CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loch March

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Loch March

Has anyone any information on course conditions. I did here it was on a downswing---have not played there in a couple of years.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Has anyone any information on course conditions. I did here it was on a downswing---have not played there in a couple of years.
    I think this could be said of many local golf courses. Minimum wage has impacted the number of staff on the payroll to tend to the courses. Costs have gone up while revenues may be stagnant. Problem is it's a bad cycle. Course isn't as good therefore people don't want to pay as much or take their business elsewhere. As the revenues fall so does the capital available to maintain and/or improve the course.

Caddy paulfourputt is on a distinguished road
    Played Loch March several times this year including last Sunday. Course is in great shape. Greens are among the purest I have played. In my opinion absolutely not on the “downswing”.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I was also scratching my head on this one, but I don't usually comment on conditions as some may think I am biased to clients.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Played Gatineau last Thursday. Mint condition for a Muni
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Played LM three times this year. Course was in decent shape each time...no complaints whatsoever.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Great. Going there Sunday and looking forward to it especially the greens as I have been playing very fast and tough greens lately .
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Take your bug spray--unbelievable. Greens are in good shape but the course is soaking wet. That is mother nature but there may be a major drainage problem ?????????? Yep---I know it rained but this is more than rain. JFYI Lots of turkeys tho.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Take your bug spray--unbelievable. Greens are in good shape but the course is soaking wet. That is mother nature but there may be a major drainage problem ?????????? Yep---I know it rained but this is more than rain. JFYI Lots of turkeys tho.
    I am going on Sunday so hopefully it will dry out a bit over the next couple of days
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Just played Loch March today and have to say that the mosquitos are unbearable. Anyone playing this weekend, and it doesn't matter what time you tee off, be prepared with lots of bug spray. Worst holes are #5,7, 9,12,14,16,18 tees and most of the greens close to the treeline.

It really made the round unenjoyable. As for conditions, it was a bit soft...but should be okay by the weekend. Greens were not up to the usual Loch March standard...a bit on the slow side, too many unrepaired ball marks but that may have had to do with all the rain we have had. Fairways were fine..but do not expect any roll on your drives.

I have always enjoyed playing the Loch over the years, but the enthusiasm that I always had when I knew we were to play the Loch has diminished....just can't put my finger on as to why that is.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    sorry to hear this, I played LM in June and there were no bugs at that time because they had dropped in a load of dragon fly's. Guess they have died off or moved on.

I played yesterday and I put on some spray and they never bothered me in the sun so the game was great, the course was in great shape. I have to agree that the mosquitoes were ravenous but only if you stepped into their areas in the shade but if you did there were 100s on you in a flash. IN the sun, no problem
    Lefty Lucas

Bogie E Smith is on a distinguished road
    Played yesterday evening had to quit after 16 holes mosquitoes were unbearable even with bug spray, never seen them as bad, course was in good condition though, very few people on the course

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Played yesterday and course is in Great Shape.

Mosquitoes were painful and had great timing, biting my eyeball during one swing and inside eardrum on another. I guess their Dragon Fly program is over.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    just got this:

here are plenty of great reasons to come out and play Loch March Golf Course, but here’s one more!

Join us Friday morning, August 24th for a 7:30 am shotgun:

Enjoy 18 holes of golf, cart included for $45!

Mosquitoes are bad everywhere right now. Lots of rain the past few weeks hasn't helped.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Jeff that is a great deal for Loch March.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Played Friday morning in the 7.30 shotgun for $45.
    Great idea! Got round in 3hrs even, no one immediately in front or behind us. Course was in excellent shape and bugs were minimal.
    I thought it was a great idea to get people out and have the courses clear for noon for a tournament. Well played LM

Sand Wedge OttawaP is on a distinguished road
    Played a couple weeks ago...the mosquitos are brutal. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. My home backs onto NCC land with plenty of low lying swampy areas not too far away. It should be brutal compared to LM but it's fine for the most part. LM is obviously not spraying and has stopped the dragon fly program it used to have.
    If I had to guess, I'd say the new operators are just milking the course dry before the lease is up. I have a couple Costco gift certificates still and I feel I wasted my money on them.

Quote Originally Posted by OttawaP View Post
    Played a couple weeks ago...the mosquitos are brutal. It's like nothing I've ever seen before. My home backs onto NCC land with plenty of low lying swampy areas not too far away. It should be brutal compared to LM but it's fine for the most part. LM is obviously not spraying and has stopped the dragon fly program it used to have.
    If I had to guess, I'd say the new operators are just milking the course dry before the lease is up. I have a couple Costco gift certificates still and I feel I wasted my money on them.
    Man that is a lot of assumptions on your part, the course and maintenance does not support your claim of milking.
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information