CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar

Taylormade Twistface M4 driver

I had my doubts but yesterday i confirmed it, this “twistface” is total BS!!!

I went to Golf Town yesterday and closely looked at this new M4 driver and compared it to the M2, i looked at both clubs from all angles, top, bottom, sides, at adress, there’s no twist!!!! If it’s not noticeable to the naked eye how can it have so much impact on the flight of a golf ball......come on!!!! Just another sales pitch from TM.

Save your money and buy the M2 other than cosmetics it’s the same club.
    Last edited by rossigm; 02-25-2018 at 10:55 AM.

Par slamdedam is on a distinguished road
    lmao... I did the samething Saturday....did not see a twist in the face i agree...BS

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossigm View Post
    I had my doubts but yesterday i confirmed it, this “twistface” is total BS!!!

I went to Golf Town yesterday and closely looked at this new M4 driver and compared it to the M2, i looked at both clubs from all angles, top, bottom, sides, at adress, there’s no twist!!!! If it’s not noticeable to the naked eye how can it have so much impact on the flight of a golf ball......come on!!!! Just another sales pitch from TM.

Save your money and buy the M2 other the cosmetics it’s the same club.
    You will see it with your face when you pay for the club. Guarantee it

Pitching Wedge jermart is on a distinguished road
    Gobble_It....my wife kills me at this game....and chess....and now she's taking up golf.
    I may have her at the latter....for now.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    The changes to the bulge and roll radius that they made in the M3/M4 are way too small to be seen with the naked eye.

If you had a roll gauge you would probably see it.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    The changes to the bulge and roll radius that they made in the M3/M4 are way too small to be seen with the naked eye.

If you had a roll gauge you would probably see it.

Yes! And that microscopic change will solve all our problems off the tee........sure! LMAO!!!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    One or two degrees won't be visible, but will impact ball flight.

But remember, it's only helpful for certain situations.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Well Dustin Johnson and Rory McIlroy have both mentioned how it has helped their driving and JV is correct , you cannot see bulge and but you would definitely see it in your drives if you tried some older drivers with a lot of B*R
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

With the millions they get paid by Taylormade to use their product do you think they can say otherwise……

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Good point but B*R definitely affects your drives but does this new technology make it a miracle club, I think not but maybe worth a try. If anyone would be able to tell if it makes a difference it would be those pros. If it did not work you can be guaranteed they would have their other gamer in the bag.

I went for the driver compare at GT last week and tried out the twist face vs Epic and F8. The results were very close but in the end the F8 won out and it also has a type of face forgiveness with a milled face so I guess this is the newest fad. It was a full club longer than the others and my gamer which is also a Cobra.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    The issue I have with this advertising message is that where you make contact with the ball on the face of your driver is only one part of the equation when assessing accuracy...probably the least important actually. Face angle has a huge impact on the net result, and hand-in-hand with that, is club path.

Not everyone that hits it out on the hi-toe side does so with a closed face, likewise not everyone that hits it in the low-heel does so with an open face as they surmise. Face angle and club path tendency must also be assessed.

And when those two things don’t line up together properly using twist face technology, the misses will be huge!! Hitting it out on the Hi-toe with an open face means you are reloading all day long because it will be going right of right...and then some.

To say that twist face technology (which isn’t new by the way) is total BS is flat out wrong, but it is what I will politely call “incomplete advertising”

All the more reason to get PROPERLY fit for this club or any club for that matter.

Very true Travis, there is no magic club that will correct all the swing flaws but if you have the dough to get a new driver every year then fill your boots. I drive the ball pretty straight but not very long but I was lucky enough to take advantage of the driver compare fitting at GT last week. My numbers were pretty good and consistent between the M4, M3, Epic, F8 but nothing that would make me jump out and buy the TF driver. The clear winner for me was the Cobra F8 which has a milled face that has a similar effect on mis. That driver was a full club longer and $100 cheaper than TM with little difference in dispersion. I game a Cobra Fly-Z right now and would be interested in seeing the difference between it and the F8.
    Lefty Lucas

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    DJ and Rory are two of the best golfers in the world. Their records speak for themselves and they did not get to where they are by hitting high toe or low heel. Middle of the face baby, that's where the action is ! and that's where they make contact with the ball 9 out of 10 times so how can they justify a statement that the new M4 has helped them? I will bet that they are not even using the mas produced version of this head.

Curious as to how TM used swing data to design and market this club. There must be a ton of hacks out there.

Go and get yourself properly fitted, and I mean properly, take a few lessons to work on your swing path and you will be way further ahead of the game for less than the cost of an over hyped, over priced ( DJ,Tiger,Jason Rory and others don't come cheap) product.

The OEM's are desperate because of the limits set by the USGA on Drivers. Jail Break,Twist Face, please, give me a break.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    I'm going to humbly suggest that the SHAFT that goes with this driver (or any driver) is the biggest determinant of success for your particular swing profile. The shaft is the engine that drives the club after all...

Thread Information