CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golf NOW

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar

Golf NOW

So, I don't get the value of Golf NOW. A couple of times this past season, I checked their reduced rate against the posted rate at some courses. Each time, it was cheaper for me to buy directly from the course. I recall one time, Golf NOW wanted $75 for 4 people at Thunderbird, but when I called the course, the green fee was about $33 total. The "convenience fee" was the same price as the green fees. Even if you buy the VIP plan, I am not sure how you can ever save money.
    Last edited by em69; 12-29-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    I think the golf courses have wised up and started offering staggered/dynamic pricing themselves, effectively cutting out the middle man that Golf Now represents. I used to get amazing deals through GN, but I didn't use them once this past season...didn't have to.

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    We are in Arizona for the winter and use Golf Now on occasion. Usually we do as well if not better booking directly with the course. Also can't see any merit in buying their VIP package.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Exactly right guys---same thing in Florida.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I played last year in FLA and GN saved us a bundle but yes you have to check out the course rates first. I was also with 3 other guys and we split the cost of getting a VIP pack and with all the games we played and the convenience fees we saved it paid for itself. We also got rewards for booking games which we split internally but on May 1 GN initiated a 3 day advance bookings on hot deals to get your rewards which sucked. Not sure if we will renew. We are lucky in that our membership expires more than a week before we head back this April so we will save the fees once again. We saved over $120US alone by booking Celebration on GN for our foursome
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Hi Lefty---was Celebration worth playing.. We are headed down in 10 days. We played Mission Hills last year---a lot of hype but nothing out of the ordinary. Really enjoyed Big Cyprus--just north of Lakeland--reasonably priced---lots of water and gaters
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It was worth it for sure, great layout, great service, super tough. Check out Black Bear and Southern Dunes, one is great value, SD is pricey but is a great course.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

We liked El Campeon but Las Colinas was a goat ranch, terrible, luckily we paid $57 for EC and it was pretty nice, the other was way overpriced and in horrible condition
    Lefty Lucas

3 Wood eyeping is on a distinguished road eyeping's Avatar

Golf Deals

Try GroupGolfer.com not as cheap as Golfnow fire sales but usually good prices and you can purchase 4 per email address. Usually get 3 days advance booking & good for 3 or 4 months.

yes, we used it last year and this year too, some good deals if you know the courses, check Golf Advisor for conditions before you buy, conditions can vary greatly from year to year
    Lefty Lucas

Monday Qualifier Drew is on a distinguished road
    Used Golf now yesterday. Booked a course for 2, for 1:13. Paid and received my confirmation with my proper time. Got to the course and found out golfnow changed our tee time to 12:49. Was not impressed! My golf partner arrived just in time to tee off with no practice time. Sent them an email asking for an explanation and have heard nothing from them. Course said Golfnow sometime moves 2SOMES around so the can book 4SOMES. Very unprofessional!

Golf Pig of the Year 07,08 rpangman is on a distinguished road rpangman's Avatar
    We had a similar experience recently. It wasn't a Golf Now deal time though. Our time was switched by about 25 minutes. We were there early so it didn't matter. The cart boys and starters that we have come to know told us that it is the club that does that to accommodate 4 somes or friends.

Thread Information