CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tiger DUI

In the Zone 4jag is on a distinguished road 4jag's Avatar

Tiger DUI

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Wannamaker stevek is on a distinguished road stevek's Avatar
    Awesome Mugshot!
    "Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men...
    the other 999 follow women." - Groucho Marx

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Wasn't alcohol related and his story probably checks out, not that makes him innocent in the matter. He may lose some of his remaining sponsors over this but he's not really relevant anymore and still has a net worth of $700 million.....so yeah.

The released police dashcam videos (Golfchannel) show some culpability. How could anyone attempt to drive in that condition....

Impaired is Impaired and that is beyond defensible. In the eyes of the law it doesn't matter if you are on pain meds, pot, wine or beer.

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    Hadn't seen that news - guilty is guilty, of course, and someone could have gotten hurt or killed had things played out differently.

Could this then be Tiger's final bow? There's always the possibility of an encore on the Champions Tour, but I doubt he'd want that being his final chapter...nor this...

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    All we need now is the chase and the white Bronco----------OH forgot there was a chase and it was a black SUV !!!!! I am tired of defending the guy---.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I will always be a tiger fan based purely on how he played golf when he was in his prime. He made it incredibly exciting and exhibited a skill set that absolutely no one will ever come close to touching in my opinion. I can't defend his actions in this case as he put other people's lives at risk and that is a shameful thing to have done.What I am is so absolutely ing tired of the bashing by judgemental know nothings with iq's lower than a rodent. You know nothing of the perils of true addiction or mental health issues if you can't find a shred of support for this guy that basically lives his entire life under the spotlight. It seems to me that no one leans towards compassion anymore for individuals who may legitimately be having massive and real struggles in their lives especially if they are celebrity. Take a peek in the mirror and reassess things a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I will always be a tiger fan based purely on how he played golf when he was in his prime. He made it incredibly exciting and exhibited a skill set that absolutely no one will ever come close to touching in my opinion. I can't defend his actions in this case as he put other people's lives at risk and that is a shameful thing to have done.What I am is so absolutely ing tired of the bashing by judgemental know nothings with iq's lower than a rodent. You know nothing of the perils of true addiction or mental health issues if you can't find a shred of support for this guy that basically lives his entire life under the spotlight. It seems to me that no one leans towards compassion anymore for individuals who may legitimately be having massive and real struggles in their lives especially if they are celebrity. Take a peek in the mirror and reassess things a bit.
    Where, in his statement, is there talk of addiction? (Other than his other one?)

Is it that easy to pin a 'Victim' pin on him? What if he had killed someone, still a victim?

Price of celebrity could be a low as a cab ride, which he could afford all the way to LA from Jupiter.

Singles Match Play Champ 2011 John is on a distinguished road John's Avatar
    I'm not talking about any statements that were made? I'm talking about possible addiction and the perils associated with the disease. Who's pinning a victim pin on him I didn't mention anything about him being a victim? If he had killed someone it would be obviously be a tragic circumstance made even sadder if it's due to a mental illness or addiction someone isn't properly treated for.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I just find it difficult to understand that a man that had put physical fitness and well being as the core of his success would not have known about the possible reactions of different drugs he was using for "recovery" from his surgery. Maybe if it was the very first time he had taken those drugs together, then maybe but surely the pharmacist would have told him about it. Unfortunately his past discretion and dishonesty will make it difficult for people to believe his innocent plea today. I am just really really happy no one was hurt except for some public property damage.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Thread Information