CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar

Question hmmmmmmmm

I usually agree with you 4jag but ..............????

I like the idea that ppl are new to the game and learning the, just not in prime time....IF they were to do as you say especially on par 3's, there would major hold ups.:sleepy

example.....not mentioning the course but we were behind ladies league one morning and on a par 3 168 yrds, we waited for a group of three to finish putting , a group of two in the middle of the fairway (yes middle!) and a foursome on the tee before us, with the group behind us on the green about 30yrds away from us and almost done putting. All that = 3 hour front nine.:crying
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road
    yup, at some courses i have seen the starter indicates that after u hit the ball x number of times pick it up and go to the green...however if we go back and let them play par 3, they would get to work on all aspects of the game...seriously though, i understand that its not everyone..most people are smart enuff to know what to do, but sometimes u run into some people that make u wish marshalls had guns...

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

you're right

Yes you are right Steve the par 3's can cause bottlenecks but I'd rather have a group of new players only playing out the par 3's rather then bunting it down the fairway on every hole.

Some courses have kids tee blocks, positioned way ahead of the ladies tees. I think more course should do this but you'd have to give them a better name like "Executive Tees" so that people wouldn't feel embarrassed to be hitting from the Kids tees.

martymcfly

comparison

I look at golf the same way I look at skiing. I'm not a great skier, so I stay on the easy hills, the so-called bunny hills. Once I master those, I will move on to the intermediate hills. If I try the expert hills as a beginner, I will get in the way and slow things down.

Golf is the same. I play the courses that suit my ability. If you are a beginner, start on the easier courses and once you are confident on those, try something harder. It is for everyone's enjoyment.

Marty

2 Iron JimmyW is on a distinguished road JimmyW's Avatar

Re: comparison

Originally posted by martymcfly

Golf is the same. I play the courses that suit my ability. If you are a beginner, start on the easier courses and once you are confident on those, try something harder. It is for everyone's enjoyment.

Marty
    Question Marty
    As an example, for my neighbour (who's my age) and who just started golfing his first 3 rounds of his life this month, I was wondering if you could tell me where to find a course or two (besides the par three on 31) that is considered an easy course, and how he would find said courses?

I like 4jags idea with a twist
    One off the tee, one off the frway, one from 50-80 yds out and putt till it's in.

Another comment. I peg in at 92+, my wife is 120+ We both go as quickly as the group in front of us. I golf with 10 hdcp or less golfers who analyze and over-routine every shot and still only do 12 better than I do.

OPINION COMING!! The length of course has little to do with speed or bottlenecks. Marshals (polite! Marshals) are the best thing for speeding up a course than anything.

JW
    Last edited by JimmyW; 06-15-2002 at 10:14 AM.

martymcfly

easier courses

I could make a few suggestions for some easier courses. Try the Raceview 9hole ocurse; Poplar Grove, Pineview, Riverbend, Richmond etc. There are some courses that are too difficult for beginners.

I definitely agree that there are some good golfers who are very slow. Long courses don't necessarily slow down rounds, it is the difficult courses that do. If you are always looking for balls, it takes longer to play.

Slow play is also because courses jam pack their tee times. Six, seven and eight minutes between groups is not enough. Stonebridge is an example of how golf should be. When you go there, you know that even though it is a tough course, you are looking at 41/2 hours. They warn you if you are too slow and then give you a rain check if warned again. What helps them is the fact that you don't tee off on #1 until the group ahead is putting.

Just an opinion, that's all.

Lob Wedge St Andrew is on a distinguished road
    Just played this course today, and since I hit the ball pretty long, I really enjoyed it. It will be awesome when it grows in a bit more. It could use a few more mounds lining the fairways in the open spots, but it is a nice track to Grip it and Rip it!

7 Wood gumby is on a distinguished road
    played the other day and for my money a few points..
    1..greens were for the most part not great..they were a few shades of green..it appears they they have been taken over by poanna grass(not sure of spelling)..this maybe because its new, so when the get that taken care of it should be ok..also, the tee boxes were like hitting out of the rough...they needed to be cut..spoke with a grounds person and they said that they didnt have the right mowers to cut them properly...other than that, and the fact it was wet, which is not the fault of the course, it will be an interesting place to play when it ages a bit...oh yeah, for the younger guys, the pro shop staff, beer cart girls, and even the grounds grew were female, and at this stage were the best part of the course...

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I've played Falcom Ridge several times this year and I've found that the staff are nto very friendly. I've rude experiences from both the check in staff and the cart girl.

Today the cart girl wouldn't even get off her cart to serve people. I had to find all the stuff I wanted myself. Needless to say she didn't get a tip from me.:shakehead

Thread Information