I've been golfing since the late 90s. Decent club head speed. Became pleased with my game over the years putting, wedges, driver, and hybrids, but irons were a disaster even if swung with high end Titlist irons that I might rent on a golf holiday. I just got fed up and left all my irons out of my bag except a 7 for bump and run, and thought to myself, if only irons were made with a higher MOI like hybrids, maybe I could hit them.

Back in 2015 I found online a brand made in the US that had done that as I couldn't find anything in Golf Town in Ottawa at the time. The brand is PineMeadow and the irons are called Pre Progressive hybrids. This year in Golf Town I see Cleveland (close to a knockoff of PineMeadow) and Titlist also making a close approximation. The nice thing about Pinemeadow is the price and customization as you are ordering from their factory. The not so nice thing is they don't make this set of irons for lefties. You would be forced to go to Cleveland or Titlist and I'm assuming here they make their hybrid irons for lefties.

Anyhow I'm just sharing my joy of finding the transformation that hybrid irons have given to my game regardless of brand. If you have questions you can contact me or read my reviews on their website (think I did two for this product line).

Q1 - Anyone else that couldn't hit irons solve it with hybrid irons and if so what brand and model did you use?

Q2 - Anyone else discover PineMeadow Pre Progressive hybrid irons and what was your experience?

I marvel at people that can hit regular irons, so clearly I have some defects in my swing. But now I can compete with those same individuals and have confidence in all my irons. Hope this post helps someone else that finds regular irons frustrating and is why I've taken the time to do this post, plus I'm curious to see the responses if others found something similar happened to their game with hybrid irons.