CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut wings is on a distinguished road

Bringing young kids on course for early tee times

I’m thinking of bringing my 6 and 9 year old boys with me when I take my dad golfing for Father’s Day. I’d like to tee off early in the morning on the weekend and I’m planning on going to a course that is less busy than most. Anyone do this before? I’ve gone late afternoon when it’s dead and free for the kids and realize that I’d be paying full price for two kids who could very well watch more than they play but they seem very excited and grandpa will be thrilled. Just looking for feedback from others who have done this. Pace of play will not be an issue as we’d be in carts and they hit from where dad hits unless it’s a ghost town. Cheers!

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    nice idea, it could depend on the course you had in mind, some may be more open to this than others. I would run the idea by the pro-shop first to avoid disappointment.

Yeah for sure. I will ask when I’m booking just to be sure. I’m sure not every course would be thrilled if having kids that you g on the course during peak times, not to mention the golfers who think they’d be watching kids swing and miss all day. Lol

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wings View Post
    Pace of play will not be an issue as we’d be in carts and they hit from where dad hits unless it’s a ghost town. Cheers!
    As long as pace of play is not an issue and your boys respect the course and other golfers, then I don't think anyone has a right to complain - including the course management.

I'm not sure which course you had in mind but I've seen kids on the course quite often at Metcalfe and not always on late afternoons. I will say that it is almost always on the 9-hole course as it can be kinda difficult to keep their attention for a full 18 holes. Enjoy your day!

Pitching Wedge tortoise is on a distinguished road
    I've brought my boys that age a couple of times. As mentioned, never an issue. Just make sure they stay close to you since they can be hard for the group behind to see them.

Update. Day was a total success. My boys had a blast and were disappointed when we finished as they wanted to keep playing. We finished right at 4 hours. I’ll be doing that again for sure! Only hiccup is I’ll have to find a different course as I was told that kids could only come on the course after 2. I misunderstood when I called as I thought they meant kids were free after 2. I picked it based on it not being jam packed on weekends so I’ll have to find another course that isn’t too far or busy. Might have to do an executive course. Cheers

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Glad they had fun. 2 more future golfers!
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wings View Post
    I misunderstood when I called as I thought they meant kids were free after 2. I picked it based on it not being jam packed on weekends so I’ll have to find another course that isn’t too far or busy. Might have to do an executive course. Cheers
    Glad they had a good time. I would suggest Metcalfe as I know that kids are always welcome there and it is not too far for you (we have quite a few members from Orleans). They also have quite a few junior golf events throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Glad they had a good time. I would suggest Metcalfe as I know that kids are always welcome there and it is not too far for you (we have quite a few members from Orleans). They also have quite a few junior golf events throughout the year.
    Will try that for sure. Thanks

Thread Information