters with every non-cheating angle known to golf engineered into them, and I've been playing with Cleveland niblicks/smart sole wedges for the past few years. So why play irons that break that pattern?

Anyway, I'm hoping to find a set of relatively mint XLi or later irons similar to the gorgeous set for lefties on Kijiji - doesn't look like the owner even LOOKED at them (which can cause scratches to the paint with these hibores, btw). I may also pick up some Hibore specific touch-up paint but the tiny bottles they sell won't go far given all the surface area to cover with these..."beauties"
    I hear ya. The XLIs came with headcovers too, which I never used. It’s a very forgiving shape. Mizuno made some JPX Fli His in the shape one year, the 2011s, but they only went up to 6 or 7, not a full set.

The Tour Edge Bazooka is the same.

Last call before I shutter my garage Pro Shop....anyone have the Launcher HB irons or a minty set of XLi irons? I'd be interested in buying or perhaps trade (+/- cash) for my Ping set with Aerotech Steelfiber shafts or my Adams XTD forged......perhaps even my square groove BeCu Ping Eye2 irons!

"The snow is almost gone" bump

Shagging Balls dmartin is on a distinguished road
    dreamer !!

Thread Information