100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    I get it if the group falls behind more than a hole to let the group behind go through but if they are groups ahead of them it's the marshal responsibility to try and get the pace going. Not everyone walk at a pace of 3 hours to play 18 holes of golf

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by slash View Post
    I get it if the group falls behind more than a hole to let the group behind go through but if they are groups ahead of them it's the marshal responsibility to try and get the pace going. Not everyone walk at a pace of 3 hours to play 18 holes of golf
    For sure. Again, pace of play is probably the biggest difference between private and public courses. In the last ten years, including club championships and other member events I’ve never had a round exceed 4:15. Generally rounds are 3:45. If you play in the AM as one of the first 5 groups it’s almost always 3:00 to 3:30. Our course has a very small transition from greens to tees and is an easy walk so 3:30 is very easy over 18.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    For sure. Again, pace of play is probably the biggest difference between private and public courses. In the last ten years, including club championships and other member events I’ve never had a round exceed 4:15. Generally rounds are 3:45. If you play in the AM as one of the first 5 groups it’s almost always 3:00 to 3:30. Our course has a very small transition from greens to tees and is an easy walk so 3:30 is very easy over 18.
    It's not really that different. I played Royal Ottawa 2 weeks ago in 3:50 with 3 of us walking but no one in front of us really. I play Meadows consistently in under 4 hours with 4 guys walking on a busy course and often in 3:30. We don't play super fast, we are just ready to hit when it's our turn. I play a private course in Cambridge in 4 hours regularly. Played Loch March a few weeks back in 4:10. I play a lot of courses in Ottawa at all times, weekends, after work, etc and can't remember one longer than 4:15 in a long time.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information