For the first time, I brought in a few drivers to test out at the Golftown in Kanata, hoping to figure out which of the two was giving me better numbers (and get a regrip while I was there).

I couldn't believe the results....I wasn't getting any distance at all, even when it "felt" really good. I hit my 17* i25 hybrid 220 yards the other day to setup an eagle putt (one of the only highlights of the day, sadly) and there I was, unable to get much further with a G30 driver in my hand - the average after 20-30 swings being about 240 all-in with some drives going a mere 210 yards, when I usually hit it 250-280 on the course. The other thing was the spin numbers....as low as 1500 and as high as 3850!

I wasn't expecting such poor numbers from the session, and if anything, I figured they might tweak it so that the club you were demoing would give you AMAZING results...not the opposite. Has anyone else found the machines there to be "off"? I tried both bays and they were consistent in their mocking of my golf game

I'd been thinking about getting a simulator at some point - even just an Optishot. But this was no fun at all...and I don't think I'd want to relive that experience at great cost ever again...