+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gap Wedge CrowdPleaser is on a distinguished road

Spring Conditions

Played Manderley this morning. They had their hybrid 19 hole course going. Majority of the course was dry and the greens wintered well. My understanding is the remaining holes will be opening during the week.

Par gwil is on a distinguished road
    Agree - played there yesterday and conditions were exceptionally good for opening day. It was still 100% carry but the course is very playable.

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    I played Prescott on Saturday, some wet spots, a few plugged balls... but very servicable, and as usual, the greens were in good shape. Worthwhile for the season opener. I am registered for their upcoming three-man scramble... should be fun.

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I played Gatineau on Saturday, very pleasantly surprised how playable it was, not wet, greens were smooth and quick enough considering they just thawed!
    Andrew

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I played Gatineau on Saturday, very pleasantly surprised how playable it was, not wet, greens were smooth and quick enough considering they just thawed!
    Good to know Andrew. Getting out there tomorrow.

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    OPENING DAY UPDATE: RENFREW G.C.

DRIVING RANGE OPENING TODAY
    We are excited to inform you that the driving range will be open beginning today at 10:00 am. With the warm temperatures over this past weekend, the tee deck is ready for season so come out, knock the rust off your swing and get ready for the season. The Driving Range will be open from 10:00 am until 6:30 pm each day this week (depending on the weather ).

GOLF COURSE OPENING ON FRIDAY, APRIL 27TH
    We are planning to open the golf course on Friday, April 27th at 9:30 am, if all goes well. Our hope is to open full with power carts on Friday but that decision will be made on Friday morning. There are a few soft spots where carts cannot avoid driving on the course right now and with the forecast for rain on Wednesday and Thursday, we want to ensure the golf course is ready for opening and also avoid causing any damage from allowing carts when the paths/ground is still soft.

The tee sheets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be available to book online beginning Tuesday and the Golf Shop will be open to receive tee times as well. The Golf Shop will be open daily from 10 am to 6 pm until the golf course opens.

See you at the Club this weekend!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Plan on going up to Renfrew this year with my wife and son. Its a great track.

Gatineau is nice and dry all over. No plugged balls. Greens are okey, but i did not find them that great. Its early and they will get better.

Golf Pig of the Year 2012 foxman is on a distinguished road foxman's Avatar
    i love that course, one of my favourite
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Plan on going up to Renfrew this year with my wife and son. Its a great track.

Lob Wedge Billythe3rd is on a distinguished road
    I hit Casselview last Sunday and it was in decent shape. The Greens had been punched so putting was not great but the course was not to wet. One thing that I noticed though is people were not replacing there divots at all. There were beaver tails littering the course and massive craters all over the fairway. It takes a few seconds but I guess some people can't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by Billythe3rd View Post
    I hit Casselview last Sunday and it was in decent shape. The Greens had been punched so putting was not great but the course was not to wet. One thing that I noticed though is people were not replacing there divots at all. There were beaver tails littering the course and massive craters all over the fairway. It takes a few seconds but I guess some people can't be bothered.
    You are correct about the divots.Players think because its the start of the season that its not important.

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road
    Played Nation on Tuesday and it was in good shape; there were some snow mounds but nothing that affected our game. The fairways were dry and the greens and tee boxes were very good for this time of year. Had a very enjoyable time. My three buddies were playing the course for the first time and can't wait to get back when the warmer weather is here.

Very wet conditions at The Canadian today. Greens where long and slow. Needs some sunshine to dry things out

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Played Nation on Tuesday. Great conditions. Greens not yet punched
    Fairways nice and green. Few snowbanks but missed them. Lol

8 Iron manotick is on a distinguished road
    Played Metcalfe yesterday and several holes have wet, soggy, muddy fairways. No carts on 1-6 and 16-18 because of the wet conditions. On too many long shots our ball stopped or plugged. Some bunkers have water. Greens are not punched but slow. Practice green was a good indication of the roll. Will take some time for the fairways to dry out. Good news was we found lots of balls in the forests.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Played Anderson Links today. I found it to be in pretty good shape overall. Greens were a bit slow (to be expected), otherwise they were in really good shape.

Buckingham greens are exceptional right now. The course itself is in good shape, just a few wet spots.

Putter Mid is on a distinguished road
    Played at Irish Hill today. The course was playable but there's still a lot of wet parts. Red course still closed.

Gatineau yesterday was dry. The course was in pretty good shape, no plugged ball at all. Green was slow.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Played Nation yesterday and it was pretty good, of course nice and dry, greens need cutting but I suspect that will be done by the weekend if they get the chance
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Played Casselview today. Greens have recovered from the recent punch and rolling very nice but a tad slow. Fairways have some muddy spots but no wet spots. Worth a drive

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Marshes, fairways, tee boxes , bunkers all in good shape, greens are on the slow side.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Prescott today. Greens were very quick and in really good shape.

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    Cloverdale's fairways were pretty wet on Saturday afternoon. The greens are in good condition though, rolling true & very playable.
    "Be happy, but never satisfied." – Bruce Lee

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    CLOVERDALE (Monday) drying nicely & good greens

Cedarhill (Tuesday) was excellent. Greens wintered really well & smooth. Mild soggy spots, carts everywhere.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Played Stonebridge yesterday. Overall the course is in great shape. #2 does have a temp green (which I managed to birdie!) and #1 and #3 have some roped off areas on their greens. The rough is already pretty thick. Tee to green it's in great shape, another week or 2 with the warm weather and rain and it will be fantastic. The putting green is currently closed as well. Course was full yesterday and got around in 4:10.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Gap Wedge Stonebridge is on a distinguished road Stonebridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Played Stonebridge yesterday. Overall the course is in great shape. #2 does have a temp green (which I managed to birdie!) and #1 and #3 have some roped off areas on their greens. The rough is already pretty thick. Tee to green it's in great shape, another week or 2 with the warm weather and rain and it will be fantastic. The putting green is currently closed as well. Course was full yesterday and got around in 4:10.
    The late ice storms caused a bit of setback on these greens just before spring finally arrived. However we will be opening the green on hole #2 tomorrow. Some roped off areas of these greens may remain for a short time to allow for the growth to continue but shouldn't impact play (just limit the walking on these areas). The putting green might remain closed a little while longer but the chipping green is currently in great shape for both chipping and putting. The remainder of the course is looking fantastic and we're forward to another great season!
    Web: www.stonebridgegc.com Twitter: @StonebridgeClub Facebook: www.facebook.com/StonebridgeClub

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Equinelle today. Course is in mid season form already. Sign posted at proshop said Green speed at 9. Personally they seemed to run faster. The course is in beautiful shape and couldn't beat the price...$40 including cart (+tax). Good job Equinelle staff!

Mountain Creek was disappointing

We were surprised how far behind the Creek was compared to everywhere else we played.

Many fairways with significant winterkill but dry.

Greens pretty spotty.

11 o'clock on a Saturday & parking lot very empty. Guess everybody is waiting??

Though there was a cart-girl out.

We'll be back, just not right away

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Anyone play Vieux Moulins yet, usually better conditions in the spring
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information