+ Reply to Thread
    Out of Bounds orangeTANG is on a distinguished road

Best simulator tech in Ottawa

Who has the best simulator tech in Ottawa to go play some indoor golf? Been to Golf-O-Max and Mulligan's but just wondering if there are other options with more advanced technology.

5 Wood LCM is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by orangeTANG View Post
    Who has the best simulator tech in Ottawa to go play some indoor golf? Been to Golf-O-Max and Mulligan's but just wondering if there are other options with more advanced technology.
    Tecumseh maybe,sims in the locker room.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I was just at Falcon Ridge yesterday. I was using it in driving range mode, but the numbers seemed pretty accurate.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

6 Iron Ian is on a distinguished road Ian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I was just at Falcon Ridge yesterday. I was using it in driving range mode, but the numbers seemed pretty accurate.
    The problem with Falcon Ridge (HD Golf) is that you can only play one hole at a time. What I mean is, you can't hit it onto another fairway and play it from there. You are limited to the area shown in the overhead view. Anywhere else is "unplayable lie". So, if you can't carry a hazard, you can't play around it. They do offer a "safe drop" on the other side of the hazard, which is great, but not really sporting.

I thought that the sim was accurate for distance although I did hit a lot of slices and hooks which I don't do on other sims and I did like the putting (better than Golf-o-Max - Full Swing Golf - and Iris Hills - GolfON). I believe that the sims at Pineview are also HD Golf.

Hope this helps.....................Ian

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    We have 4 HD Golf simulators here at Pine View. They are far more accurate than some of the other tech used in Ottawa.

Yes, REALLY bad shots are penalized because you can't play from an adjacent fairway but at the end of the day your score does not really matter for handicap purposes etc so having to take a drop is not a big deal.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Thread Information