100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Opinions

Gap Wedge Shark_Golfer is on a distinguished road

Your Opinions

In your opinion which course do you think is the best out of : Outaoais, Rideau View, Camelot and Kanata Lakes. I'm playing intersectionals at these courses and I'd like to know more about these courses. Maybe list off a view interesting holes on each course as well. Thanks

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Shark_Golfer
    In your opinion which course do you think is the best out of : Outaoais, Rideau View, Camelot and Kanata Lakes. I'm playing intersectionals at these courses and I'd like to know more about these courses. Maybe list off a view interesting holes on each course as well. Thanks
    Outaouais and Rideau View are mature, traditional golf courses that require long, straight drives and both have large greens that when cut at 10+ on the Stimp will present a significant putting challenges. Great courses.

Kanata and Camelot are "modern" Thomas McBroom designs which means that you not only need to be good but you need an element of luck as well, that is way out of proportion. Unfortunately, the first two rounds of the City and District championship are being held on these two. Oh, well.

One question: How can you play Intersectional matches at 4 courses? These matches are played on one course only, and it's this coming Sunday, July 3rd.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST
    Kanata and Camelot are "modern" Thomas McBroom designs which means that you not only need to be good but you need an element of luck as well, that is way out of proportion.
    Oh how I'd love to play Camelot just once... I'd like to play Kanata too but I think it's at least *somewhat* accessible if one has the bucks and if Club Link is generous enough to let a green feer go out...

Gap Wedge Shark_Golfer is on a distinguished road
    BC Mist-
    Its for junior intersectionals. we play each others course. I think its top 8 players from each course as well as 4 allternates, and we all play each others course

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Rideauview is a great "old-school" style track. BC described it aptly, although I don't know that I would consider their greens large compared to the behemoths they're building on newer courses. The fairways are not in great shape this year, but the greens are fast & true. 10+ on the stimp is accurate.
    Assuming you'll be playing from the tips,the course will favour the longer hitter.
    Make as many birdies as you can on the front (i'm sure you would be doing this anyway), because the back is tougher. Holes 12, 13, & 14 are deadly.
    When playing the par-5 15th make sure you give yourself ample room to clear the creek. It runs diagonally across the fairway & can be deceiving if you haven't played the hole before.
    Good luck!

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mmason31
    Oh how I'd love to play Camelot just once... I'd like to play Kanata too but I think it's at least *somewhat* accessible if one has the bucks and if Club Link is generous enough to let a green feer go out...
    Here's how to do it:

Call Clublink's sales department and tell them you're interested in becoming a member. Ask them to demo the local courses. They'll set you up. It's too much money to spend without checking out the product, so they're quite accomodating. I've done it several times now, although I seriously do want to get a Clublink membership....

Cheers
    Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Birdie flagolfnut is on a distinguished road
    Out of the 4 I've played Kanata and RideauView, I liked Rideauview better, Kanata is nice but there's too many houses around, I really enjoyed the layout of Rideauview

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    I've played all but Rideau View. I like Camelot layout but Outaouais' age and conditioning. That last hole is a blast in a tournament with evryone watching your aproach shot at the green below.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Thread Information