CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Good to see Tiger

Good to see him playing well. Having said that, i probably jinxed him. LOL. Good crowds around also. Win win for all.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Yes it is....yes it is.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    There is Absolutely no coverage of anyone else by the sports media when he plays , and they wonder why they can't grow the sport
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    There is Absolutely no coverage of anyone else by the sports media when he plays , and they wonder why they can't grow the sport
    While it is great that he is playing better, I doubt Golf Channel's excessive coverage of him is going to hurt the growth of the game. Instead, it will just turn off those of us who would like to see balanced coverage. If their coverage of Tiger negatively affected their ratings, we would not see him, but because the opposite is true, we are stuck with it. Even half of Golf Central is devoted to the analysis of his every move. Now that he has made the cut, maybe reruns of Judge Judy or Wheel of Fortune would be a better choice.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Leave it to Beaver would get my vote.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I think Golf Channel will cover the player who is playing his best. I remember when Spieth was at the top thats all they talked about. That goes for Johnson, Day, Rose etc... Its just the way it is. Thats why i like looking at European golf on tv. They seem to cover everyone or almost. Lets face it, the sponsors are paying and they want Tiger so they can sell their product.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Crazy ratings and crazy crowds for Tiger this weekend and he made it interesting and is setting the table for the Masters. I am not a fan of the man but you have to love the player, he was more subdued, no huge fist pumps like the old Tiger which was nice to see, that always got on my nerves. I thought he made a huge mistake on 18 tee using his iron instead of his 3 wood or driver. He was driving so well that day and he needed to birdie the hole. Why not take that one chance and have a wedge in your hands to get close to the hole. At 443yds and using driver would have guaranteed him a wedge in, even Reed used driver but got a terrible break landing 2 yards short and did not get to the right level. He needed a birdie to win as well. Tiger had been striking the ball so well and having more than 3 clubs less in his hands would have given him the best chance to tie
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    While it is great that he is playing better, I doubt Golf Channel's excessive coverage of him is going to hurt the growth of the game. Instead, it will just turn off those of us who would like to see balanced coverage. If their coverage of Tiger negatively affected their ratings, we would not see him, but because the opposite is true, we are stuck with it. Even half of Golf Central is devoted to the analysis of his every move. Now that he has made the cut, maybe reruns of Judge Judy or Wheel of Fortune would be a better choice.
    Go with the flow. It's not only TV coverage. Crowd attendance was up 40,000. They had to redo the parking lot. The man has an aura about him whether you like it or not. Same as LeBron, Ali, Brady, Gretzky et al.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It is to be expected for sure, overkill but certainly expected, it was the 3rd largest TV audience on the PGA ever including all majors on Saturday so Sunday was going to be over the top.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    Very excited to see Tiger back to form as well! I will still pay attention to all other contenders & fav players during each tournament of course. It was nice to see Paul Casey win again finally last week
    "Be happy, but never satisfied." – Bruce Lee

Caddy larry is on a distinguished road larry's Avatar
    How can Tiger be in 10th or 12th place when apparently he is the only player in the tournament?

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Nice to see him being a top contender. He is certainly proving many people wrong.

There is a limit to the Tiger hype though, CBS headline after the Masters was "Tiger shoots low round of the day..." I find this so disrespectful to all those players that finished ahed of him, I mean he was 10+ shots behind and zero pressure. It just gets to be a bit much
    Lefty Lucas

Thread Information