CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    "Richard"

Extending a putter to a belly putter?

I have a 35" putter right now and i want to change it to a 45" putter. Is this possible? If so, what are the costs involved? Thanks

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    You are not old enough for a belly putter.

"Richard"
    i just like it better. Its so much easier for me to line up and the stroke is always so smooth, like a pendulam (sp?) What is the age minimum for a belly putter

65, and you must have the yips first to qualify.

If you don't know what the yips are, you do not need one.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    I have a 35" putter right now and i want to change it to a 45" putter. Is this possible? If so, what are the costs involved? Thanks
    It goes with your waist size. If you wear a 32 then your 35 is not right for you. When you get to 45 you'll have to start using a cart

"Richard"
    ahahah, i was just about to google it to find out what the heck a YIP is.

Seriously. Are you taking about extending your existing putter? If so you could extend it with an old shaft but that would not look too good. Your best bet is to get the shaft replaced and have the lie of the club checked out once it's extended.

http://www.golfworks.com/product.asp?pn=APSV52
    52 inch putter shaft
    Some belly putters heads are heavier than regular putter. If you're ever in the Industrial avenue sector in Ottawa check out the Golfworks. They have all kinds of demo putters that you can try out on site.

Lob Wedge dbweathe is on a distinguished road dbweathe's Avatar

belly putter

I don't think you can extend an existing 30 something inch putter to a belly or sternum putter. The offset angle of the shaft will not likely allow you to get over the ball when putting. Like Andre said, you might be able to change the lie after changing the shaft, but only if it's a forged head and not cast.
    I guess it depends on which putting style you like and how you address the ball.

I use a 41" Odyssey belly putter (and I'm not 40 yet ) and I love it!
    They can easily be found on ebay for around $60 and there are usually quite a few available.
    I got mine from ebay and don't see myself going back to conventional anytime soon.

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    i just like it better. Its so much easier for me to line up and the stroke is always so smooth, like a pendulam (sp?) What is the age minimum for a belly putter
    http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/SA/00038.html

So very, very terrible......

I thought of getting a belly putter as well, but I thought they were banning them at the end of this year. Even so, I wanted the same length as Couples with the same Cameron Head type.....Newport 2 I think....

"Richard"
    I bought one Never compromise Voodoo Daddy putter. Its sooo sweet. My putting has already improved and I've only had it for a week and only used it for two rounds. Also, taken it to the putting green once. I'm having trouble with distance control but its pretty much point and shoot with this putter. With my other putter I would get a good read, but just mis hit the putt (miss the sweet spot, open or close the face of the putter) and shank it. Its not even possible with a belly putter. They really should make them illegal because it seriously makes putting much easier

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    They really should make them illegal because it seriously makes putting much easier
    See how you feel about it in a couple of weeks. I thought the same thing when I first got a belly putter...

"Richard"
    Quote Originally Posted by Proforged
    See how you feel about it in a couple of weeks. I thought the same thing when I first got a belly putter...
    What do you mean? Its not as good as it seems?

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    65, and you must have the yips first to qualify.
    Hey enough with the low blows man. VJ used one for a year. He went back to conventional last year. It's a great way to get through the yips and still play.

thotho

Don't modify your putter, buy a belly putter eventually you'll need to go back. I have a cheap one I got from walmart collecting dust. Mallet style like a 2-Ball. 25 bucks and it's yours.

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Proforged
    You mean you've had more than one?

"Richard"
    I just don't see how a 35" putter can compare to a belly putter. I mean, you can't have the "yips" with it. Point and shoot... and also, with a 35 inch putter I find myself bending at the lower back a lot more (obviously) and Its not very comfortable and I like the stance better as well. Anyway, I'm not getting rid of my old putter so if I do need to switch I can do so without putting anymore money into this STUPID GAME!!!!

Great if it works for you.A putter will never read the break nor the speed though.

Thread Information