CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    1 Iron Bouboude is on a distinguished road

Red face Golfers tryind to hit us on purpose.

Had an interesting day of golf yesterday at Stonebridge. Course is in good condition but front nine is wet and cart path only on a number of holes. As a twosome we got paired up with a couple of nice and easygoing guys. On one of the holes we had a golf ball land 10-15yards behind us at most and it was all carry no roll. I suspected it was on purpose but was not sure. On hole number 14 on the putting green a ball lands right in front of the green and rolls up between us maybe 10 feet from the pin it was a great shot from the ladies tee box. At this point I was a little pissed because I knew it was on purpose but I left the ball in its location. Because the course was busy and we followed the group ahead of us I had a good chance to watch these people behind us and both guys in the threesome I would consider really good golfers. After a small wait on 14 for the green to clear the did not come over to apologize. So I asked them if the would be hitting into us on this green and the answer was no if we sped up our play we were 10 minutes behind schedule. Anyways words exchanged actually not involving me( I was actually a little in shock that the guy admitted hitting into us on purpose) after that this group stayed back for the rest of the round. Total pace of play 4hours and twenty minutes with some holes cart path only and a little bit of waiting on a few holes for group in front of us. Best part of the story is it looked like this group was a family with one of the guys a teenager.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    The course is packed, no way to go any fatster.Hmmm. i would say. Report them to the marshall is the best bet. I know Stonebridge is a 'fast' play course but some times you cant fix stupid. Glad it all turned out alright.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Ridiculous. If your group is also waiting for those in front of them, their beef would be with the course marshall. Sounds like the same idiots that ride your bumper in the fast lane when there's a transport truck passing another in front...

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnazzyD View Post
    Ridiculous. If your group is also waiting for those in front of them, their beef would be with the course marshall. Sounds like the same idiots that ride your bumper in the fast lane when there's a transport truck passing another in front...
    Very true.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Yep--you can't fix stupid. Yes Stonebridge is a fast play course and I have no problem with that---keeps you in the game. The marshals are always around and are always friendly etc----but this is really the fault of them definitely not doing their job.. I did have this happen once 2 years ago and spoke to the marshal---she was very sympathetic BUT said there was no way she would approach a bunch of rowdy guys (I didn't blame her)----there should be some back-up plan for instances like this.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    There is absolutely no excuse for someone hitting into you on purpose - none whatsoever. Its not just rude but its dangerous. I would report them to both the marshal and the general manager of the course.

Sand Wedge dq2003 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Yep--you can't fix stupid. Yes Stonebridge is a fast play course and I have no problem with that---keeps you in the game. The marshals are always around and are always friendly etc----but this is really the fault of them definitely not doing their job.. I did have this happen once 2 years ago and spoke to the marshal---she was very sympathetic BUT said there was no way she would approach a bunch of rowdy guys (I didn't blame her)----there should be some back-up plan for instances like this.
    Rowdy guys?
    This is a golf course.
    She should have come back with 1 or 2 other marshalls and kick them off the course.
    You should not be "rowdy" on a golf course.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Always contact the clubhouse for such incidents, let them deal with the stupid.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    Wow. I would have gone absolutely ape on them. They were literally trying to injure you.

Postaholic downhillslider is on a distinguished road
    Golf Terrorists obviously.

9 Iron jjw99 is on a distinguished road jjw99's Avatar
    i hope it was good golf balls
    because it be in my pocket

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I don't want to come off as a jerk here, but I think maybe we're jumping the gun on the group playing behind? Re-read the original post. One incident has a ball coming to rest 10-15 yards behind the group, the other has a tee shot on a ladies par 4 hitting in front of the green and rolling onto the putting surface. I would say the first scenario is a non-issue, and the second scenario is a great shot that never put anyone at-risk for injury. I'd definitely offer/expect an apology, and I'm not condoning the rude comment that your group play faster, but as described, this was not a dangerous situation.
    Andrew

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Andrew, I didn't read anywhere that the OP stated it was a dangerous situation. The situation is completely unacceptable . If the group behind had any brains, they would never had hit their balls that early...seeing that they were experienced golfers, they knew what they were doing.

Thread Information