CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Nut wings is on a distinguished road

Bringing kids to course

Just a quick question about bringing your kids with you to the golf course. Do courses typically allow you to bring your kids onto the course for free? I'd like to bring my 8 and 5 year olds with me a few times but I'd think twice if I have to pay two extra green fees. Obviously I would go when it's quiet for both golfers and my sanity. They would most likely hit a few balls but mostly be around for the ride as they are just starting out. Just looking for what others have seen. I know private courses allow it but I'm talking public only. Thanks!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    No problem for us at Buckingham. We have brought our grandaughter a few times in the past. I cant see a course charging you to bring kids as long as its not a busy time of day. Best of luck and good on you for bringing the kids to the course.

Sand Wedge retired is on a distinguished road
    If golf courses want to stay open in future years, they need to attract new golfers and what a better way, is to allow kids to play as long as it is not super busy day and playing with an adult. For me it is not a problem. Those kids may become life long players

Consistently present SnazzyD is on a distinguished road
    If you want them to actually play a round, the old Poplar Grove course (now Eagle's Nest?) has a short par-3 course that's good for bringing kids out for their first rounds. Not very busy and no pressure at all. Since you're in Orleans, doesn't White Sands have a similar, family-friendly Par 3 course?

Yeah White Sands is an option but I'm looking at bringing them with me while I play and letting them hit a few when they feel like it and just ride around in the cart when they don't.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Check with the courses. Some will allow kids to play free with a paying adult usually after 4pm on the weekends. Manderley, Falconridge , Metcalfe to name a few.

I would definitely call beforehand but I just want to see what others have experienced. I'm sure most courses don't mind as long as it's when it's quiet

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Please check out Renfrew Golf Club! Free golf for kids under 18 if they play with an adult. All season long!
    Andrew

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Some courses have strict rules about letting people ride in golf carts when they haven't paid green fees. It has something to do with insurance liability if I am not mistaken. I am sure someone qualified in either the insurance business or a golf course owner/operator can elaborate on this.

I used to bring my kids with me once in a while when I was playing. I would strap his clubs on the cart and let him hit a few whenever he felt like it. I only brought my son/daughter on off peak hours and always asked if the course was busy or not. As long as the course is aware of your intentions I don't see a problem. As mentioned above these kids are the future of the game and it is in the industry's best interest to get the kids involved at an early age and to make it a positive experience.. The pro used to give my son a brand new ball when he showed up with me. A small gesture but he still remembers that to this day.

2 Iron Guzman is on a distinguished road Guzman's Avatar
    Mountain Creek has an excellent kids program.
    "Everyone is born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" Ben Franklyn.

Thread Information