CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar

Booking equinelle

Is it just me or are others finding it difficult to book mid-day tee times for EQ. I have tried for 2 weeks now and if you want a game---6:00 in the morning or 5:00 at night works Now if they ARE that busy etc it shows only one thing. The course management company is doing a great job in maintaining course and the pricing is in line for what they offer. We may need another public course of this caliber
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Driver Muddler is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    We may need another public course of this caliber
    You have a point there. There are lots of golf courses in the Ottawa area, but few as nice as Equinelle. Down in the States, nice courses are a dime a dozen. I find it a bit odd that we suffer with less here.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

Red face Nice Courses

I do not know if you guys are new to Ottawa but we do have nice courses in Ottawa(1 hour) range. Just to name a few, Loch March, Marshes, Stonebridge, Montebello, Sorcier, Outaouais, Gatineau, Emerald Links, and lots more. Last thing golf is on a downswing player wise these days so do not expect new courses to be opening up if anything courses will be closing.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    There is a league there every day I heard. That and all the retirees and others and yes, it's tough to book a time there
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    I do not know if you guys are new to Ottawa but we do have nice courses in Ottawa(1 hour) range. Just to name a few, Loch March, Marshes, Stonebridge, Montebello, Sorcier, Outaouais, Gatineau, Emerald Links, and lots more. Last thing golf is on a downswing player wise these days so do not expect new courses to be opening up if anything courses will be closing.
    With all due respect there is a dramatic drop off from equinelle to some of the courses on this list. I do agree that there is an overcrowding of the mid to low end golf courses in eastern Ontario, but there is a void in the upper end. I'd trade off 5 of the low end properties for one more high end track. With club link falling off maybe there is an opportunity to capture market share?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    With all due respect there is a dramatic drop off from equinelle to some of the courses on this list. I do agree that there is an overcrowding of the mid to low end golf courses in eastern Ontario, but there is a void in the upper end. I'd trade off 5 of the low end properties for one more high end track. With club link falling off maybe there is an opportunity to capture market share?
    I'd put SB, LM, marshes and sorcier in the same category as Equinelle. Outaouais a notch below and EL a notch below that.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I would certainly say Loch March, Stonebridge, Sorcier and Marshes are good courses but they are not Equinelle. I am a member of EG. There are also many Golf Select members out here as well. I pay 60.00 plus or minus with cart to play these courses and there is NO complaint. The walk-on is 100.00. I'm sorry, there is no way I will pay 100.00 for a round of golf. BUT---if our upper ended courses are making it at 60.00 plus or minus surely other courses should be taking notice.

I guess what I am saying is that 60.00 is not that bad a deal ---and there are a LOT of 60.00 rounds played. I personally think the 100.00 walk-on is abnormal or someone does not do his homework.

For me--Equinelle--Stonebridge-Loch March--Sorcier--Marshes--Outauoais--Emerald Links--Carleton(?) In that order. I wonder what the fall poll will show ?

In regards to Johny saying the drop off---yes I will agree---you don't go 10-9-8 It is more like 10-8 IMHO

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Is it just me or are others finding it difficult to book mid-day tee times for EQ. I have tried for 2 weeks now and if you want a game---6:00 in the morning or 5:00 at night works Now if they ARE that busy etc it shows only one thing. The course management company is doing a great job in maintaining course and the pricing is in line for what they offer. We may need another public course of this caliber
    I see lots of mid-day tee times on Monday and Tuesday.

Big Mac I had no idea that Sorcier, Stonebridge and Loch March cost 100$ these days to play. I am also a member of EG so do not pay that rate plus I walk if possible. I have not played Equinelle in two seasons but will be checking it out in the next few weeks to get a better understanding of its greatness.

Monday Qualifier Drew is on a distinguished road
    Dont think you can go wrong with any of those courses. Heard Montebello had a rough winter but not sure of the conditions at this point.
    Cut and pasted the rates for Stonebridge as thats where I play.

Mon-Thurs Fri-Sun & Holidays
    Before 1:00pm $ 60 $ 70
    1:00pm - 3:00pm $ 50 $ 60
    3:00pm – 4:30pm $ 45 $ 45
    After 4:30pm $ 40 $ 40
    9 Holes Before 3:00pm $ 45 $ 49

Sorry guys---may have forgotten to mention---that is with a cart. This ole guy is having hip problems Don't forget to add the taxes
    Regardless--if you can get on at Equinelle--do it--it is well worth it in the 60.00 range

The only thing we should be wishing for now is RAIN--I would even take 2 days of it

The only thing we should be wishing for now is RAIN--I would even take 2 days of it
    Seems like the weather gods have heard your call. Supposed to rain all night Monday.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    I agree on Sorcier for sure,one of the best also find Mont Cascades a nice well maintained track and a couple of tricky par 5s

Quote Originally Posted by Bouboude View Post
    I just think that compared to a similarly sized city in the US, we have fewer “nice” courses.

6 Iron Particle 44 is on a distinguished road
    eQuinelle has many tee times in the $96 range, so its not as great a deal as its being made out to be. I also find it to be a fairly forgiving course, which may make people like it more. I've been trying to find a time to go play as well, but I also don't like paying more than $60 myself, which means late afternoon/evening.

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    I think most courses have had to boost their green fees this past year due to min wage increases. Do not want to get into the politics side of things, it is just a reality that when the min wage increases quite dramatically on the bulk of your workforce, there are only so many areas to recoup these costs. Some of the nicer courses mentioned (eQuninelle, Sorcier and Loch March) have extensive greens/grounds keeping staff, back-house/pro shop and service staff. Only so many people will buy a $30 cheeseburger - revenue has to come from somewhere.

Red face Equinelle Update

Finally made it back after a number of years and enjoyed myself. New clubhouse is really nice and course as matured nicely. Staff was excellent and greens good shape and fast. I play from the white tees these days and I did not find the course to be that difficult. Found myself in green side bunkers a few times and sand and conditions excellent. In terms of ranking this course with the other high end ones it fits in for sure but to me it is not head and shoulders above the others and I like the layout better at some of the others.

Thread Information