CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar

Summer Conditions

I played Le Sorcier yesterday, the course was in good shape. The greens are slow...which is to bad...could be so much better with faster greens...

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Anybody played Champlain this summer?

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sab View Post
    Anybody played Champlain this summer?
    Played there recently. The greens are rolling very well ...lots of ball marks though. 10th has winter kill near the front part of the green.

Fairway is in good shape and dry for most part except for a couple of spots
    Overall I think it's very playable.

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar

Champlain

Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Played there recently. The greens are rolling very well ...lots of ball marks though. 10th has winter kill near the front part of the green.

Fairway is in good shape and dry for most part except for a couple of spots
    Overall I think it's very playable.
    Thanks for the info.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Played Mountain Creek on the weekend... it was in its usually tip top shape. Nice to see how green it was AND how full the ponds were - I made sure to visit one on 13. :-/

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Upper Canada today was in great shape even with all this heat. Greens rolling a bit slower but thats okey. Kudos to all the staff there who always make us feel special.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Played Buckingham for the first time, nice little track , and was in great shape.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Played Buckingham for the first time, nice little track , and was in great shape.
    Yes it is. Having a good greenskeeper has helped a lot. Glad you enjoyed it buddy.

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    Played a scramble at Stonebridge yesterday. It's in fantastic shape, as expected!
    "Be happy, but never satisfied." – Bruce Lee

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Vieux Moulins anyone?

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    played Marshes yesterday , overall nice shape , greens are top notch, fairways overall very good, rough is nasty and thick, tee boxes need help, especially back 9 where crab grass is taking over.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Northern 33, stay away from LVM, the conditions were terrible when we went in June and there seems to be a serious lack of maintenance and with the lack of rain it will be extremely dry.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Putter jlou is on a distinguished road
    Played Upper Canada on Saturday. Greens were absolutely fabulous. Best greens I`ve played all year, includes all the top public courses like Equinelle, Loch March, Marshes, and ClubLink Greyhawk and Eagle Creek. It is absolutely worth the drive. Also had the fewest ball marks we had to fix which is always an issue at Marshes and Equinelle. Can`t understand how idiots can`t fix their ball marks on such beautiful greens.... but that's for another thread. Aside: We now stop off on the way back to Ottawa on Highway 31 for a F'Real Shake at "Sherry`s". Great baked goods and sandwiches too. I am not affiliated in any way with Sherry's - just a big guy who knows good food!!. We now play the last par 3 as the Milk Shake Hole, loser buys at Sherry's on the way home.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Love UC, great track and I will certainly try Sherrys and add the milk shake hole to my round!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Played Emerald links today and was really disappointed. Tee boxes were awful, greens were plinko like (punched at some point in the near past and never top dressed it seemed), and generally just a bit rough. I think the conditions were down noticeably.
    As an aside I love UC too...havent been there in a while though...must revisit.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Carling Lake today, a real treat, course in excellent condition.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Have to agree with Jlou....Upper Canada is in absolutely amazing shape... probably the best greens we have played on this year. Worth the drive. You will not be disappointed. As an aside.....its always nice when Jlou has to buy the milkshakes as well...for some reason they taste so much better when I don't have to pay for them.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Hunt Club is in the best shape I’ve seen in my 7 years as a member. Greens were listed as an 11.5 last week and very true. Now that the changes have had three years to mature the course is really looking good and I feel entirely deserving of its 9th best conditioned golf course in Canada placement as per score golf on their bi annual rankings. Although this is a very subjective rating (as is the 47th overall ranking) I can say that when I’ve played other high end properties the conditions are very comparable. In fact I think the condition was equal to or better than Hamilton GCC when I played it last year. The layout has improved but will never be on par with a Hamilton or have the scenic vistas of Cabot Links but it’s a great course that continues to get better every year. Aside from the bunkers which I feel are inconsistent the course is a gem.

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Kanata Lakes.
    We had a wonderful experience with the starter at Kanata Lakes today. Darryl was the chap's name.. he couldn't have been more pleasant, got us off a half hour early, and was very complimentary about our good drives...

Conditions were very good, fairways were in fine shape, and the greens are recovering well from being aerated. I find it to be a tough course, and each time I play it it grows on me... too bad all you can hit on the driving range are irons.

And, in case anyone is interested in the origins of the course, here is a link to an article about the man who is accredited with the concept of what was then called a March Ridge, Bill Teron, and whom we lost this year.

https://www.historynerd.ca/2018/07/1...nt/#more-11355
    Last edited by MarcArt; 09-02-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Hunt Club is in the best shape I’ve seen in my 7 years as a member. Greens were listed as an 11.5 last week and very true. Now that the changes have had three years to mature the course is really looking good and I feel entirely deserving of its 9th best conditioned golf course in Canada placement as per score golf on their bi annual rankings. Although this is a very subjective rating (as is the 47th overall ranking) I can say that when I’ve played other high end properties the conditions are very comparable. In fact I think the condition was equal to or better than Hamilton GCC when I played it last year. The layout has improved but will never be on par with a Hamilton or have the scenic vistas of Cabot Links but it’s a great course that continues to get better every year. Aside from the bunkers which I feel are inconsistent the course is a gem.
    I got to play Hunt Club a few weeks back for the first time ever. All I can say is wow! What an incredible course all around. I didn't see a dead patch of grass or weed anywhere. I would love to be a member there, top notch
    Last edited by Leftymoose; 09-02-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftymoose View Post
    I got to play Hunt Club a few weeks back for the first time ever. All I can say is wow! What an incredible course all around. I didn't see a dead patch of grass or weed anywhere. I would love to be a member there, too notch
    What 18 hole configuration did you get a chance to play? When I bring guests I almost always try to offer all 27 holes so they can see the whole course.

Im a fixture here Leftymoose is on a distinguished road Leftymoose's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    What 18 hole configuration did you get a chance to play? When I bring guests I almost always try to offer all 27 holes so they can see the whole course.
    I believe south and east. The 18 was the same that the LPGA played and the same 18 that was in the Score golf top 100 for 2018
    I like to call it a power fade

Quote Originally Posted by Leftymoose View Post
    I believe south and east. The 18 was the same that the LPGA played and the same 18 that was in the Score golf top 100 for 2018
    Yeah that’s it. I actually like the North better than the South 9 but all three 9’s are in great shape. Glad you enjoyed!

Played equinelle, it was in fantastic shape, Marshes was in good shape as well.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Hawkesbury was pretty wet today but still an enjoyable track to play, greens were top notch

Stonebridge was in fantastic shape today. Fairways are very lush and the greens were very good since they punched them about three weeks or so ago. rolling very smoothly.

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone been out to Renfrew recently?

I'm playing Renfrew on Saturday, I like SecondChance would enjoy a word or two from others who might have played it recently.
    Thanks in advance for your comments.
    I will provide some as well after the round.

Played Renfrew last week and found the course to be in mediocre shape.....Fairways have an overabundance of clover than grass but didn't seem to affect play....Greens were nice and full but on the slow side. The tee areas that had grass were a bit long and some had some bare patches. All in All it was just okay, but if I were to drive an hour or so I would choose upper Canada or Hawkesbury over Renfrew.

Thank you Koko, I very much appreciate the comments you have about Renfrew... and even though it would be too late to change plans, again, thank you for taking the time to mention what you experienced.
    I will add an update tomorrow after our round.

Thread Information