100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yes Putters

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road

Yes Putters

I am curious to find out if anyone on the forums user list has tried or bought a YES putter?
    I tried one yesterday and liked the feel of it. I also talked to a guy who owns one, said he has had Scotty Camerons, etc etc and said the YES was by far the best putter he has owned. Claimed it has saved him 4-5 strokes per round.
    I can see how the technology of the C grooves would help.
    So if anyone has one in their bag let me know how you like it before I drop $180 on one!
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    I have the Tracy II putter and I agree with whoever gave you a review of the putter. Before I bought mine I spent over 2hrs at GT rolling every putter they had. I kept coming back to the Yes. The weight, feel and look were the most appealing to me. And the roll was the best any putter put on the ball. I am putting the best I ever have (minus last to weeks) in my life with this putter. To get this out of my bag someone would have to offer me the new price. About the only piece of equipment that has stayed in my back for more than 3 months. And if you knew me, that is saying alot. I would strongly recommend buying one of those putters, you won't be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by GJohnston69
    I have the Tracy II putter and I agree with whoever gave you a review of the putter. Before I bought mine I spent over 2hrs at GT rolling every putter they had. I kept coming back to the Yes. The weight, feel and look were the most appealing to me. And the roll was the best any putter put on the ball. I am putting the best I ever have (minus last to weeks) in my life with this putter. To get this out of my bag someone would have to offer me the new price. About the only piece of equipment that has stayed in my back for more than 3 months. And if you knew me, that is saying alot. I would strongly recommend buying one of those putters, you won't be dissapointed.
    Thanks for the report, sounds very very interesting I am pretty sure I am buying the Tracey II as soon as one comes into the local store.

I don't think you'll regret it. Let me know how it turns out.

Just for the sake of knowing, what did you pay for yours?

I got a price match from a local store. GT was selling them for $149 +tax. I got them to match and with my trade I ended up only paying about $50 out of my own pocket.

Driver Brent4Hire is on a distinguished road
    I am currently using a Whitehot Rossie Mallet, which I love because it is easy to allign. It is not my favorite feeling putter, but gets the job done.

For feel, I would have to cast my vote with Yes and Cleveland. The Yes models are the only thing I have found that feel as good as the older milled face Cleveland line. I prefer the weighting and balance of the Yes, but for me the Cleveland edges it out slightly in the feel department.
    If you're gonna walk on thin ice, ya might as well dance.

Well the YES TRACEY II has been in the bag for 5 rounds and I am now getting used to the feel of it. Yesterday I rolled in 4 birdie putts, longest was 25 feet, shortest was 2 feet ( I like the 2 foot birdie putts) I 3 putted one green, Par 5 on in two and 3 jacked However in 5 rounds I have only 3 putted twice with this putter.
    I would tend to say this is a solid putter, and for what you pay for top end puters this is a fairly good deal. I had $100 trade in allowance and added another $50 cash to buy mine.

Now I might sell my TaylorMade Indy Sport 1. I will decide that in the next week or so. I have a Rosa that I can use for slower greens. TaylorMade is also coming out with a new line of putters with the grooves in them, so there must be something good about those grooves!

Glad to hear the Yes is working for you. My three putts have dropped huge since getting this putter. I usually only three putt when the approach is on the other side of the green. Hope it keeps working for you.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    I got a YES Victoria putter yesterday and after trying to get the speed down on my first nine I seemed to get it going and started making a few putts and the ones I was missing were pretty close. It has a really nice feel and rolls the ball nicely. Actually made a decent putt to win a longest putt last night so it's already starting to pay back.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    I got a Yes! Tracy from RGK5 in a recent swap and so far it is the best putter I have ever used. I am absolutely in love with it.

Glad to see you joined the club Proforged. I would not be surprised if your search for a putter has ended for a long time. I am a club junkie and have changed everything in my bag this year a couple of times except for my driver and putter. And for those who know me that is saying alot.

5 Iron golferboy is on a distinguished road

yes

love my callie....nice n heavy.....

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    i loved my Callie for awhile as well and then one day i tried the Cameron Studio Style and it was all downhill for the Callie from there!!! I know have sold the Callie and own a Studio Style Newport 2

WOW!!!!!!

Albatross bobjones59 is on a distinguished road bobjones59's Avatar
    Hey Dave, I picked up a Tracy II and absolutely love it. Definitely the best I've ever owned. I'm making more birdies and no longer missing the 2-5 foot par putts which have been my nemesis in the past. Can honestly say that it's cut 2-5 strokes off a round. Certainly have a lot more confidence with this twig in my hands than anything I've owned before.

Jeff

Sleeps here davevandyk is on a distinguished road davevandyk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjones59
    Hey Dave, I picked up a Tracy II and absolutely love it. Definitely the best I've ever owned. I'm making more birdies and no longer missing the 2-5 foot par putts which have been my nemesis in the past. Can honestly say that it's cut 2-5 strokes off a round. Certainly have a lot more confidence with this twig in my hands than anything I've owned before.

Jeff
    I know what you mean, i have heard that from many people. I have just always held Cameron putters above all others, maybe its just a mental thing. I did love my Callie and Tracy, but found they were shaky on lag putts.

Just personal preference i guess

Postmaster General The Saint is on a distinguished road The Saint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davevandyk
    I know what you mean, i have heard that from many people. I have just always held Cameron putters above all others, maybe its just a mental thing. I did love my Callie and Tracy, but found they were shaky on lag putts.

Just personal preference i guess
    I played the "Yes" Tracy II this past round and found I had to be a bit more assertive with it than my Cameron Pro Platinum. As well in comparison it felt kind of dead when hit. Needless to say I've been leaving them short. But all in all I find the ball rolls true but I need to be more firm if I want the ball to get to the hole. I'll spend a bit more time with it so that I will be able to form a better opinion.
    Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing, ... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs...

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reid Masson
    I got a Yes! Tracy from RGK5 in a recent swap and so far it is the best putter I have ever used. I am absolutely in love with it.
    Damn! It never worked that well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rgk5
    Damn! It never worked that well for me.
    LOL! Hey Bob! How's that Big Ben working for you?

Need a Caddy rgk5 is on a distinguished road rgk5's Avatar
    The BB is working quite well, especially from 12-20 ft. 4-8 ft. is another story.

"Richard"
    stop thinking about and it and buy it Its a great putter and for that price you can't go wrong. Somany crapy putters sell for so much more. I was talking to my friend at GT and he told me that they will one day be the second best putters in the world (next to scotty). That, at the time, sound like crazy man talk... until I used one. It was the tracey II C-grove and if I hadn't already dropped $345 on my new putter I would have gotten a YES putter (in belly of course but I don't think they make it anyway)

BigFlopper

Other Stores

Hi,

Any other stores in the Ottawa area besides GT sell the YES! putters?

BF

CB in Bells Corners will order one in for you. They are eventually supposed to carry them. They will match GT's price as well.

"Richard"
    When is CB going to go out of business? Everytime I'm in here they are sooo dead!!! There are more people next door at bent grass indoor golf and its summer time!!!

Funny... whenever I'm in there they're crazy busy...

ME & MY TRACEY II

OK I have had the Tracey II for a couple of weeks now. At first I loved the way the ball rolled off the face and still love that.
    But I was struggling with my putting, short ones were killing me. I thought it would not matter what putter I was using at the time, I was just flat out missing short putts. Soooooooooo I put my TM Monza back in the bag for 27 holes and same damn thing! Short ones I was missing left constantly. Suddenly last this past Friday I am out on the course and I came to realize I was putting the death grip on my putter! Of course that leads to tension in the arms and bingo, missed putts. So I start to grip lightly and the putts start dropping. Amazing how I could start gripping so tightly. I remembered the sensation I used to have when I was rolling it well, it always felt like there was no putter in my hands.
    So today I played and Miss Tracey II and I got along just fine. 76 and played the last 8 holes in the pouring rain. No 3 putts either.

Thread Information