CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Em you have been pissed off at Stonebridge long before this announcement. If it closes you will have nothing to complain about and you can just play EQ every day.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Enough with the personal jabs. This is the second time I have mentioned it in this thread.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    Shut’er down Killer!!

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

Cool

I heard that Clublink might be interested in buying Sb.
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

5 Wood hx101 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 4jag View Post
    I heard that Clublink might be interested in buying Sb.
    That would be nice, but they better make it quick. I thought they were interested, however it's lacking a driving range. Maybe they could also swallow up On the Green (range) down the road from Stonebridge, they could then have a practice area and/or place they could hold clinics/kids camps, etc....... I know that's a pipe dream...........
    The process is working it's way through Ottawa city hall and it's just a matter of time.

FYI.......

The SCA received a message this evening from Councillor Harder for distribution to the Stonebridge community.

“Jay, thank you very much for your assistance in working with Mattamy. We are pleased to advise this evening that Mattamy Homes withdrew their application this afternoon. We look forward to continuing to work with you, community neighbours and Mattamy commencing with a facilitated session early in September. Let’s Talk!

Jan Harder and Scott Moffatt”

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    well that is positive news.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    well that is positive news.
    Yahoo The power of people---I am certainly glad they listened
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    This is great news. It would have been a real shame as it is one of the nicer courses we have.
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Definitely great news for the area.

Looks like this is on the table again. https://www.stonebridgeca.com/stoneb...RkITkrXypLzPUY

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I don't think it ever left the table...
    They bulldozed the pink house and cleared trees already...
    This will go forward....

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    The pink house is a different development and didn't affect any of the golf course.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Only ever played the course once but I thought the pink house was on the same side as the golf course and backed onto one of the holes? Maybe I’m misremembering

The pink house is behind the 6th green / 7th tee. The land it sits on is outside the perimeter of the golf course.

The contentious development would use land that currently has parts of the 5th and all of the 6th and 7th holes.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    It might not be next year, it might not be in 3 years but it’s only a matter of time until this course and Kanata get plowed under. The land is worth so much more to developers as residential building lots. Not that I’m wishing it upon anyone but it seems unlikely there is any other outcome at this time.

And as unpopular as this comment might be, dissolving a few courses is probably the best thing that can happen to the sustainablity of the sport locally going forward. Sounds like Kanata was making lots of money but I have to believe they are the exception and not the rule

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Looks like another meeting has been scheduled to discuss the future of Stonebridge.
    https://www.stonebridgeca.com/import...v=3e8d115eb4b3

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Looks like another meeting has been scheduled to discuss the future of Stonebridge.
    https://www.stonebridgeca.com/import...v=3e8d115eb4b3
    As a follow up to our previous community update sent out on May 22, the Stonebridge Working Group (SWG) would like to inform Stonebridge residents that after three months of constructive discussions and negotiations with Mattamy, we believe we have reached a unique favourable long-term solution that addresses the community’s biggest concerns. While certain details still need to be worked through, the purpose of this meeting is to present the proposed overall solution to you, solicit your feedback and get an early indication as to whether or not the solution has broad community support.
    Does anyone have any insider info on what this "favourable long-term solution" might entail?

the latest in this saga, looks like a compromise was made and that the course may be a par 70 going forward

https://www.stonebridgeca.com/wp-con...BUdYlsc7BHTphY

I wonder if the books were opened so that the residents actually knew if it would be a viable plan to actually purchase the golf course ??
    I have no idea what the original purchase agreement (regarding golf vistas were) or in actually reality----was the course built only to entice people to purchase homes?????? It's too bad everything has to be so bloody complicated and eventually it will end up in the hands of lawyers. In the end , personally I don't think it will not make any difference----the almighty buck will remain supreme and most of the original owners will be long gone anyway ! As for the course itself---it is one of our better courses but I don't think it is keeping up to the standards it was 5 years ago. There is a hidden agenda---unfortunately most of us "old guys" will be long gone when the dust has settled JMHO
    Last edited by big mac; 07-31-2019 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    I wonder if the books were opened so that the residents actually knew if it would be a viable plan to actually purchase the golf course ??
    I have no idea what the original purchase agreement (regarding golf vistas were) or in actually reality----was the course built only to entice people to purchase homes?????? It's too bad everything has to be so bloody complicated and eventually it will end up in the hands of lawyers. In the end , personally I don't think it will make any difference----the almighty buck will remain supreme and most of the original owners will be long gone anyway ! As for the course itself---it is one of our better courses but I don't think it is keeping up to the standards it was 5 years ago. There is a hidden agenda---unfortunately most of us "old guys" will be long gone when the dust has settled JMHO
    Played it a few weeks back and the course was in fantastic shape, as it was last year as well. The greens last year were the best I have ever seen them and the bunkers had all be redone with new sand.

If indeed Mattamy agrees to a "professional" redesign, what is currently being proposed for the layout/routing will change.

Proposed position of the 9th hole puts too many cars/people in play. No decent architect would do it that way.

yep, that 9th hole as proposed is a gong show waiting to happen.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

Red face Update

I also played the course recently and it is in good shape. One thing that I am almost positive is different is the distances from the back tees. Course is to short for low caps who hit it a long ways. Some of the back tee boxes are not being used.

7 Wood pagman is on a distinguished road pagman's Avatar
    We were told at the meeting the other nite that Mattamy hired Doug Carrick Design to do the new routing of the course. Scary to think that one of the top golf course architects in North America would propose that gong show on #9.

1 Iron BARGEGOLF is on a distinguished road BARGEGOLF's Avatar
    Given the downturn in new golf course construction, golf course designers will take up any redesign work they can get.

https://www.stonebridgeca.com/swg-co...v=3e8d115eb4b3

It will now become 6000 yards......

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Am I wrong or is the compromise solution not a pretty good situation that guarantees the course will remain mostly the same and the worst-case scenario is that it becomes a nice green space.....no more big development either way. Was anyone there for the big meeting at the end of July?

1 Iron BARGEGOLF is on a distinguished road BARGEGOLF's Avatar
    For Stonebridge community property owners, it appears that the excrement is about the hit the oscillator.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottaw...vote-1.5303209

I had a lengthy conversation last night with Stonebridge residents---apparently the levy is a go and will be based on each home's value. It will be approx 400.00 average per home for 7 years. If I have this correct that means the community will allow Mattemy to redesign the course and develop the south land. At the end of 7 years the land will be turned over to the community/city or whatever. It may be run as a golf couse for maybe a year or so but there are no firm decisions on that at this time. The books have NOT been opened to allow people to see if this is even viable. What I took from the conversation is that the residents are more concerned with protecting the green space thereby protecting the value of their homes. Anyway not too much more can be done except to wait and see what comes out of city council meetings etc. and if the proposal is accepted by all parties. As one fella put it---if Glen Abby can't stop the development then Stonebridge and Kanata links doesn't stand a chance. The late news last night quoted a 2 to 1 ratio of acceptance of the levy.

Thread Information