100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar

Tacky Golf Items

• Men: A putter plunger to help pick up your ball without bending over. If you can't bend over hire a caddy.
    • Women: Those giant visors sometimes flaunting a bow on the front. They are WAY too big and obnoxious, and could be hazardous in a strong wind.
    • Coloured golf balls. There is still some tradition left in golf and neon balls that help you find your wayward shots are not part of the tradition.
    • Iron club covers. They are not necessary, remember they are called irons for a reason.
    • Anything that says "I Love Golf" on it. Come on now, there is no reason to advertise you're a dork.
    • A mechanical clicker to keep your score. If you can't count to ten and you need to, you've probably forgotten your tee time as well.

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    A true classic

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    The only probelm is when you miss, man you cant get up to get the ball.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

I Just Won't Leave covanant is on a distinguished road covanant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    A true classic

Is this for real?
    I gotta get one to piss of the warden
    [font=Impact]Dirty...Mean...And Mighty Unclean.[/font]

Forum Idiot Indio is on a distinguished road Indio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by covanant
    Is this for real?
    I gotta get one to piss of the warden
    I think this would be a PERFECT gift for the golfer that already has EVERYTHING!

SEBALS are you listening? LOL
    Proud member of the 2009 OG/TGN Ryder Cup Champions

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    • Men: A putter plunger to help pick up your ball without bending over. If you can't bend over hire a caddy.
    • Women: Those giant visors sometimes flaunting a bow on the front. They are WAY too big and obnoxious, and could be hazardous in a strong wind.
    • Coloured golf balls. There is still some tradition left in golf and neon balls that help you find your wayward shots are not part of the tradition.
    • Iron club covers. They are not necessary, remember they are called irons for a reason.
    • Anything that says "I Love Golf" on it. Come on now, there is no reason to advertise you're a dork.
    • A mechanical clicker to keep your score. If you can't count to ten and you need to, you've probably forgotten your tee time as well.

Can I add one here?
    • Laser rangefinders. If you can't find the fairway or the green without without burning a hole in your target first...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

"Richard"
    nothing wrong with colored balls or range finders. I use both... both help me save time and i wish more people used them because I think they would both make people play a little faster.

If its legal, gives me an advantage I will use it... just like my belly putter As soon as I found out they wanted to ban them because it made putting easier I went out and bought one

Albatross sandbagger72 is on a distinguished road sandbagger72's Avatar
    i saw that at cb in bells corner
    Proost!

"Richard"
    I also have the club glove for each one of my irons... if my driver and woods get a cover... so do my irons!

Lets take a closer look at all the things I have other than the 14 clubs and the bag...

1. Club gloves for all my irons
    2. Range finder
    3. Colored balls
    4. Ball that flashes... I use it for late round when its dark
    5. Putter clip on my bag so the putter is outside my bag, its 43" and the grip always gets stuck in the bag
    6. brush tees
    7. thing that puts straight on my on ball
    so many more things I can't even think of them...

oh wait, putting turf in the basement to put on, plastic cups to putt into on carpet, net to hit into which I never set up.. list goes on

Hey,what are those flashing balls like?
    I mean the way they fly?
    distance etc..
    I play alot at night also,was a little curious.

"Richard"
    I'll tell you if you get to 1500 before I do....

Kidding, I love them. I've noticed they go almost just as far, on a drive maybe 15 yards short but atleast you can find it. On irons and wedges there isn't much difference. The only problem with these balls is that once you hit it, it flashes for about 10 minutes. When you get to your second shot you almost HAVE TO switch balls because you can't hit a ball that is flashing in your face, it will throw you off. So, if you are ok with switching balls half way through a round then its worth it. I don't include the score from that round for my handicaping because the balls aren't legal. I don't really consider it cheating although it is... my reasoning is, its dark, I'm not going to finnish if I don't use it because I will waste so much time looking for my ball, I'm acutally losing distance by using the ball and Tour pros have people find their balls for them... I don't

But again, I only take one of those $12.95 balls with me (ouch) if I know we are playing twilight and once I hit the ball, I don't enter that score. If I'm having a fantastic round and it gets to dark, I just give myself two over on each remain hole and leave... I only use that ball for fun with friends and to finnish the round. Anyone has a problem with me using it, I just give them one since I have 4 of them. The lifetime of the ball is pretty good as well, mine still works from the first part of the year last year

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Those balls could be a good idea for a course like Thunderbird
    My name is Paul. And I'm a golfaholic.

Thats what i was thinking,i play alot there at night during the week when the wife and kids go to bed.
    The course is well lit,but some areas have nasty shadows!
    You could have a ball 3 feet in front of you and never find it.

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    The jury is still out on those lasers that give you the distance to the flag. Maybe I am old fashioned but I believe you should be able to find the yardage off the markers in the fairways and figure it out yourself. To me, that is part of being a golfer.

I was actually debating buying some iron covers for my forged blades, but now that I think about that, nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bad idea Tacky looking irons with those things stuck on them. Plus where do you put that thing when you pull it off your irons and hit a shot? Toss it on the ground? That would be a pain in the butt everytime you had to use your irons.
    Plus my Grinders are so nice and shiny, I want people to see them shining in the sunshine!

Oh the brush tee thing, tried it a couple of times. Damn ball kept falling it off from the wind blowing hard. Might cut that one down and use it to clean the grooves in my irons.

BTW, how many of you carry a wet towel? I never leave the first tee without mine being wet.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

I have a set of iron covers that i use when my clubs are in the car.
    For some reason thats where they get banged around the most!
    I take them off when i get to the track.
    I leave all my headcovers in the car,that way i dont loose any

"Richard"
    GB I've actually had a change of heart, I'm not getting the range finder. I'd rather play on an even playing field with my friends and not have them think I'm buying my wins. They already complain my equipment being better than theirs, my 3 wheel cart (sold it to shut them up) and blah blah blah. I'm sure they will think getting custom fit y don is also cheating but whatever, I guess this is what happens when the student starts to pass the teachers You know what I do with the head cover after I take it off? I stand behind my ball (about 5 feet) and I put the down on the ground on a line from the hole to my ball extended back. It helps line up pretty easy. I'm not sure if it’s illegal or not but I know a caddie is allowed to stand behind you to help you line up to the hole and since I don't have one, I don't see any difference. It’s the only rule I will break if in fact it is a rule. I guess I could use my back, but the smaller the object the more accurate the line. GB, I had the same problem you did with the brush tees so I took a toe nail clipper and cut down a few of the centre brushes to give it a bit a hole for the bottom of the ball to rest in. Since then, it hasn't fallen off the tee. I just hate when I hit the ball and the tee goes flying, you would think a yellow or orange tee on green would be easy to find but it’s not for some reason... Sometimes

PS GB, spelled checked it just for you

Quote Originally Posted by covanant
    I have a set of iron covers that i use when my clubs are in the car.
    For some reason thats where they get banged around the most!
    I take them off when i get to the track.
    I leave all my headcovers in the car,that way i dont loose any
    Now that's a good idea. I usually wrap my towel around them to keep them from banging around. Unlike you, I leave my headcovers on my driver and fairway woods. However I don't mind if others take theirs off, that way I get business repainting their chipped and scratched drivers!

"Richard"
    GB how much is it to fix a driver that is chipped. I have one and would like to get the black finnish re-applied to the edges. Thanks

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    When I had back problems (sciatica), this thing was a lifesaver. Especially at Golf-O-Max, where you have to bend over after every SHOT - not just 18 times in a round. Best $1.49 I ever spent that year.

After I recovered, I gave it to a guy I met on the first tee who had obvious back problems and he was absolutely ecstatic about it. Spent the rest of the round thanking me.

Hope I never need to use one again, but none of us are getting any younger...

[COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar
    I have iron covers on my forged set....since the forgings (304 stainless steel) are pretty soft, they can be dinged easily.

Used coloured balls in the past....still have a few around including several orange and at least one pink. Since almost everyone is playing white balls, I wouldn't mind finding and playing some coloured balls.

A mechanical clicker is a must have for one who's trying to break 100. I have gone double digits on a hole many times....hence, my need for a clicker. Unfortunately, I can't count and play golf at the same time.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by thotho
    GB how much is it to fix a driver that is chipped. I have one and would like to get the black finnish re-applied to the edges. Thanks
    For you, a special deal $40, you pull the shaft and pay shipping both ways.
    OR read this, I found this using the
    SEARCH FUNCTION ON THE FORUM
    http://forum.golfresource.net/showthread.php?t=7438&highlight=painting+clubheads

"Richard"
    GB, you should know by now, I don't like using the search function. Reading your posts pleading with me to spell check and search posts is to much fun

GB, you should know by now, I don't like using the search function. Reading your posts pleading with me to spell check and search posts is to much fun
    Whatever, and the price just went up to $50 for the paint job plus shipping.

"Richard"
    ahaha, take it easy on me man... I'm an illeterate student from india and my english isn't as good as everyones. I'll give you $10 shipping included and while your add the painting the driver, feel free to make it look and play like an r7

ahaha, take it easy on me man... I'm an illeterate student from india and my english isn't as good as everyones. I'll give you $10 shipping included and while your add the painting the driver, feel free to make it look and play like an r7
    Now why would I charge you only $10 when I get $30 + per head? Oh right, I am in this to lose money and my time is free. Rightttttttttt I forgot that part of it.
    Paint it yourself.

"Richard"
    $5, that is my final offer

$5, that is my final offer
    Some people do not grasp the fact that quality workmanship is not handed out for free. You are one of those people. Insulting people by lowballing them with an offer on their services will not get you very far in life. If you think it is only worth $5 then go buy the paint, masking tape, clear coat, cup guns, air compressor, heat lamp and TALENT and paint it yourself.

Hey Golfbum i have an idea!
    Why dont you just go over to his house and paint it for him there?
    Is that cheap enough ThoTho?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Is there such a thing as lip epoxy
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 LobWedge is on a distinguished road LobWedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee
    Is there such a thing as lip epoxy
    Yeah, I believe that thieves and kidnappers refer to it as duct tape...
    When applying the Rules, you follow them line by line. You don't read between them.

Thread Information