CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Buckingham greens have been punched so wait a bit before playing there.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    For those of you that haven't played Hawkesbury GC you are missing out on an absolute gem. Played today and the course is in absolutely incredible shape. Worth the drive.

Putter Mid is on a distinguished road
    Pineview today still have several wet spots. Some holes are still "cart path only". Greens are in good shape, slow though.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Played Vieux Moulins after reading 2 very positive and recent reviews on Golf advisor. What a mistake, makes me wonder who wrote those reviews because the course was in terrible shape and maintenance is seriously lacking. Tee boxes not cut, rough that is so long and full of dandelions you would lose your ball easily even if you were just off the fairway. Greens extremely bumpy and long, bunkers hard as rock and fairways that were looking more weeds than grass. We were behind a 4some that were 1-2 holes behind the group ahead for the entire round and never saw a Marshall until the 15th hole.
    We stopped at the clubhouse after 9 to ask about the pace and all 4 employees were having a great conversation inside and said pace seemed good. I answered that it’s difficukt to judge pace from the clubhouse. Restaurant closed and the course was pretty full.
    We got what we thought was a decent deal at $36 inc cart on Golf Now but you could not pay me to go back there again, one word, terrible.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Played Vieux Moulins after reading 2 very positive and recent reviews on Golf advisor. What a mistake, makes me wonder who wrote those reviews because the course was in terrible shape and maintenance is seriously lacking. Tee boxes not cut, rough that is so long and full of dandelions you would lose your ball easily even if you were just off the fairway. Greens extremely bumpy and long, bunkers hard as rock and fairways that were looking more weeds than grass. We were behind a 4some that were 1-2 holes behind the group ahead for the entire round and never saw a Marshall until the 15th hole.
    We stopped at the clubhouse after 9 to ask about the pace and all 4 employees were having a great conversation inside and said pace seemed good. I answered that it’s difficukt to judge pace from the clubhouse. Restaurant closed and the course was pretty full.
    We got what we thought was a decent deal at $36 inc cart on Golf Now but you could not pay me to go back there again, one word, terrible.
    The course is really neglected and its a shame. I have not been back since about 3 -4 years and just waiting for the city to de-zone the land and its gonna be condo city i am sure. Its worth a lot of money .

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Yes, I used to like playing there, it is a shame. Neglect us the correct word. It was limit pleasant, worst condition I have ever seen it
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Has anyone played Champlain yet? Usually it's a bit wet in the spring

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I take online reviews with a grain of salt when it comes to course conditions. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you never know what one might consider to be "incredible conditions". Heck I've had people tell me that course X was beautiful and I joined them for a round and thought it was a dog track. In golf you often get what you pay for. This isn't a hard and fast rule but generally speaking it has held true for me over the years.

Putter Mid is on a distinguished road
    I played there once with 2 friends, 2 years ago. There were a lot of small rocks in bunkers, rough and even fairways. Fairways were uncut for a long time. It was terrible. All 3 of us never want to go back there.

Yes, I did not mention it but the bunkers had tons of rocks so when I landed in one I hesitated to use my nice wedges in there. Unfortunate that money is still being made but not put back in to regular maintenance at the very least.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Whitetail at the weekend and its in great shape , definitely worth the trip
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Played Casselview on Wednesday---fairways seemed to be lacking grass or at least the growth of same. Greens were OK but also looked like they lacked "refreshment" Maybe they did not fertilize ??? Played Perth yesterday and found it extremely lush---good greens and fairways---rough a little high but very lush. Their par 5s are getting a little long for this "ole guy"
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

How is Sandpoint? I am headed there tomorrow as it seems the courses NW of us will not get much rain in the morning
    Lefty Lucas

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Hawkesbury good shape overall , there were some thin areas on and just off the fairways. Greens were in fantastic shape. Fun track to play.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Smugglers Glen is in fantastic shape tee to green. Do yourself a favour and get down there and play.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Smugglers Glen is in fantastic shape tee to green. Do yourself a favour and get down there and play.
    Have not been there in years. Thanks for the reminder Jeff. One of the best courses we have played.

4 Iron Gangrel is on a distinguished road
    Played Anderson Links yesterday, West-South. Dandelions abound (and white, so made finding balls in the rough challenging). Fairways were ok, probably need cut. And the greens on South had been punched, so no smooth rolls.

But, everything was dry.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Metcalfe is in great shape. Very dry, with a few bare spots in some fairways where the skunks have been digging but otherwise very good from tee to green. I find the greens a tad slow but otherwise rolling very well. It is quite noticeable that there are a lot fewer trees than last year (thanks to the emerald ash borer), but the ones that should affect play were mostly culled in the last couple of years.

Heard from a member today who went to Mont Tremblant that La Maitre was not in good shape at all - especially the greens. I've never been there, but I know that people expect excellent conditions considering the green fees that are being charged and apparently that is not what they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Metcalfe is in great shape. Very dry, with a few bare spots in some fairways where the skunks have been digging but otherwise very good from tee to green. I find the greens a tad slow but otherwise rolling very well. It is quite noticeable that there are a lot fewer trees than last year (thanks to the emerald ash borer), but the ones that should affect play were mostly culled in the last couple of years.

Heard from a member today who went to Mont Tremblant that La Maitre was not in good shape at all - especially the greens. I've never been there, but I know that people expect excellent conditions considering the green fees that are being charged and apparently that is not what they are getting.
    Good to hear Metcalfe is fine shape. Always enjoy my round up there and the staff and members are great.

Postaholic northern33 is on a distinguished road northern33's Avatar
    Anyone played Rockland this year? Conditions? Thinking of booking there this weekend.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    I played Rockland this past Sunday. The course was in really good shape. Some very minor wet spots in the usual places. The greens were very good, not super fast by Rockland standards but putt very true. Have fun this weekend, you won't be disappointed. (Played West-East, can't comment on the South, but I am sure it is just as good as the other two nines)

Putter slowmo is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Played Whitetail at the weekend and its in great shape , definitely worth the trip
    Folks, this one is worth the drive. Played yesterday morning. I remembered course from a few years back. What I saw saw blew me away. The course has matured. All of the greens and fairways are plush and offer their own challenges. Some of them of simply spectacular. The attending pro said that May and June are normally not as busy, so it's easy to get a time slot, but come July and August,the place rolls with cottagers and vacationers. Joined GolfXtra this year and plan on going back soon. I just wish I could play it every day. Go and have a look, you will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by northern33 View Post
    Anyone played Rockland this year? Conditions? Thinking of booking there this weekend.
    I played it yesterday and its not in tip top shape but getting much better, still some spotty patches in fairways and the greens were slow for that course but still pretty good, We played E-S and it was quite enjoyable
    Lefty Lucas

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Pakenham is bone dry already, greens were punched recently but still decent. This course is a far cry from what it used to be, too bad.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Oaks of Cobden this weekend and conditions were just ok . Greens were decent although a little slow , still a nice track tho
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road
    Played Montebello on Saturday.
    Cart path only after Friday rain but course was dry.
    A few bunkers were flooded.
    Lots of water damage from previous rain storms.

The worst part.....Armyworms.
    Millions. Failing off every tree. On every fairway, green, tee box. Literally hundreds on green while trying to putt and walk around.
    No idea how long it takes for these things to go away but for now, I would stay far away.

Quote Originally Posted by Grabster View Post
    Played Montebello on Saturday.
    Cart path only after Friday rain but course was dry.
    A few bunkers were flooded.
    Lots of water damage from previous rain storms.

The worst part.....Armyworms.
    Millions. Failing off every tree. On every fairway, green, tee box. Literally hundreds on green while trying to putt and walk around.
    No idea how long it takes for these things to go away but for now, I would stay far away.
    It's the same at Heritage Golf about 15 mins from Montebello. Worms are everywhere on the greens with nearby trees. Greens are quite slow and with these creatures crawling about, it's not fun putting. Hopefully with the hot weather coming around, these will go back to their natural habitat somewhere

Lots in Smiths Falls too, not much golf courses can do about that.
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post

Royal Laurentien is also in a really bad shape this year. Almost all fairways have winter kills with some holes the entire ways are just sand and no grass at all. The greens are also in a bad shape and full of fertilizer. The worst part is we drove up there after booking 3 weeks in advance and at check in they didn't even bother or have the courtesy to inform us about the condition.The starter basically told us cart path only due to the big recent big storm but we know why now. We got about 10$ off regular price of 95$ booking in advance but if we have known about the condition, we wouldn't be bother playing it for free and shell out additional 30$ for other Mont Tremblant courses.

They even put a new trainee at the check-in probably to avoid answering question as she barely speaks any English .
    I have to give it to them because the golf courses are full and it took us 5 hours to complete the round with slow play. They must have fooled lots of people
    What a disgrace!

Never will be back there again.

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    Renfrew Golf Club is in very good shape and always a challenge...

Thread Information