CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Putter Mizumon is on a distinguished road

Hylands GC south..

i will be in the area for May long weekend and decided to participate in an OGA tourney. Any insight into playing this course? is practice round allowed for nonmember? any help is greatly appreciated. thx. Manny

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    there are a few members on here that might be able to help but seeing as your playing an event give them a ring and I am sure they'd be happy to take your $ .

The course is pretty flat (it's next to the airport after all), with mostly tree lined fairways. For the most part it's what you see is what you get, not. There are almost no water hazards on the course, save for the pond in front of 18. Conditions are usually solid as well. The range is pretty good.

http://www.hylandsgc.com/images/pdf/Golf/HGC-South.pdf
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by Mizumon View Post
    i will be in the area for May long weekend and decided to participate in an OGA tourney. Any insight into playing this course? is practice round allowed for nonmember? any help is greatly appreciated. thx. Manny

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Hi Mizumon,
    Just to counter one other general perspective offered above regarding the terrain at Hylands, the two courses are situated on the land sloping down from the airport. The airport is constructed on the 'Uplands', and the land moving away from the airport is sloped downwards... as such some holes at Hylands are quite pronounced in elevation change, particularly the North course, which has holes closest to the airport... again with the holes benefitting from the down-slopes.

Here are the holes on the South course with changes in elevation: South 2 (at present being reconfigured slightly) 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 17 & 18.

And for those interested in the North course, these holes have marked changes in elevation... North 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 17 & 18.

Overall almost half the holes out of 36 have noticeable, and in some cases, substantial changes in elevation, so with other challenging features both courses at Hylands have lots to test a good game. The two Hylands courses are anything but flat, rather a challenging blend of level, undulating and hilly landscapes; and, for those with 'insight', there is an appreciation for the challenges offered by both North and South courses.

PM me Mizumon if you want to play it before your tournament.
    Last edited by MarcArt; 05-03-2018 at 04:54 AM.

Driver Muddler is on a distinguished road
    The North course was the tournament course for a PGA Tour Canada event for four years and the South Course was used for the Monday qualifier. A yardage book was made for both courses and the pro shop might still sell them. I have a copy of each. Do you need a caddie?

Besides that, the course is built on hilly, sandy terrain. Excellent drainage and conditioning. The greens tend to be firm but not very fast. Both courses were built in the 60s when he tendency was to lay things out in a straightforward style.

Putter Mizumon is on a distinguished road
    thank you All for the info. my schedule does not allow for practice round anymore. i will have to 'wing' it and enjoy a tulip festival after. thanks again.

Driver Muddler is on a distinguished road
    thank you All for the info. my schedule does not allow for practice round anymore. i will have to 'wing' it and enjoy a tulip festival after. thanks again.
    I can lend you he yardage book if he pro shop doesn’t have any.

Thread Information