CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood DJR is on a distinguished road

Mississippi golf information request

Around August 1, Mississippi came out with a promo, pay for next year and the rest of this year is free. I was wondering for those that took advantage of this, how they felt about the course, conditions, etc.
    They also had a special for first time members of a discount of $200 for only the first year or if you got at least 8 people to join together a discount of $200 for each year thereafter if you maintained this number. Would it be possible to get added to this list
    Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

5 Wood leafman is on a distinguished road leafman's Avatar
    I've started playing there recently and have paid to play there over my membership course. Great conditions on a very nice layout. They're doing irrigation work which I would think will only make the course even better going forward. Just my opinion.

Remi

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Pretty nice track and the money they put in to irrigation will be huge, a worthwhile investment
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leafman View Post
    I've started playing there recently and have paid to play there over my membership course. Great conditions on a very nice layout. They're doing irrigation work which I would think will only make the course even better going forward. Just my opinion.

Remi
    thanks for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Pretty nice track and the money they put in to irrigation will be huge, a worthwhile investment
    Thanks for your input

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    We really enjoy playing there a few times a year as it is a bit far for us but we always enjoy the course. Its quirky but i love that about it. Always in great shape, you cant go wrong joining.

3 Iron Noonan is on a distinguished road
    Was a member there in 09. Nice course, and lots of great people. You can't go wrong if it's on your short list.

Thanks Marcos for your reply

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
    Was a member there in 09. Nice course, and lots of great people. You can't go wrong if it's on your short list.
    Thanks for your input

5 Iron Pattington22 is on a distinguished road
    Can anyone who is a member or has played here speak to how busy the course tends to be during the week and then during the weekends? A number of times this past summer, I played as a single at Irish Hills and I came to enjoy that solitude. However, it usually necessitated a very early tee time, which, if I can, I'd like to minimize next year.

3 Iron Noonan is on a distinguished road
    I can't speak to the last few years but in 09, the weekends were pretty busy. They had a random software lottery system (keeps track of who gets their preferred time so it is supposed to even out in the long run). I found it worked pretty well back then. I always played early (except for tournaments/qualifiers) on weekends and we would buzz around pretty quickly (3 h 20 min typical). I think they try to stick to 4 h 15 min for regular times of the day. Men's nights and Ladies day are pretty busy too. But one could usually play a pretty quick 9 after work outside of Men's night. Lots of great guys to play with though, so it was easy to get games. You'll just have to find a group of guys to play with. You can probably still find nights where you can get out for nine as a single too if that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
    I can't speak to the last few years but in 09, the weekends were pretty busy. They had a random software lottery system (keeps track of who gets their preferred time so it is supposed to even out in the long run). I found it worked pretty well back then. I always played early (except for tournaments/qualifiers) on weekends and we would buzz around pretty quickly (3 h 20 min typical). I think they try to stick to 4 h 15 min for regular times of the day. Men's nights and Ladies day are pretty busy too. But one could usually play a pretty quick 9 after work outside of Men's night. Lots of great guys to play with though, so it was easy to get games. You'll just have to find a group of guys to play with. You can probably still find nights where you can get out for nine as a single too if that's what you want.

Good information to know. Thanks again

Thread Information