CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

First Opening Day prediction

Radar Rob at Metcalfe Golf Club is predicting April 19th as opening day, nice to look forward to today after a nice dump of snow yesterday

https://www.facebook.com/metcalfegol...6538528847971/
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I can see that cabin fever is definitely setting in.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    For sure, I cannot wait until early April as I am heading to my annual spring golf trip in Orlando and hopefully when I get back courses here will be opening
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    I want to get out in late March like we did a few years ago, the 17th if i remember. Lets hope all this crap will be gone soon.

I remember that, I played hooky from work to get out that day, I think it was 27 degrees
    Lefty Lucas

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I remember that, I played hooky from work to get out that day, I think it was 27 degrees
    Yep, beautiful sunny day. I think we where at Cassellview, correct Luc?

I think so
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    not as much snow as usual and the rest of Feb looks pretty good weather wise, I'll predict there will be a course open the first week of April.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    I will say April 12, 2018 at Prescott Golf and Country.

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    After a late soggy start last year, the earlier the better!

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Weather Channel spring forecast suggests later start for spring. I'll guess April 20 for first round of the year.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

I get that courses cannot do a lot to get courses ready until they are sure they will not get much more snow but by next week the snow will be gone and any new snow fall will melt pretty quickly so I predict early April
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    If it stays dry and reasonably warm, it will be an early start. My office overlooks the 10th hole at the Marshes and there is very little snow left.

Fingers crossed.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    March 30 , here's hoping

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Soon
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Bogie ladygolfer13 is on a distinguished road ladygolfer13's Avatar
    Geez out east end past Rockland we still have 6 feet snow in out front yard

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Snow's almost gone at Greensmere from what I could see from road driving by last night.

I think we missed a few of the storms in the West end that hammered the East.
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Snow's almost gone at Greensmere from what I could see from road driving by last night.

I think we missed a few of the storms in the West end that hammered the East.
    there wasn't a ton of snow this year. On lawns, etc. where it was piled up from shovelling, etc. there is still a fair bit but out in the open, it's almost all gone. eQuinelle has posted some pics and it's pretty much gone there, the 18th hole is free of snow

Stonebridge as well, I drove by the 10th hole yesterday and the fairways were pretty bare, just some snow in the bunkers and on the shady side of some of the hills
    Lefty Lucas

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    April 7th-Nations. It does not matter that much to me. We are playing tomorrow at Big Cyprus in Lakeland. Great conditions. Lefty, when you get here you have to try it out. 38.00 after 1:00 but the prices drop in April. Talked to a couple of guys and they have said Falcon's Fire is a little beat up and Mission Inn is questionable. Marco---we are going to have to figure out how to get you and Denyse down here. It has been a superb spring. 2 days below 70 degrees and it only rained twice----at night Check out Floridian Villa.com We are already booked for next year.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Will do BIg Mac, our games are pretty well set but we do have a couple of openings and we have already dropped FF and Mission Inn from our list.
    Lefty Lucas

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    I played Mission Inn two weeks ago, El Campeon, thought it was decent. Bunkers were a bit inconsistent on some holes but overall not bad at all. Not sure if that is the same place you are referring to.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    yes Michael--same course. We played last year just to see what all the hype was about. Honestly Stonebridge and Equinelle were in better shape. It is a nice layout but for the price that they are charging you would think a little more maintenance would be in order. We went over to Celebration today to hit balls 7.50 (10.50 cdn) 45 balls. 95.00 a round----tourist 129.00 US I went in and asked for an explanation. The answer I got was "because we can!" I just said "discrimination was alive and well in Florida." I did get some applause from another 4some in the shop. I checked earlier and there is no bylaw,covenant etc. that can justify this kind of treatment. We are playing up and down 27 from Lakeland to Leeseberg---no one has an out of state charge and the rounds run from 32.00 to 56.00 are most are in decent shape. It has been a great year with 3 weeks to go
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by stevek View Post
    Weather Channel spring forecast suggests later start for spring. I'll guess April 20 for first round of the year.
    My countdown calendar also has April 27 as opening day at Greensmere, but, I would prefer the March 22 opening of 2012.

Weather forecasters predicted a cooler than average March but warmer than average from March through May.

Of greater concern is the amount of solid ice that lay on top of uncovered greens and the potential for damage. Let's hope.
    Last edited by BC MIST; 03-18-2018 at 10:31 AM.

1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road
    Post was off topic.
    Last edited by Bouboude; 03-10-2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: off topic

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    Guys, please keep this thread on the topic of local course openings. Start a new thread in Travel if you want to discuss Florida courses and deals. Thanks
    Life dinnae come wit gimmies so yuv got nae chance o' gitt'n any from me.

Sand Wedge retired is on a distinguished road
    For the courses that are located close to Ottawa I predict that the courses will open on Friday March 30th, for the course located farther from Ottawa, both sides of the river (Ontario & Quebec) the course will open later in april around 18th-20th

Quote Originally Posted by retired View Post
    For the courses that are located close to Ottawa I predict that the courses will open on Friday March 30th, for the course located farther from Ottawa, both sides of the river (Ontario & Quebec) the course will open later in april around 18th-20th
    highly doubt we will see anything open by the end of the month if you look at the forecast. snow expected the next 2 days and the temperature not really getting above +3 for the next 2 weeks. It looked good a few weeks ago but March hasn't shaped up the way I thought i might.

I spoke with the reps from the Prescott Golf Club and they thought they would be open before the end of the month!!
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    I spoke with the reps from the Prescott Golf Club and they thought they would be open before the end of the month!!
    yes, I did as well - said the last weekend of March. I am still doubtful about that though.

Thread Information