CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hot day

6 Iron EagleEagle is on a distinguished road

Hot day

Thanks to the marchells at Pineview for bringing out water to the golfers today.It was a cooker.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I bet it was and yes, Pineview are great for that. It should be mandatory for all courses to supply cold water on days like this.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    I bet it was and yes, Pineview are great for that. It should be mandatory for all courses to supply cold water on days like this.
    A few years back, eQuinelle had someone driving around in a cart with a bucket full of ice water with towels in it.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleEagle View Post
    Thanks to the marchells at Pineview for bringing out water to the golfers today.It was a cooker.
    Pineview was busy today and hot ! The marshal said they closed Pineview Sunday afternoon because of the heat. We got away early today but when we finished at 11:30 it felt like I had walked 36.

On that note can anyone offer a rational explanation why there are no water containers on the golf course in Ottawa. The only reason I have been given was the death of the teenager, and subsequent lawsuit, in 2002 who drank unsanitary water at an Arizona course. I've talked to staff at courses in the states where you can still get water and they say that is not a problem any longer as the water is contained in a plastic liner and not directly handled by employees.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    The only reason I have been given was the death of the teenager, and subsequent lawsuit, in 2002 who drank unsanitary water at an Arizona course.
    That incident led to a recommendation that water coolers had to cleaned / replaced at least once a day or not used. So a lot of courses just opted to remove them. Less work, more water/drink sales.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    There was a time when you could get water at every tee. The uproar was pretty loud, but ultimately...
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    On that note can anyone offer a rational explanation why there are no water containers on the golf course in Ottawa. The only reason I have been given was the death of the teenager, and subsequent lawsuit, in 2002 who drank unsanitary water at an Arizona course. I've talked to staff at courses in the states where you can still get water and they say that is not a problem any longer as the water is contained in a plastic liner and not directly handled by employees.
    We have golfed in Florida, Arizona, Alberta and B.C. There is drinking water on all the courses that we have played on. In fact, we winter in Arizona and have played about 30 different courses, all with drinking water. Seems to be an Ontario thing; good profit in selling bottled water??

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    My son played a practice round at Loyalists for the U19 provincials yesterday and the info sheet for the event said there would be water stations every 4/5 holes.

There was one at 5 and 14 and at the turn but the committee strongly sudjested to carry extra water. Really?

44 with humidex yesterday with 20 K winds and it was still a heat box

Today for the first round 40 with humidex and wind gusts up to 6 K

He has a 2:15 tee time!!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by downhillslider View Post
    My son played a practice round at Loyalists for the U19 provincials yesterday and the info sheet for the event said there would be water stations every 4/5 holes.

There was one at 5 and 14 and at the turn but the committee strongly sudjested to carry extra water. Really?

44 with humidex yesterday with 20 K winds and it was still a heat box

Today for the first round 40 with humidex and wind gusts up to 6 K

He has a 2:15 tee time!!
    Sweet Jezus Les !!! Hope he does well under these gruelling conditions.Are you allowed to bring water to him at all when he is on the course?

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    I am allowed witch means I will be carrying 6 bottles on ice in my pack sack and reloading at the turn.

I can’t wait. Really looking forward to the experience!

The silver lining is a 10 a m tee time tomorrow but by then I hope he still has gas left in the tank.

150 golfers, top 60 and ties move on for rounds 3 and 4.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    We have water every 3 holes at our course. On Sunday I refilled a 500ml bottle at every station and made sure to drink constantly instead of gulping it down.

I still managed to lose 2.5 lbs in sweat, so just over a liter net loss.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rpangman View Post
    We have golfed in Florida, Arizona, Alberta and B.C. There is drinking water on all the courses that we have played on. In fact, we winter in Arizona and have played about 30 different courses, all with drinking water. Seems to be an Ontario thing; good profit in selling bottled water??
    You have that exactly right !
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road
    Kudos to the Canadian..marshalls driving around passing out water and ice soaked towels.Appeared every 4 -5 holes...

Quote Originally Posted by rview1 View Post
    Kudos to the Canadian..marshalls driving around passing out water and ice soaked towels.Appeared every 4 -5 holes...
    I agree buddy, Mark and his team are top notch.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    If hot out, don't play or bring own water. I am sure everyone is old enough to stop blaming other for own poor choices... I played my best round yesterday afternoon and got a cart, gallon of water, Gatorade (Plenty of sweat as I almost broke 80).

3 Iron Jason Munro is on a distinguished road
    Clublink has water on the course. Some more than others. Marshalls were driving around with cold wet towels too. Made the heat very bearable. Well...survived anyway

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    A few years back, eQuinelle had someone driving around in a cart with a bucket full of ice water with towels in it.
    They still do it at the Royal Ottawa when it gets very hot.

Thread Information