CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

2019 rules changes

No one is talking about the rules changes coming in 2019? Interesting stuff for us amateurs.

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    No one is talking about the rules changes coming in 2019? Interesting stuff for us amateurs.
    This is probably the only golf rules forum that hasn't featured the 2019 rules.
    I think they've been done to death elsewhere

http://www.usga.org/content/dam/usga...f-for-2019.pdf

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Exactly, i think its worth looking at the changes as they will impact all golfers. I like the one about the O.B. I have been doing this for years and i think it will save time.
    Last edited by Marcos; 03-26-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Forum Jedi golfisforfun is on a distinguished road
    These rule are completely irrelevant for the majority of golfers. I don't understand why people even care or why golf rules governing bodies even focus on amateurs and joe public.
    The fact is, most golfers play by their own rules, they do whatever they want and the "rules of golf" never come into play.

There needs to be set of rules for PRO golf and that's about it.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Exactly, i think its worth looking at the changes as they will impact all golfers. I like the one about the O.B. I have been doing this for years and i think it will save time.
    Yup. I have never walked back to hit a shot as I believe that would have caused frustration to golfers behind. Always did what this new rule now permits and I agree this will certainly help with pace of play.

Not sure how you can say these changes will impact ALL GOLFERS???

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golfisforfun View Post
    These rule are completely irrelevant for the majority of golfers. I don't understand why people even care or why golf rules governing bodies even focus on amateurs and joe public.
    The fact is, most golfers play by their own rules, they do whatever they want and the "rules of golf" never come into play.

do as you please but if I am playing a tournament or men's night I do like it when people play by the same rules otherwise what's the point?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

JeffC... of course rules need to be established for tourneys or any competition but that is not the average golfer or the majority...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    JeffC... of course rules need to be established for tourneys or any competition but that is not the average golfer or the majority...
    you said "There needs to be set of rules for PRO golf and that's about it." "I don't understand why people even care or why golf rules governing bodies even focus on amateurs and joe public."

I'm certainly not a pro, a long way from it - call me joe public - not a member and play once or twice a week. I play for fun of course but also like to abide by the rules as much as possible. As for others, do what you like and if you don't care about the rules, then you can pretty much ignore these changes. There are quite a few amateurs and non-pros that do follow the rules though.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Not sure how you can say these changes will impact ALL GOLFERS???
    Your right to assume that most golfers dont play by the rules.I dont always know all the rules and this is a step in making it simpler.
    To each his own.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Keep in mind that this is not a rule, but merely a Local Rule that needs to be put into effect by the committee of the club at which you are playing or the one in charge of the tournament.

While it will save time, it is not necessarily advantageous to scoring in that if the tee shot is a short, snap hook into the bush, for example, you may lose significant distance over having hit a long and straight provisional.
    Last edited by BC MIST; 03-27-2018 at 08:07 AM.

While you may be correct that the majority of golfers do not play by the rules, there are still millions around the world who do play by the rules. Those who are members at clubs who play in their tournaments, those who keep handicaps, whether members or not, where playing by the rules is essential, public players who play in tournaments and those who just want to know that at the end of their round, that their score is legitimate.

The ruling bodies do not necessarily focus on any particular group when considering changes to the rules, but they do what they feel is best for the game itself. Before making this new set of rules, you were consulted and asked to provide input about what changes would make the game better and thousands of golfers around the world responded. The ruling bodies should be given credit for actually listening and some of the new or modified rules reflect public input.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
    While it will save time, it is not necessarily advantageous to scoring in that if the tee shot is a short, snap hook into the bush, for example, you may lose significant distance over having hit a long and straight provisional.
    That is if you can hit the provisional long and straight. What if you hit another snap hook? 5 off the tee and not even guaranteed to hit number 5 in bounds
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Keep in mind that this is not a rule, but merely a Local Rule that needs to be put into effect by the committee of the club at which you are playing or the one in charge of the tournament.

That makes sense Lyle.
    Last edited by Marcos; 03-28-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    That is if you can hit the provisional long and straight. What if you hit another snap hook? 5 off the tee and not even guaranteed to hit number 5 in bounds
    Only those who don’t learn from history, tend to repeat it. Yes, this is possible but aren’t most golfers best shots, a provisional?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Only those who don’t learn from history, tend to repeat it. Yes, this is possible but aren’t most golfers best shots, a provisional?
    Ah yes commonly called the ah shot. I've seen it happen though. A friend of mine was having a career round until he got to the 18th where he snapped hooked 3 in a row OB left. Ka-ching ka-ching
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

England Golf Referee AAA is on a distinguished road
    Have a look at the new 'Interpretations'

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hfs4rg0so...CjbpdlkPa?dl=0

Lob Wedge greenstreak is on a distinguished road
    Well the way I see it is if you take gimmes then who cares about the rest of the rules you break.

Thread Information